Become a Patron!

No idea if E liquids are compatible with a box mod vape

So I recently bought a box mod vape (sigelei 100w plus) and I was just smoking regular juices 0mg of nicotine. I'm not even really addicted to nicotine but I don't know if it's capable of using E liquids in the atomizer I have (Just a regular Subtank). My brother has an older Halo E vape and he has a good amount of juices for it. So I put 18mg nicotine juices in my subtank but I don't know if it's detrimental towards the coil I have in my atomizer. I also don't really know much about the coils in atomizers but I do know my ohms is at 0.5. Am I capable of smoking these juices in my box mod vape?

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
the equipment is capable.

but for a subohm tank, 18mg is pretty high....6mg is more suited for subohm vaping.

of you are not used to nicotine, you may want to stick to 0mg

I mean I used to chain smoke black and milds and inhale everything. I guess you could say I was addicted but I stopped for over a month and was just curious how vapes were. Would using this e liquid in my subtank pose detrimental towards the coil or do I have no idea what I'm talking about lol

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It doesn't matter if there is nicotine in it or not, 0 to whatever strength you want is fine.

If you quit, why not keep nicotine out of the mix and stick with zero nic? I guess if you are going back to smokes, vaping any level of nic juice is better.

As said, 18mg is really high for a subtank (or any other atomizer that's below 1.0 ohm)... maybe try 3 or 6 level of nic if you want nic.

Alright thank you I have been smoking out of the vape with this 18mg liquid. Doesnt really give a buzz, all it really does is just burn a little bit. Completely out of liquids so I'm just going to wait til tomorrow and pickup another 0MG juice. Thanks for the help!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Your hardware is more than capable of handling it. But are you?

Coils will gunk up over time and will need to be replaced or repaired by dry burning and replacing the wick no matter what you use.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nicotine doesn't have any negative effects on tanks, coils, or wicking.

The only issues (that I know of anyway) are from using citrus based flavors in plastic tanks, the acid reacts with the plastic causing it to weaken and crack or get hazy. Some tanks also can't handle high VG juice, they can't wick it fast enough so can result in burnt wicking material.

But I agree with the above statements about the nic. 18 in a subtank might give you an overdose if your not careful. Lower ohms = much more efficient delivery of nicotine so can get just as much nicotine absorbed into your body as using higher percentage liquid in a weaker setup.

All depends on hat your used to though.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright thank you I have been smoking out of the vape with this 18mg liquid. Doesnt really give a buzz, all it really does is just burn a little bit. Completely out of liquids so I'm just going to wait til tomorrow and pickup another 0MG juice. Thanks for the help!

Really? Shit, 18mg nic at 0.5 ohms would turn me green and I'd feel like I'm levitating lol!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can do 12mg at .5 but that is the ultimate max.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nicotine doesn't have any negative effects on tanks, coils, or wicking.

The only issues (that I know of anyway) are from using citrus based flavors in plastic tanks, the acid reacts with the plastic causing it to weaken and crack or get hazy. o can't handle hi Some tanks alsgh VG juice, they can't wick it fast enough so can result in burnt wicking material.

But I agree with the above statements about the nic. 18 in a subtank might give you an overdose if your not careful. Lower ohms = much more efficient delivery of nicotine so can get just as much nicotine absorbed into your body as using higher percentage liquid in a weaker setup.

All depends on hat your used to though.
can't handle hiSome tanks alsgh VG juice, they can't wick it fast enough so can result in burnt wicking material.

Key words here, high VG will gunk up any atomizer type coil, the subtank seems to be particularly bad at getting gunked up pretty damn quick. I can go thru a .5 coil in one day easily(I vape 70/30 vg/70 and use about 15mls of juice). But, I rebuild mine, it's easy for me. Then again, I typically drip. Good luck @Brosephh

greendodo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, what most these guys said are true, you do get a bigger buzz, however for me I got used to it when I first sub-ohmed. I used to vape on 12 mg on just regular ego styled batteries and tanks, but when I started sub-ohming, my first vape sesh god me really light headed, so I bought a 6mg juice and it was so much better, then I ran out and started using my remaining 12 mg juice, and have been since.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
6mg max for me. I just ordered zamplebox and got mine at 3mg

VU Sponsors