Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...versity-part-of-fda-e-cigarette-studies.html#

“But we have no idea what happens when these chemicals hit the lungs,” Shields said. “Then, when they get heated, there are breakdown products of those chemicals that are known as being irritants, things that cause inflammation — part of the pathway toward cancer and lung disease.”

After that statement it looks like we know how Dr. Peter Shields already feels about vaping.
I wonder just how bad his ideology will effect the outcome of a 5 year study?
Will confirmation bias play a large role?

After reading the above paragraph do you see this scientist painting vaping in a good light at the end of this study? - 5150

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with you, that this guy seems to be biased toward the ANTZ crowd. On the flip side of the argument, would it gain any traction of this were a big time study of Dr. Farsalinos (sp?)?

I only ask, because it seems to me that the war to save vaping is lost. 100% bought & paid for by the US Government(s) via the FDA. Aside from the pending lawsuits, there's not a damned thing any of us can do about it.

I haven't seen 1 solid piece of science that states any proven harmful effects of vaping. Only conjecture and potential, from "authorities" that the sheeple follow without question.

Think of me what you will, but I've decided that once I'm through with vaping up my stash, it's on to nic gum and maybe patches. Hopefully not ever back to cigarettes.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like to think minds can still be changed. It's not over till it's over :D unless you thinks it's over :p

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
study funded by the FDA...nuff said.

I don't get it though.

if vaping goes away what are they going to study?

Don't they want the funding to keep doing pointless studies?

That's what they are good at right?

People are sick and tired of them using the taxpayers money to do the same study on smoking that's already been done more than a dozen times over the last 5 decades.

One would figure they'd want to keep vaping around in order to preform the same studies over and over again for the next 50 years like they did with smoking.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't get it though.

Don't they want the funding to keep doing pointless studies?

That's what they are good at right?

People are sick and tired of them using the taxpayers money to do the same study on smoking that's already been done more than a dozen times over the last 5 decades.

One would figure they'd want to keep vaping around in order to preform the same studies over and over again for the next 50 years like they did with smoking.
they do what big tobacco and big pharma pays them to do.they can't do tobacco studies or "new" drug studies if tobacco disappears.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Vaping isn't going away. Goobermint cannot make anything go away; they can only push it into "informal" markets.

Besides, do you really think that BT isn't going to get some PMTAs approved?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Since OSU is near to me, if I thought the study was non biased I would volunteer.

Wait, I spoke too soon.

They are not collecting ANY fluids from my lungs!:crazy:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why not save the time of their bogus studies and pick up the phone and call London? Studies done, results conclusive. Then they could take their "study money" and put it back where it belongs - food stamps and welfare witches.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We do not know what the long term effects of vaping are.
We do need studies to provide that information.
There will be bias in many studies.

Get over it.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tend to think the FDA needs to get its head out of the clouds....And go after G.M.O. foods.....Everybody eats!....Z

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Why not save the time of their bogus studies and pick up the phone and call London? Studies done, results conclusive. Then they could take their "study money" and put it back where it belongs - food stamps and welfare witches.
They can call my house. I live in London. I will tell them all they need to know and give them the best plan of action free of charge

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They can call my house. I live in London. I will tell them all they need to know and give them the best plan of action free of charge

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I'll also have them ask about the long term effects of Monsanto and food contamination - since the UK refuses many foods be imported from the states for this reason. ;)

VU Sponsors