KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hello Folks,

OBS is a pretty established brand. If you look into their product history it’s largely made up of Rebuildable tanks, in fact I’ve recently purchased the Engine Nano to see how that shapes up. Before I get to that though OBS have taken a little detour releasing a new Sub Ohm tank “The Damo” which will be the sidekick to their new “Bat Mod”. Perhaps Damo is lost in translation… meaning “Tea Lady” but there you go crazy as ever…..poor Robin you missed out this time round, unless of course they meant Alfred in a wig?

So let’s start properly then Heaven Gifts sent through the Alfred …I mean Damo to see how it performs. I don’t like to make recommendations in my reviews, rather I’ll go through all of my findings to help bolster your research should you be interested in the product.

3B584294-4996-44A1-875E-E2CF68D8AB9F.jpeg

Manufacturer Specs:
  • 25mm Diameter Base
  • Signature OBS Top Side Fill System
  • 5ml Max Capacity
  • OBS M OCC Coil Family
  • Dual Adjustable Airslots
  • 11mm Bore POM (Delrin) Drip Tip
  • Stainless Steel 304 and Glass Construction
  • 24K Gold Plated 510 Connection
Damo Product Info: https://www.heavengifts.com/Damo_b834.html

OBS Bat Kit info: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/OBS-Bat-Kit.html

Available Standalone Damo Colours: Black, Blue, Stainless Steel

What’s in the box?
  • One OBS Damo Sub-Ohm Tank
  • 1 x M2 Coil Head (0.4 ohm 30-50W range, best between 35–45W)
  • 1 x M6 Coil Head (0.2 ohm 40-100W, best between 60-80W)
  • 510 Drip Tip Adaptor
  • One Replacement Glass Tank Section
  • Spare Tank Seals
  • User Manual
Impressions and build quality

It’s a cracking looking tank but then I like the styling of the OBS atomisers anyway, so call me biased on this. They have moved away from their signature top airflow design, opting instead for bottom airflow. Since the tank came through for review without the caped crusader, I opted to go marvel using it on Vaptio’s Spiderman themed WallCrawler which easily handles the M2 coil. I later switched to a dual battery set up to get the best from the M6 coil.

996C1E1B-FF74-454E-A452-963D36999F8E.jpeg

The stock drip tip is comfortable to use and I found it to be the perfect height. I wasn’t detecting any heat transfer through it, and it isn’t susceptible to the disgusting yet inevitable lip crust build up I’ve experienced on other drip tips.

There is an adaptor provided in the spares which allows you to run a smaller 510 drip tip. Doing so enhances the flavour further and allows you to reduce the wattage and tighten up the airflow. I would like to have seen tighter resistance on the O-rings as its pops in and out a little too easy.

Threading, machining and part alignment when assembled have been well executed.

5CFE7813-F933-42AE-9510-72D851F7A8B6.jpeg
389D1A10-2344-4980-9FD3-AF9160EAA7BB.jpeg
41E8DC75-6B44-488D-AC66-61E33774A482.jpeg

OBS has stuck with their trusty refill system which makes it a doddle. Just slide the top cap up to reveal a single 11mm by 3mm fill port and push it back down when you are done. I’ve noticed it struggles to accommodate larger twist nozzle refill bottles, although my other bottles such as the 30ml PET bottles are hassle free.

I did need to wipe around the refill mechanism every now and then. If you ignore it the top cap will squeeze juice out when you push it back down. I would say it’s not ideal to store in a bag or pocket because the mechanism seems a little easy to pull up or down and could be subject to knocks and leaks. Otherwise it’s a breeze to use with a pretty smooth operation.

There is a little bit of sideward play in the refill mechanism when it’s pulled up but nothing overly concerning, the OBS ring doesn’t free turn like the OBS Nano. I did sit there plunging it repeatedly with a tank full of liquid and it didn’t cause the coil to flood.

The glass tank is thick and should be able to withstand a few knocks. The top cap sits out further than the glass itself, so even if you do knock it over without having a vape band the glass should survive ok.

FFE104AE-6E20-43EE-A66C-5297ADB3C6B7.jpeg

The Airflow control ring is very smooth to turn. It exposes two large Dual 9.5mm by 2mm Air slots. Even wide open there is a slight restriction to the draw. There is a stop which aids in disassembly. I noted a very slight amount of vertical play but it’s really very slight.

The only time I noticed leaking was leaving the tank full for long periods of time where the liquid eventually oversaturated the cotton. Whilst left overnight or in use leaking was not a problem, in fact there wasn’t any condensation build up which is impressive. There was no need to pin the cotton to speed up wicking it kept up the whole time with both coils (always be sure to check the gasket sits flat on the coil before using).

There is a lack of an RBA (Rebuildable) deck at the moment which is a shame, I would like to have seen what this can do with a build in it. I’d really like to see OBS release a bubble tank and RBA kit option for the Damo.

The tank breaks down into 5 parts for cleaning and maintenance.

00783B83-B700-4228-A8EC-BD991ACCF10B.jpeg

How’s the Vape?

42F6FFED-0681-44A5-B4B2-39CF8D32BED8.jpeg D1C358D2-2547-4287-818F-FC044BDFE85E.jpeg
The 0.4 M2 coil is rated between 30-50 Watts, best between 35–45W.
  • I found the wattage range to be accurately stated
  • Stated resistance was spot on.
  • It took 8ml to break in.
  • I was vaping it at 43W with the airflow half open.
  • Flavour was great and vapour production was moist and plentiful, especially with a 510 drip tip.
  • The draw is smooth and no annoying whistling
  • I managed to get a good hour of fairly frequent vaping without having to refill the 5ml tank.
  • The coil lasted a total of 2 weeks at a push, it was past its best after 10 days though.
  • The white gasket was good, and I didn’t have to fanny about pushing wires back before priming and using

The 0.2 ohm M6 Coil Head is rated between 40-100 Watts, best between 60-80W.
  • Again I found the stated wattage range to be very accurate.
  • Stated resistance was out by 0.01ohms
  • Even more flavourful than the 0.4 ohm coil once broken in
  • Again the draw is smooth and no annoying whistling
  • Due to the noticeable increase of vapour production I opted to use the stock drip tip.
  • I settled on 76 Watts with airflow just over halfway open.
  • I was able to vape this fairly heavily for about 25 minutes between refills.
  • Coil was good for nearly 2 week without fade, wicking still looks white at the time of this review.
  • The wires did need pushing back slightly to begin with to ensure the white gasket sat flat at the base of the coil.
  • Slight weeping under the base at times if I left it for too long
This tank is compatible with Smok baby beast coils, or the myriad of tanks out there that now utilise that standard size. To be honest the Damo stock coils are really damn nice with decent QC (if the ones that came with the tank are anything to go by anyway)

Pro’s
  • Simple Design with an easy refill mechanism
  • Comfortable stock drip tip
  • Decent capacity at 5ml
  • Great styling but then I like the look of OBS tanks
  • Can use 510 drip tips with the adaptor
  • Great flavour and vapour production from both coils
  • Decent coil life overall and accuracy
  • No “in use” leaking didn’t even get condensation build up
  • Thick glass tank section
  • Draw caters for both airy and restricted draw vapers
Cons
  • O-rings could have been a little tighter on the refill mechanism & 510 Adaptor
  • Lack of RBA deck
  • It did leak a little when I left it full for a full day without use
  • Requires wiping around the refill from time to time
Final Conclusion

For once my review is fairly short and that’s because there is nothing about this tank that’s caused my OCD to go nuts. I really had to nit-pick to pull out those cons. Its approach is simple and it’s been well executed - the pro’s vs cons speak for themselves.

I’ve really started to appreciate sub ohm tanks that don’t require massive amounts of wattage, drinking a full tank in mere seconds and the Damo is certainly one of the better tanks out there utilising the baby beast size coils, I've thoroughly enjoyed using it - good job OBS.

C14DA1CD-AED5-4787-B8F7-298DCE6B5260.jpeg

Thanks for reading my review, hope it covered everything you wanted to know until next time KingPin!

Last edited:
New to this forum. I liked the review. I’d like to say the OBS Damo tanks ive bought have zero issues with leaking. Although I agree that it’s not practical to carry in a pocket due to the slide up fill top. The M6 coils are in my opinion the best I’ve ever tried out of the box. Also I’ve had no issues with the top being loose. Mine are firmly in place all the time unless pulled up to fill.

VU Sponsors