Become a Patron!

OCC heads and rebuilding coils

Aesthete18

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi there, I've been posting quite a bit lately so I apologize but I'm really just trying to study this stuff as a newbie.

I have an iJust2 and currently using an Aromamizer tank but I'm not too happy with it. The juice noticeably decreases if I do not touch vape not sure why. Either way, it also eats up a bit of juice anyway, it leaks through the rubber and I've been meaning to try its original tank.

Okay, so here's the problem. I don't understand anything about the original tank. I've been watching videos and searching the net but it isn't helping much. All I know is it uses an OCC head? Okay, so I asked a friend of mine he says the head (I'm thinking it's the metal piece that houses the coil?) needs to be disposed every two weeks and a new one is priced at 20 bucks (in my country). I've been smoking for 13 years and I've managed to bring it down to 1 pack a week and sometimes but rarely 3 packs in 2 weeks. If I'm spending 20 bucks on just a piece of metal, it isn't very cost efficient not to mention I love smoking cigs more than vaping anyway. After watching some videos, I notice that you can just recoil and change the cotton. So why would you throw the head? I'm very confused about this.

In terms of coiling, I'm thinking since it comes with a 0.3 and 0.5 ohm coils, I need to do it with that resistance? What gauge wires do I need to use that's optimum for an iJust2 tank?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Those can be rebuilt, but not everyone likes to, so they toss ;em. At that price, I'd want to rebuild, too! You can build it to whatever resistance you prefer. 26g kanthal might be your best bet for that resistance. I use 28 for a bit higher resistance in RTA tanks, but I've tried it in a couple coil heads, too.

Aesthete18

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those can be rebuilt, but not everyone likes to, so they toss ;em. At that price, I'd want to rebuild, too! You can build it to whatever resistance you prefer. 26g kanthal might be your best bet for that resistance. I use 28 for a bit higher resistance in RTA tanks, but I've tried it in a couple coil heads, too.
Awesome! Finally some info I can understand. I wanna learn to rebuild which is a good skill to have, besides if I'm feeling lazy in the future I could just go throw em out and get a new one. The iJust2 belonged to another friend of mine whom I got it from. At the time I got it, his juice, coil and cotton had been sitting there for about 8 months! eww.. Can I just wash of the head and recoil/cotton it?

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The juice noticeably decreases if I do not touch vape not sure why.

No, it will not. If you have all the parts screwed down there will be no leakage, and there will be no decrease of juice unless the device is used (vaped).

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You might check Youtube for Aspire coil rebuilds. But yes, if you're building a new coil and putting new cotton in it, rinsing it is fine.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I've thoroughly rinsed pre-built coils and let them dry for a couple days and they still work fine. That said, I don't buy any pre-builts anymore, too expensive and who knows what kind of metal and cotton is in them. I wouldn't buy or use ejuice from china, same for the coils.

Aesthete18

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, it will not. If you have all the parts screwed down there will be no leakage, and there will be no decrease of juice unless the device is used (vaped).
I swear it! I remember cleaning it out and filling juice. I primed (under 10 puffs) it before heading out it was at 50% when I reached the diner, it was 35%. It's happened too often especially when I'm done vaping and lay it down for a long time, when I pick it back up there's a noticeable difference.
You might check Youtube for Aspire coil rebuilds. But yes, if you're building a new coil and putting new cotton in it, rinsing it is fine.
Ahhh! is that the type used for iJust2? I've been looking for a name all night. Thanks!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I swear it! I remember cleaning it out and filling juice. I primed (under 10 puffs) it before heading out it was at 50% when I reached the diner, it was 35%. It's happened too often especially when I'm done vaping and lay it down for a long time, when I pick it back up there's a noticeable difference.

Ahhh! is that the type used for iJust2? I've been looking for a name all night. Thanks!
I've used them in mine, they work. I do believe that Eleaf did make coils for that one, but the Aspire fit them too. Matter of fact, I'll double check, I haven't used it in quite a while.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

OK, yes, Eleaf did make specific coils for that tank, BUT The Aspire Atlantis coils also fit, and they work fine in the iJust 2 tank.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get an adjustable wattage mod and a rebuildable atomizer. Better vape for less money in the long run. Much less money.

VU Sponsors