Become a Patron!

Nord 4 1.2 quartz

I've got a nord 4 and I'm using 1.2 quarts coil for 50mg saltnic at 12watts. After refilling it once the the taste is completley gone and taste burnt what am I doing wrong? The recommended watt for those coils were 12w.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi Andy :wave: Welcome to the forum.
I do not have that device. Have you tried a lower wattage like maybe 10w?
There is a trick I use for other pod systems that may help. When I refill the pod I take a napkin and shape it to a long point in order to fit it into the mouthpiece hole. I spin the napkin around in the top hole of the pod and remove it. It's usually coated with dark colored juice and other gunk from the top of the coil. I repeat that once or twice until the napkin comes out almost dry. It keeps the top of the coil from building up gunk. the coil gunk can and usually does have a burnt taste.

If all else fails I'd suggest trying a different type (or ohm) of coil out next time you need more coils.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got a nord 4 and I'm using 1.2 quarts coil for 50mg saltnic at 12watts. After refilling it once the the taste is completley gone and taste burnt what am I doing wrong? The recommended watt for those coils were 12w.
In addition to what 5150sick said, the way you start a brand new coil off can directly impact the life expectancy. If you just filled and vaped the first time it's possible that 4.5mls of juice is all you'll get out of that coil.

When you install a new coil it's best to let it sit for a minimum of five minutes. Even better is to completely close the air flow off after 5 minutes and inhale hard on the mouth piece without firing, this will ensure the cotton is fully saturated. Lastly, make your first 5 puffs at a lower wattage than what the coil recommends, for you I'd start at 5, 8, 10, then 12 watts giving the coil time to resaturate each time, this is called breaking the coil in.

I've used plenty of pod systems while traveling and have always found that a little extra care with a new coil can extend the life, other times when I've rushed a new coil they haven't lasted nearly as long.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

VU Sponsors