Become a Patron!

Ohms and watts changing as I vape.

I have an eleaf 100watt and i have a delta 2 tank. So for the last 2 months my ohms are a consistent 0.49-0.51 and my watts never change(I use 55W) . Now all of a sudden my ohms increase up to 0.66 ohms and my watts go to 44W. My tank is screwed on firmly as that was apparently some peoples issues. I've also put a new coil in and still the same issue.... Is it safe? Is my thing broken or just normal?like I said it never used to do that and just started to today...

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like when you hit the fire button the resistance rises? And then after you let go it settles back down to ~0.5?

Or your last coil was ~0.5 and the new one is 0.66?

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, need more info.
Include what attys you use, and if they're right out of the pack or rebuilt. Also, at any point in the past, has your e-leaf given you a random "Low Ohm" error for no reason? Answer to that is likely "no," but just checking.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have an eleaf 100watt and i have a delta 2 tank. So for the last 2 months my ohms are a consistent 0.49-0.51 and my watts never change(I use 55W) . Now all of a sudden my ohms increase up to 0.66 ohms and my watts go to 44W. My tank is screwed on firmly as that was apparently some peoples issues. I've also put a new coil in and still the same issue.... Is it safe? Is my thing broken or just normal?like I said it never used to do that and just started to today...
As a regular maintenance, you should clean the 510 connection. I'm cleaning those w/ a q-tip. Use some 90% isopropyl alcohol on one side, wipe all of the contacts (pin & threads), use the dry part to wipe off, let it "breathe out" for a Minute, before re-attaching your Atty.

When I hit the fire button it rises, and then after about ten seconds, it settles back to .5 never even changed .01 before and now it seems like it's jumping a lot. I have a delta 2 tank... Whatever atty are with those. Joy tech something or other... Never had any message on my vape screen ever actually, just the normal display and how long my vape was in seconds

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
When I hit the fire button it rises, and then after about ten seconds, it settles back to .5 never even changed .01 before and now it seems like it's jumping a lot. I have a delta 2 tank... Whatever atty are with those. Joy tech something or other... Never had any message on my vape screen ever actually, just the normal display and how long my vape was in seconds
Due to the corrosion/dirt on the contacts, the device gets faulty readings, usually higher resistance. Therefore, the device will increase the voltage to comply to the set wattage.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Right out of the pack the atty, come in 5 packs...
Joy tech something or other.

Ha. Might as well find out now, rather than later. After 20 packs of those, you'll be back here asking how to rebuild them.

As for your eleaf, I was fishing for clues. You supplied them. Got nothin'. Please refer to Neunerball's suggestion.

So I cleaned it up. Now when im vaping and using watts as my variant, 51W. my resistance goes up to 0.66 ohms and 5.8 volts. When I select volts to be my variant, im using 5.0 volts and my ohms is 0.67 with my wattage dropping to 37.3....

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So I cleaned it up. Now when im vaping and using watts as my variant, 51W. my resistance goes up to 0.66 ohms and 5.8 volts. When I select volts to be my variant, im using 5.0 volts and my ohms is 0.67 with my wattage dropping to 37.3....
I'm not familiar with your mod. However, the resistance readings in either variant are pretty close. Therefore, I wouldn't worry too much about those readings, as long as you get similar results in your vape.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is totally normal. Wires resistance rises as it heats up.

That's how temp control works. The mod reads resistance and assigns a temp value to a given rise in resistance.

Ok, its just unusual how my vape hasn't fluctuated like that in my time owning it and now all of a sudden, no matter what coil I put it, it fluctuating like that. Also now im not getting throat hit, or taste and im getting a vapor cloud still. It's not vapor tongue because my gf has the same vape and i can taste hers and also I change my flavour daily. Hers is acting just like mine used to as well and she has the exact same set up... Appreciate everything all of you are suggesting to try and help btw...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, its just unusual how my vape hasn't fluctuated like that in my time owning it and now all of a sudden, no matter what coil I put it, it fluctuating like that. Also now im not getting throat hit, or taste and im getting a vapor cloud still. It's not vapor tongue because my gf has the same vape and i can taste hers and also I change my flavour daily. Hers is acting just like mine used to as well and she has the exact same set up... Appreciate everything all of you are suggesting to try and help btw...
Maybe, it's time to upgrade to a more reliable mod?! (Christmas is coming :))

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That is totally normal. Wires resistance rises as it heats up.

That's how temp control works. The mod reads resistance and assigns a temp value to a given rise in resistance.
I don't think, the eleaf 100W has TC.

YEA, ill have to get a new tank I think... Switched out the gf tank and put on mine and my mod acted like it normally does. Put my tank on her mod and same issue occurred... I cleaned everything so guess it just crapped out

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tc or not tc, resistance rises with heat. I was just saying thats how TC mods regulate temp.
My smok m50 (not TC) does the same thing on any atty. It is showing live resistance.

If your mod displays resistance in real time (which it seems it does), it will show it rising when you fire it. It most likely has it's whole life you just didn't tweak your head to see the screen when it is firing.

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
YEA, ill have to get a new tank I think... Switched out the gf tank and put on mine and my mod acted like it normally does. Put my tank on her mod and same issue occurred... I cleaned everything so guess it just crapped out
Maybe the contacts of your tank needs cleaning?! Or... Is there a screw at the bottom of your tank's 510 connection? Maybe it got lose somehow. Otherwise, yes, get a better tank.

I cleaned every contact and every thread delicately and allowed to dry. No screws on the tank at all... Guess I'm going shopping tomorrow for an early Christmas present... LOL I think that's the solution here after trying everything
Thanks again guys

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I cleaned every contact and every thread delicately and allowed to dry. No screws on the tank at all... Guess I'm going shopping tomorrow for an early Christmas present... LOL I think that's the solution here after trying everything
Thanks again guys
Got a new tank in mind?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm thinking the KangerTech AeroTank Turbo. Should be interesting moving up to a quad coil set up lol
Mmmmhhh!
Moving up? I'm not so sure about that! What is it that you are looking for in a tank? Are you a mouth to lungs hitter, or direct? What about airflow? Would you accept higher needs for eJuice?
Let's get started with that. :)

rudogg760

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was having the same problem with my decimus out of the box. Resistance is .25 at 4 volts, when i would hit it the ohms would jump to about .31 so the watts would drop about 10 watts giving me a weak vape. This was on the crown with the .25 ss coils. Very frustrating, i sent it back.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors