Become a Patron!

Not just quitting, I can see this becoming an obsession

S13rra175

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello people,

I vaped off and on with Blu and the like for maybe 2 years to try and quit cigarettes totally. I was doing ok though, only smoking a few times a week. A friend of mine was buying tanks and it got me interested in the hobby.

That was five days ago...

Now I'm building coils.

For some reason everything I touch I have to customize or modify. Every computer I've owned or car I've driven. So I guess this fits nicely. Right now I'm running a Mutation X v4 RDA on a Sir Lancelot mech using the 35a 2800 efests. Coils are just dual 1.4mm nano 26g kanthal a1 running at .22. Clouds are nice.

This is my first coil build, so I'll start a thread in that section too for responses.

I'm also using an Arctic sub tank with the .2 DBTC as my daily so I don't have to drip at work.

Anyway, I seem to keep getting linked here for answers to my questions so I guess I'll sign up.

Hi!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! You're in good company here!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Have fun and be safe.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome. Vaping becomes a addiction not only to nicotine but to new shiny things that seem to come out weekly. I think drugs are cheaper lol

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome! You're right about how easy it is to go whole-hog on the hobby real quick - and those are some nice coils, especially for a first attempt! Be careful with those Efest "35 amp" batteries, especially going low sub-ohm! Exclamation point!

S13rra175

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. Yeah, now I'm already looking at 26650 mechs, and maybe a Tobh to go with it. Something I can drill out and customize. I think I'm going to pick up a box next week, maybe a smok cube 2. Seems to have good features for the price, and the Bluetooth app is cool.

I didn't like the nanos so I built some dual parallel macros.

They come in at .16. Very nice clouds. It's pulling 26 amps, so I'm hitting it sparingly. But so far the 2800mah 35a efest is doing very well. It's yet to get hot or anything. I doubt the claimed output too, but it seems like most people are having good luck with them. I'm keeping my eye out for some authentic sonys though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

S13rra175

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks man. ...just picked up a snow wolf special edition and a new atty. And now my girlfriend picked up a mech and an RDA and is starting to build. I got some more wire and I'm going to try out some claptons. ...I knew this would happen.

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks man. ...just picked up a snow wolf special edition and a new atty. And now my girlfriend picked up a mech and an RDA and is starting to build. I got some more wire and I'm going to try out some claptons. ...I knew this would happen.
Lemme know how that snow wolf is. I am thinking of getting a back up piece and I would be new to TC so I guess its like going from manual to automatic. A tank would be nice as soon as I find a vape I can take all day. If only I had to the money to get all the stuff I want vape related. There is some nice hardware out there these days.

S13rra175

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lemme know how that snow wolf is. I am thinking of getting a back up piece and I would be new to TC so I guess its like going from manual to automatic. A tank would be nice as soon as I find a vape I can take all day. If only I had to the money to get all the stuff I want vape related. There is some nice hardware out there these days.
I got the snow wolf special edition. It's pretty badass. It's dead simple as far as the interface, and I was actually a little let down it was so uncomplicated. But it still has a lot of features, you just don't have to mess with any sub menus. I haven't used the temp control yet, but I'm getting some nickel tonight. It's a little heavy, the sides are kind of sharp in your hand, and I'm always worried about dropping it. But it's a really solid feeling device and looks great. The locking feature is nice, but every time you go to lock it, you up the wattage or temp, so that's kind of annoying. Over all I'm glad I got it though.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Surprised you didn't go for the smoke cube II. It's real gadgetty(is that even a word), right up your alley I would think.

S13rra175

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Surprised you didn't go for the smoke cube II. It's real gadgetty(is that even a word), right up your alley I would think.
Actually that was my first choice, but my local shop was charging too much, I could have bought it online and waited, but they were carrying the snow wolf for the online price, and I like the form factor more. I'm going to pick up the cube soon though.

...and that's awesome man. Yeah, I used to smoke a lot. 12 years for me. I definitely noticed I got my wind back when I stopped buying packs. That was a while ago, but I haven't smoked at all since I started vaping.

Btw I'm new to tc too. I just bought 30ga nickel. Tried to do a dual, kept snapping. So I settled for a single at 16 wraps, 3mm Id, .26. Not enough for me when at 650 degrees. But it's getting late and I work, so I'll try for duals tomorrow.

VU Sponsors