Become a Patron!

No more vape products to be shipped starting in June??? NY???

So earlier this month my local vape shop told me that starting in June you will no longer be able to buy juice, mods, coils, or any other vape products online. I live in upstate New York.

Is there any truth to this? Could it be a NY thing? Should I act like a hurricane is coming and stock up?

Any insight would be great. Thanks!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
So earlier this month my local vape shop told me that starting in June you will no longer be able to buy juice, mods, coils, or any other vape products online. I live in upstate New York.

Is there any truth to this? Could it be a NY thing? Should I act like a hurricane is coming and stock up?

Any insight would be great. Thanks!
September 30, 2017
Note: the FDA delayed this requirement to June 30, 2017, from its original due date of December 31, 2016. It was then postponed an additional three months when the agency delayed all deadlines again in May 2018.

• Establishments engaged in the manufacture, preparation, compounding, or processing of a tobacco product must register with the FDA. Future regulation will require registration of foreign establishments.
  • Provide the FDA a list of all products. The list must include all labeling and advertising. Product listings are updated every June and December.

May 8, 2018
Note: the FDA delayed the submission of ingredient listings for small-scale manufacturers from its original due date of August 8, 2017.

• “Small-scale” manufacturers must provide ingredient listings and Tobacco Health Documents.
  • Compliance period for manufacturers to submit a substantial equivalence application. (This is unlikely to apply to any vapor products, unless a predicate product is approved through the PMTA pathway first.)

August 10, 2018
Tobacco products will be considered misbranded unless they bear a label containing the following information:

• The name and place of business
  • Quantity of the contents
  • Percentage of domestic and foreign-grown tobacco
  • The statement: “Sale only allowed in the United States” on labels, packaging, and shipping containers of tobacco products
  • Product packages and ads must contain the addictiveness warning statement “WARNING: This product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical.” The warning must follow size and format requirements. Manufacturers cannot manufacture products with non-compliant packages beginning May 10, 2018 and cannot distribute such products beginning June 11, 2018.
  • Product packages and ads of covered tobacco products that do not contain nicotine may bear an alternative warning statement: “This product is made from tobacco.” Manufacturers must submit to FDA a self-certification.

November 8, 2018 - Doomsday
TNT.jpg

• Last day to submit PMTA’s for products that were on the market on August 8, 2016. Products may remain on the market for one year, or until the FDA denies the application.

November 8, 2019
  • No products remain on the market that haven’t been issued a marketing order by the FDA.
  • Manufacturers must report all harmful and potentially harmful constituents (HPHCs) for their approved products.

September 30, 2017
Note: the FDA delayed this requirement to June 30, 2017, from its original due date of December 31, 2016. It was then postponed an additional three months when the agency delayed all deadlines again in May 2018.

• Establishments engaged in the manufacture, preparation, compounding, or processing of a tobacco product must register with the FDA. Future regulation will require registration of foreign establishments.
  • Provide the FDA a list of all products. The list must include all labeling and advertising. Product listings are updated every June and December.

The shop said that stores will still be okay, and that only online purchases would be banned.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The shop said that stores will still be okay, and that only online purchases would be banned.
Must be New York laws, I foresee a large spike in overseas shipments to New Yorkers.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The only thing I see specific to NYS at the moment is a somewhat controversial ban on vaping in public places, of which the legality seems to still be bouncing back and forth.

Considering this is advice you got from a vape shop, like with so many other vape shops I would take that advice with a box of salt. Or ask them to put up or shut as to where they got that information. Sounds terribly convenient - and wrong - in order to get you to keep buying from their shop.

Considering this is advice you got from a vape shop, like with so many other vape shops I would take that advice with a box of salt. Or ask them to put up or shut as to where they got that information. Sounds terribly convenient - and wrong - in order to get you to keep buying from their shop.

Thanks for the input. The shop was selling my coils for two and a half times more then the company's direct site (even if I bought in bulk). I mentioned the huge price difference and that was their reply.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
sounds like an attempt to gouge you.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Sounds like "Mr. Brick and Mortar" is scared of the intranets.
I'm all for shopping local, but most shops are surely charging more on liquid, mods, etc for location overhead.
I've turned away from a shop that looked as if it was constructed by the Starbucks contractor. I didn't feel like I would get a good deal on liquids there. I guess it's because I look at liquid as a consumable commodity, much like gas. I always try to balance taste, customer service, and price per milliliter. A little AEMSA thrown in for good measure is always nice too.

VU Sponsors