Become a Patron!

Ohms vary with use

Zyed

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My coils seem to change by .01-.02 ohms after using the coil for awhile.
This change might seem minute, but for TC on my DNA250 chip and SS 316L coils in the iJoy Tornado Hero it means inaccurate temperature calculations and I have to crank the degrees way lower than what I should to get the smooth vape I want.

edit- this usually happens after about 5 ml of juice and it's the cold (room temperature ohms, base ohms, whatever you want to call it that's changing)

What could be causing this?

Is there any way to prevent it?

Do I just have to change my temperature with the ohm changes?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My coils seem to change by .01-.02 ohms after using the coil for awhile.
This change might seem minute, but for TC on my DNA250 chip and SS 316L coils in the iJoy Tornado Hero it means inaccurate temperature calculations and I have to crank the degrees way lower than what I should to get the smooth vape I want.

edit- this usually happens after about 5 ml of juice and it's the cold (room temperature ohms, base ohms, whatever you want to call it that's changing)

What could be causing this?

Is there any way to prevent it?

Do I just have to change my temperature with the ohm changes?

Isn't there a lock resistance function on your mod? Are you using it?

Hold Fire and Up for 2 seconds while atomizer is room temperature

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I can't really speak to anything about TC vaping as I've never been happy with it, so don't use it... but that tiny a change in resistance is not at all uncommon. One thing I do know about TC is that you have to set the temp you want when the coil is cool, at room temp, or the TC won't work right. Which makes me suspect that changing the temp "on the fly" after you're already vaping with that coil, will lead to wildly inaccurate TC.

Others that are more experienced with TC vaping may have much better info to contribute.

Andria

Zyed

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't really speak to anything about TC vaping as I've never been happy with it, so don't use it... but that tiny a change in resistance is not at all uncommon. One thing I do know about TC is that you have to set the temp you want when the coil is cool, at room temp, or the TC won't work right. Which makes me suspect that changing the temp "on the fly" after you're already vaping with that coil, will lead to wildly inaccurate TC.

Others that are more experienced with TC vaping may have much better info to contribute.

Andria

So what you're saying is locking the ohms will prevent the "on the fly" resistance reading? I was under the impression locking ohms prevented the mod from reading the changes in resistance necessary for TC to work

edit-
Isn't there a lock resistance function on your mod? Are you using it?

Hold Fire and Up for 2 seconds while atomizer is room temperature
Sorry didn't see your post. Won't that prevent the mod from reading the resistance change for TC mode to work?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So what you're saying is locking the ohms will prevent the "on the fly" resistance reading? I was under the impression locking ohms prevented the mod from reading the changes in resistance necessary for TC to work

edit-

Sorry didn't see your post. Won't that prevent the mod from reading the resistance change for TC mode to work?

Negatory :) it has the forumulas in its memory to predict the temperature curve correctly based on room temperature resistance

Screenshot_20180225-172538.png

That's from Evolve's DNA 250 manual

VU Sponsors