Become a Patron!

Ohm meter is

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think my ohm meter might be losing it's mind a little, does this happen a lot? I didn't do any kind of crazy build, I didn't really change anything just New coils. Maybe the connection is already wearing? I checked it with a voltmeter and in a bit I'm going to check with a known resistance (melo lll). did I get a bad one?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think my ohm meter might be losing it's mind a little, does this happen a lot? I didn't do any kind of crazy build, I didn't really change anything just New coils. Maybe the connection is already wearing? I checked it with a voltmeter and in a bit I'm going to check with a known resistance (melo lll). did I get a bad one?
it can be alot of things...some atties bottom pin doesnt sit down far enough to get a proper reading.or on the cheap ones i think the connection to the 510 connector spins and the wiring breaks or shorts onto something...

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
it can be alot of things...some atties bottom pin doesnt sit down far enough to get a proper reading.or on the cheap ones i think the connection to the 510 connector spins and the wiring breaks or shorts onto something...
It's a cheap one alright, the only other one they had was the one that heat treats the springs for ya. Seemed like overkill. I'll look for something middle of the road, until then I have a voltmeter and I'll have to remember .3 on a voltmeter is .0 lol, thanks

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a cheap one alright, the only other one they had was the one that heat treats the springs for ya. Seemed like overkill. I'll look for something middle of the road, until then I have a voltmeter and I'll have to remember .3 on a voltmeter is .0 lol, thanks
or just throw it away and get a new one,make sure your bottom pin is down far enough...they makes some nice high end ohmeters, really since I know where I like to vape at and its well above what my batteries will handle I dont use the things anymore....

Gregjl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This may be the wrong section but it's part of the same story. I stopped to see about another ohm meter in one of the vape shops I go to and there were none so I tried more kanthal wire and he said he wasn't allowed to sell wire or cotton etc. Just mods and juice. Didn't mention batts. He must be mistaken right? Because the other store I go to has you name it, apparel even. So it can't be the whole fda thing. Especially wire and cotton they have other uses. Coils are way more specific to vaping. I guess what I'm asking is, are these just more fuzzy laws that most people don't really give a shit about and follow them or not it's up to you?

VU Sponsors