Become a Patron!

No Drinking, Smoking, or Vaping Under 21 in California if New Law Signed

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But it's ok to command an M1 Abrams Battle tank, or man a nuclear missile silo, or fly a supersonic fighter jet, but no vaping or beer for you young person!

Seina_Yamada

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Drinking age is 21 and I've seen too many 13 to 20s sitting in jail cells Smoking age is 18 to 21 depending on the state, but I've seen kids from 12 to 21 smoking. Restricting any thing on age only at best slows down procurement of what they are not suppose to have. How about we come up with a better way to stop this stuff?

My own mother way buying me smokes at 14 with the rule that I payed for them, and at for my 16th birthday she went out and got my completely skunk drunk then sat with me all night just to make sure I didn't hurl in my sleep.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought beer when was 15, looked older with the beard, but no matter. I've seen many "kids" in the service man 50 Million dollar equipment, and then be able to go get a beer from the beer vending machine and get a pack of smokes from the PX. Now that was 20 years ago, but now, well kids will still find a way like we did.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's nothing more than a feel-good move by some politician so they can say, hey, I'm looking out for those poor children.

Last edited:

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The age of "children" gets pushed up every freaking generation. When my Grandpa graduated 9th grade, at the time he was considered an adult, maybe not legally since he wasn't 18, but he had the responsibilities of an adult. For my Mom and Dad, it was 16 or 17. For me, 18. For my younger brother 19. Now 21? Seems the nanny state is going into over drive here.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
this thread deserves
37912684.jpg

followed by
image.png

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if 21 is the age one should be allowed to smoke drink and vape
then it should also be the age when you
can join the military, get a license, own property, vote, and basically do alll adult things

Im sorry but i dont like the double standard
you cant let them be partially an adult at 18 and then fully an adult at 21
either everything is 18 legally or 21 pick one.

VU Sponsors