Nonna's Chocolate Cake

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the Nonna's Cake really potent enough to be tasted at .5%? I don't have mine yet, so I wouldn't know, but I love chocolate cake vapes and would love to be able to make one without a ton of FW yellow cake. :)

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Teresa P to me it's a strong flavour I tryed it stand alone at 5% it left an after taste that lasted a long time I then cut it in half to 2.5%
The flavour was still there and the aftertaste didn't last long I tryed it at 2.5% with FA pineapple at 2.5% to me it overpowered the pineapple
You can tweek the recipe to your own taste. Perhaps someone with more experience at mixing would advise you better I'm still a novice with anything other than tobacco which again I mix to my own preference

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you! Btw, some may have more mixing experience, but in the long run we never get out of the "novice" stage as long as newer products are always coming out and we're always learning. :)

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will forever be a novice Teresa P especially when I have and keep buying flavours that I haven't used yet

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's turning into an obsession Teresa P
I'm thinking tonight Nonna' Jamaican Rhum & Ginger cake
FW Ginger ? It's the only one I can get that's not oil based
FA Rum?
Nonna's cake?
Brown sugar ?
Treacle/molasses? I haven't got or found that flavour yet
Lightly spiced? Maybe holiday spice
Suggestions or help appreciated Food for
Thought :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA has molasses, and Nature's Flavors has the best ginger.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I think brown sugar, Jamaican rum, and coconut would be excellent with that cake....;)

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't get natures Ginger hear the shipping is very expensive I've had to settle for FW Ginger, making the best of what I can get I was working on a ginger tobacco flavour i found that FA burly works well at equal percentage's for me anyway
Thank you for your suggestion Coconut sounds like a nice addition :)

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In my opinion Nonnas cake is not at all potent. I would definitely use more than 0.5%.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find its best at 3% standalone or mixed with other flavours.

Sent from my P022 using Tapatalk

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personal preference and taste
It's what we all have and learn from depends what you mix it with all flavours have a minimum and maximum percentage.
Meaning if you go over it it tastes the same it's about balance what is the dominant flavour you want to achieve? With back ground flavour maybe on the ex hail
I'm vaping a recipe I came to like using RY4 that is hitting the spot for me right now
Some of us are in pain and what we crave isn't there anymore but simple things make live Easier I take all comments as a positive

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know what your saying and agree. the good thing about diy is we can make juice how we like it and our tastes all differ.

Sent from my P022 using Tapatalk

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We can view others recipes and think that sounds good mix it up and think we'll it's good but it needs something more for me that's how we grow an develop and learn
Freedom of information is power to self :)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it is flavor west (thought it might be TFA) "Gingerbread" which is very, very gingery --authentic, imo--and hardly bready. I would definitely use it as a ginger flavoring. I'm sorry I can't be sure which of the two brands it is--maybe someone can chime in who knows? But in any event, it's insanely powerful stuff!

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes your right flavour west does have gingerbread the bread part in the description put me off they also do Ginger it was recomended in one of Hic's recipes as a sub for natures flavours Ginger

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I remember reading that now that you mention it, but I haven't tried fw plain ginger. I do have the NF one, though, and I think I might like the fw gingerbread ginger better than NF, shocking as it may seem.
Edit: That was a lie. I have, it turns out, tried FW Ginger - found it in some old notes! I honestly can't remember, but my notes say it's a very natural-tasting (this is a little surprising for FW) ginger flavor. Anyway, I compared it to FW Gingerbread in my notes, saying I could hardly tell the difference between the two.

Last edited:

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't tried nature's flavour it's not available in the UK the shipping is far to expensive for a small bottle I will get the Ginger bread flavour to comparing the difference but the Ginger works well for me mixed with some of my tobacco flavours

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Morgoth32, I can ship you some NF ginger. Air mail from Australia would be 10 pounds

morgoth32

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kind of gone of this recipe I find the longer it sits the more overpowering noonas cake gets being a novice mixer and my pallet isn't an educated one nor is it sensitive I'm having a real problem tasting strawberry I want to tast it but no matter the % it's not there for me
Noona,s ginger cake
2% FA Chocolate
2% FA Rum
1% FA Nonna's Cake
1% FA Vienna Cream
2% FW Ginger
1% TPA Brown Sugar
Made this up but I'm not touching it for a month at least I think it will gunk up coils but if the flavour is good it will be worth it if you try in your feed back is always appreciated

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm having a real problem tasting strawberry I want to tast it but no matter the % it's not there for me

Have you tried INW Shisha Strawberry yet?
I only use 2-4%, but if you pile too many other flavors on top it will all but disappear IMO.
@AndriaD uses it around 15% tho, but it's kinda rare to need to go that high.

Some also add 0.5% FA or INW Raspberry to help pop the SB more.

I don't go higher than 1% with Nonna's Cake cause it will end up being too dominant.
And it does need steeping 1-2 weeks IMO.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
..... at least I think it will gunk up coils but if the flavour is good it will be worth it if you try in your feed back is always appreciated

Thanks for the recipe!

After perusing...
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/coil-friendly-chocolate-concentrate.229882/#post-1105944

...I think it's time to use my Molinberry Glamour Chocolate as a sub. in your recipe.

Ron
---
"Persuade thyself that imperfection and inconvenience are the natural lot of mortals, and there will be no room for discontent, neither for despair."- Ieyasu Tokugawa

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried INW Shisha Strawberry yet?
I only use 2-4%, but if you pile too many other flavors on top it will all but disappear IMO.
@AndriaD uses it around 15% tho, but it's kinda rare to need to go that high.

Some also add 0.5% FA or INW Raspberry to help pop the SB more.

I don't go higher than 1% with Nonna's Cake cause it will end up being too dominant.
And it does need steeping 1-2 weeks IMO.

Yeah this is my recipe for strawberry & cream -- which actually tastes like strawberry custard, but it's diketone-free, so I don't say "custard."

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 15.6%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 5.6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.2%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.9%
TFA Sweetener 2.5%

Depending on your sweet tooth, you might want more or less sweetener -- suggest starting at 2% and see whatcha think -- I can go as high as 2.8%, but only for small quantities, as it gets sweeter and stronger, the longer it sits.

No steeping required -- that's the reason for the high percentages; if I can't vape it when I mix it, neverfuckingmindit! Ain't nobody got patience fo dat shit! :D Actually it's best about 3 days after mixing, but perfectly vapable when mixed.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the recipe!

After perusing...
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/coil-friendly-chocolate-concentrate.229882/#post-1105944

...I think it's time to use my Molinberry Glamour Chocolate as a sub. in your recipe.

Ron
---
"Persuade thyself that imperfection and inconvenience are the natural lot of mortals, and there will be no room for discontent, neither for despair."- Ieyasu Tokugawa

That Glamour Chocolate is GREAT! It's the first chocolate I've been able to taste at all, in a vape.

Andria

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
... got in my car and felt like I'd climbed into the inside of a cow..... :blech:

Beef or Dairy cow?
:popcorn:

Ron
:D
----
Normal Internal Temperature Ranges
Beef cow
36.7–39.1 C
98.0–102.4 F

Dairy cow
38.0–39.3 C
100.4–102.8 F

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beef or Dairy cow?
:popcorn:

Ron
----
Normal Internal Temperature Ranges
Beef cow
36.7–39.1 C
98.0–102.4 F

Dairy cow
38.0–39.3 C
100.4–102.8 F
Going by that, likely beef. Either way, I need to get out, I don't do red meat....:D

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It was 95 here today. Dunno what the humidity was, but it felt like trying to breathe jello, or a sponge. I stayed in the house 'cept for the 5 mins when I went to get the mail and water my rosemary plant. Gotta fix some rosemary chicken soon, nom nom nom....

Andria

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's beef degrees here too

Well...at least you don't have to worry about your wiener dangerously sliding around today.

weiner.jpg
Ron
----
"Let's just say I was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. That's all it was curiosity. "-Jim Morrison

VU Sponsors