Become a Patron!
I know I know... I've a thousand smart vapers tell me yes what I'm experiencing is "Likely" a board issue, or wiring/contacts issue. I personally, 'THINK' this issue is loose wiring or soldering somewhere along / between the contacts for the batteries/cells , since the issue is the Mod not detecting battery cells, and not turning on, except for when randomly shaken, or parts loosened then tightened etc.

I know I could easily replace this mod for a decently cheap price, BUT I'd rather salvage the mod and use it a few more years if possible, til it's really really toast. It sometimes comes on sometimes doesn't. I've tried different cells in there so thats not the issue. I also went as far as cleaning the contacts at all 4 ends (2x 18650 cell slots) and loosened and tightened every screw on the mod, which brought it back to life for a couple more days but that was all.

I need someone with TOP knowledge on this subject, of for one IF my problem is even a problem that CAN be fixed, at all, period. Orrrr someone who can tell me that AND more, like hopefully and IDEALLY someone who could guide me through or to a page to guide me through the process (if there is one!) to fix this old mod at this point.

I haven't even opened up the mod to look at the electronics, because tbh I really wouldn't know a ton about what I'm looking at, and therefore don't wanna make things worse, or hurt myself in the process.

If you KNOW for a FACT that this mod cannot be fixed for less than $20 (I have tons of tools, including a soldering iron and solder, so not including tool prices) maybe there is a part that needs replacing on it I can get for $20 or less? Otherwise is this even worth fixing? I won it in an IG giveaway forever ago and I've loved this mod a ton and used it quite a bit, but it can still be purchased relatively cheap up until recently at least, it could when I last checked around 6 months ago be bought brand new for about $40USD approx.

Also, I'm new here to the community, but I'm on Instagram as either @Alex_is_IcY or @Spydercali_ , Spydercali_ being my 2nd account I created, which I created for my Knife/Blade/EDC Gear/ETC.... as a mainstay location for posting stuff about my knives and EDC gear alike, including pens, watches, and more. @Alex_is_IcY stayed my "Main" account but wasn't truly ever "main" again as it became deprived of my attention.
Long Story Short: Hit me up on @Spydercali_ for a faster response usually, but all my vaping content is usually posted on @Alex_is_IcY for me. Go add me if you haven't! I'll add and like back, like for like always with me when I can, follow for follow!

Anyways, glad to be a part of something vape online besides just being a patreon member of Mooch Batteries. Mooch is the man, and we all owe him so so much.

Sadly I live in Southern California and California I'm told was just hit with the flavor ban that's been plaguing Michigan and other states for longer than here. I was able to score an order that got through from AZ Swagg Sauce (My favorite E-Juice company to buy premade juices from) but I've been mixing my own flavors for over a solid year now! It just sucks to see them trying to ban even sales online to Californians of PG, VG and liquid nicotine as well as pre-mixed E-Juices, big brands like Mama San, and Vapetasia, and VaporFi E-Liquid etc etc. But now you want to even try to ban me from purchasing plain liquid Nicotine???? Or how about plain Liquid PG aka propelyne glycol which I personally have been buying and using as a liquid cooking base and additive for liquid homemade medications? (Almost every liquid medicine ever has PG in it! There are so many other uses for these things "YOU GOVERNMENT YOU" (You know who you are, as well as big tobacco!) you could never possibly tell me that you're banning a few substances / chemicals / liquids that are used every single day by millions of people besides just the Vaping community!?!? I've been there to vote down every single chance you've given us to stop you, I signed all sorts of online documents to help keep Ejuice alive, and the "Flavor Ban" away. Sadly It looks like even after writing my congress, writing my mayor, and writing the governor of California that we vapers are about to lose this battle, but guess what, there WILL BE a NEVER ENDING WAR!!!! Ban flavors? What's next ban fun?

This is getting to the point of being what I like to call "UN-American" and these bullshit new rules and laws are seriously just communism slowly reaching into America, telling us what we can and can't do with simple products like nicotine that have been used since the BIRTH of this Country, and MUCH MUCH LONGER!!!! Ridiculousness. Just because some idiot minors want to be stupid and break rules and then either die, almost die, or similar because they got their product off a blackmarket, or WORSE, the entire narrative has been re-written, because the girl in the hospital pictures with the ventilator, and the sign saying "Vaping did this to me" or whatever is so so wrong, that case was due to an UNDERAGE kid getting hold of THC (Marijuana's main active ingredient) Vape Cartridges, and the one she got hold of was made the wrong way, not held to FDA standards, or ANY standards for that matter, WHICH SEEMS TO ME TO BE MORE OF AN ISSUE! But then blaming it on wanting to try it more because they offer them with different flavors? (Yes even THC / Cannabis vape cartridges can contain either/or natural/man-made added called "turpines" which naturally exist in cannabis and add flavor natural flavors to different strains)

ANYWAYS!!! I digress.... I feel that first post went above and beyond haha. Hey everyone! Hope Ya'll are having a great day!

Don't forget about the main reason for this post: Help fixing my Snowwolf mod IF POSSIBLE myself, sending it to get fixed, or just buy a new one? Help me decide. Also please note I would love to learn more about how mods are put together so if I can fix this with a simple re-solder or similar please! Let me know!!!

Your's truly!!!

@Alex_is_IcY aka @Spydercali_ aka elementnature aka Alex!

Nice to meet you all and be a part of this (Awesome I'm assuming!) community!

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If it isn't working, then popping it open and looking for the problem isn't going to hurt anything. It it possible that it could be a bad solder joint, and easy to spot. If the batteries are removed, there is no real danger of hurting yourself besides simple things like poking or pinching a finger. If you cannot spot the problem, then maybe you could post some pics and see if any of us can spot something.

If it isn't working, then popping it open and looking for the problem isn't going to hurt anything. It it possible that it could be a bad solder joint, and easy to spot. If the batteries are removed, there is no real danger of hurting yourself besides simple things like poking or pinching a finger. If you cannot spot the problem, then maybe you could post some pics and see if any of us can spot something.
Thank you so much! I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Pics might be coming soon since I might not know what I'm looking at. But I know quite a bit about electricity, circuits, and other similar type things that might help me along at least. Plus finally a semi firm grasp on the big picture, full detail, Ohm's Law. I remember most of what I learned about parallel circuits vs. series circuit lines. I had to learn myself good on that when I got into the Noisy Cricket II back when it first dropped!
But I've never really been INSIDE a mod myself actually, so yeah I might more than likely need help, but I'll post pics and give it my best diagnosis even if nothing looks wrong from pics maybe I'll see something smaller idk. Either way, THANKS SO MUCH! Hope to talk soon!

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you so much! I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Pics might be coming soon since I might not know what I'm looking at. But I know quite a bit about electricity, circuits, and other similar type things that might help me along at least. Plus finally a semi firm grasp on the big picture, full detail, Ohm's Law. I remember most of what I learned about parallel circuits vs. series circuit lines. I had to learn myself good on that when I got into the Noisy Cricket II back when it first dropped!
But I've never really been INSIDE a mod myself actually, so yeah I might more than likely need help, but I'll post pics and give it my best diagnosis even if nothing looks wrong from pics maybe I'll see something smaller idk. Either way, THANKS SO MUCH! Hope to talk soon!
There is surprisingly little inside there. A 510 plate, some wires, a battery sled, and a circuit board. The ones I opened to diagnose all had pretty clear issues. Burns on a board or loose wiring. Biggest thing is to remember how it came apart, and not to pull anything with excessive force. It may not come all the way apart without desoldering something, but you can usually get them far enough apart to get a look inside and possibly see what the issue is.

VU Sponsors