Become a Patron!

Old Fart, new to Vaping and loving it.

sillyyak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys. 55 year old female living in Norfolk, England. Started smoking analogues when I was 15. Spent all my life quitting and re-starting. Started getting chest pains and headaches from Jan this year and my doctor and I started looking on methods of quitting. I started on a Kik 01 starter kit 13 days ago. Quit smoking tobacco after my first tug on the 01. After a couple of days I progressed to the vape 02 900ah Evod battery with a protank 2 air tank. Chest pains left 2 days ago and lowering my nicotine mg has lowered the headache frequencies. I always had a problem with e-cig analogue look alike because I couldn't get a decent draw or cloud, which I like.
Now I'm ready for the big toys. . Trouble is, I don't know where to start. With anticipated new EU laws coming to Europe in May 2016 I want to build something NOW that will hopefully last year's, (glass tanks, replaceable coils etc). I'm not scientific, hated maths and crap at fiddly mechanical things but willing to experiment with different things to get the ultimate vape kit. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome. We're all in the same boat here. Governments passing stupid laws for are safety. Anyways, I would look into getting at least two more mods one being a good quality mechanical. With out the electronics they can last forever and learning about battery safety and coil building you can have a very satisfying vape. As far as regulated devices that's something you will have to figure out. There's lots to choose from. Some good ,some crap. If you think you'll ever get into temp control I would look at a device that has the DNA 200 and look for a company that builds quality products using that chip. I don't own a DNA 200 device so I can't recommend a brand. If your vape needs are more simple you might consider a Provari. I own 3 of them one being the Radius. They are expensive but they have a great track record for their quality and customer service. Segelei is also a brand I trust. Any ways, good luck at finding what you need. Now is the time to make these decisions while we still can.

bloosman1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi, I'm a newbe too, that said, I would get a kit that is simple to use first. I have an ego c twist with a protank 2 (just like yours), I also got a eleaf istick 50w with a kanger nano tank. The istick 50w gives me the "cloud" that is pleasing, but, I do direct lung hits on it. The ego twist and protank 2 give more flavor, less clouds, and believe it or not, more intense nicotine (I use 16ml nic in the ego/protank- I use 6ml nic in the eleaf/nano) Even though you are not "good at the fiddly stuff", and bad at math, In the vaping world, it is necessary to have some of these skills. IE: Knowing how to clean your gear, change coils, charging batteries, what tanks work well with your "mod" (Mod= Battery box). There are quite a few "starter kits" that come with everything you need to start playing with the "big toys".
Congrats on quitting the analogues, and be prepared to learn, this is a good place to gain all of the knowledge you need, it's helped me a lot already,
Cheers,
---bloosman1---

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey sillyyak from 1 old fart to another my advice is if you are wanting to build something NOW you'll need to get good at math quick or least upload a good app for coil building.You will for sure need to get good at fiddling with mechanical stuff because that's what building is.

However there is another option.
Get a nice big variable wattage device 30watts is a must but I recommend at least 60watts that way you don't outgrow the mod too fast you should also get a sub-ohm tank and some spare coils too.
You will probably have to cut your current nicotine level in half as well so start ordering that soon.In the mean time just take it easy on the vaping and finish off your current supply of e-liquid.

Oh and 1 more thing Good luck

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi guys. 55 year old female living in Norfolk, England. Started smoking analogues when I was 15. Spent all my life quitting and re-starting. Started getting chest pains and headaches from Jan this year and my doctor and I started looking on methods of quitting. I started on a Kik 01 starter kit 13 days ago. Quit smoking tobacco after my first tug on the 01. After a couple of days I progressed to the vape 02 900ah Evod battery with a protank 2 air tank. Chest pains left 2 days ago and lowering my nicotine mg has lowered the headache frequencies. I always had a problem with e-cig analogue look alike because I couldn't get a decent draw or cloud, which I like.
Now I'm ready for the big toys. . Trouble is, I don't know where to start. With anticipated new EU laws coming to Europe in May 2016 I want to build something NOW that will hopefully last year's, (glass tanks, replaceable coils etc). I'm not scientific, hated maths and crap at fiddly mechanical things but willing to experiment with different things to get the ultimate vape kit. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
th

sillyyak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey sillyyak from 1 old fart to another my advice is if you are wanting to build something NOW you'll need to get good at math quick or least upload a good app for coil building.You will for sure need to get good at fiddling with mechanical stuff because that's what building is.

However there is another option.
Get a nice big variable wattage device 30watts is a must but I recommend at least 60watts that way you don't outgrow the mod too fast you should also get a sub-ohm tank and some spare coils too.
You will probably have to cut your current nicotine level in half as well so start ordering that soon.In the mean time just take it easy on the vaping and finish off your current supply of e-liquid.

Oh and 1 more thing Good luck
Lowering my nicotine intake is a must. I've already dropped from 24mg to 12mg and it still feels too much. I am off to my local vape supplier tomorrow to grab some spare coils and a 6mg liquid to see how I get on. The benefits of vaping over analogue is very apparent to me. After 13 days my fingers are no longer brown on my right hand from smoking roll ups. (cheaper than tailor made). Heart and lungs definitely improved, I'm walking faster without wheezing, I've gained no weight and I'm having fun.
A ready made box, coils and tank is the way for me. All I have to do is learn which is most suitable for a mtl cloud chaser that wants to throw jelly fish and tornadoes. I'm gleaning as much information as possible so I make a correct choice. Thanks for the advice.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I have to do is learn which is most suitable for a mtl cloud chaser that wants to throw jelly fish and tornadoes. I'm gleaning as much information as possible so I make a correct choice. Thanks for the advice.
If you want to do the tricks you mentioned you will need to start direct to lung inhaling I think.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And welcome from another old fart as well.

Let us know how best to help you upgrade your gear!

sillyyak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, Xmas is a comin' so I'm thinking about buying myself and partner a nice pressie. Lol. I'm googling and scanning this forum like a Maddie. Lol.
This is what I THINK I want.

Long battery life that can I charge from a wall socket, pref whilst still vaping.

Variable wattage mod box with 510 thread. (recommendations appreciated)

Big tank with airflow and easily replaceable coils.

Big lungfuls of vapour for the aaaah factor ex smokers crave.

Am I asking too much? I'm not going to impulse buy. I'm happy to keep gleaning information until I have an idea of what I'm looking for that's easy for someone unscientific/technophobe to use.

sillyyak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So far the eleaf istick 100w looks favourite but I've loads of time to be persuaded otherwise.

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU from another old fart!! You are in the right place for your quest, there is a wealth of information here and lots of great people to help.
Congrats on quitting the cigs and keep up the good work. :D

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Long battery life that can I charge from a wall socket, pref whilst still vaping.
Variable wattage mod box with 510 thread. (recommendations appreciated)
Big tank with airflow and easily replaceable coils.
Big lungfuls of vapour for the aaaah factor ex smokers crave.
Am I asking too much? I'm not going to impulse buy. I'm happy to keep gleaning information until I have an idea of what I'm looking for that's easy for someone unscientific/technophobe to use.
You can get all those things from a few mod+tank combos.
My suggestion on the presents is to pick up a MVP3 Pro Plus kit and either a eVic VTC Mini starter kit or a Kanger Subox Mini kit.

VU Sponsors