Become a Patron!

Odin 200w mod reading incorrect resistance

Hey all,

New poster here. I hope I'm posting in the right forum.

I've had an Odin 200w box mod for several months and it's started to report a higher resistance than my other mods. My Therion and my Aegis mini will both report my Ares 2 as having 0.6ohm resistance but my Odin will read 0.71 to 0.77ohms.

I cleaned the contacts but it made no difference. Anyone got any ideas?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Is the Odin consistent with the ohms it reads off that coil? If so, I wouldn't worry about a 0.1 ohm difference.

If ohms are fluctuating, you've got a short in the making somewhere, a loose wire, or something touching where it shouldn't. OR the 510 pin on the atty may not be making good contact with the 510 inside the mod.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If you have an ohm meter or reader you could check it.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
One of my Odin minis is doing that, I think liquid has gotten under the 510 pin, tough to get out.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have the same problem on one of my minis... cleaned center pin and snugged mounting screws on 510 connector. Improved readings so far....

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ares 2 on a dual 21700 mod? Your Odin is probably just trolling you šŸ¤£

When you cleaned the contacts, did you also clean the threads on the inside of the 510? Those can be important too.

The guy above could also be correct, next step might be disassembling the mod to look inside.

VU Sponsors