Become a Patron!

old school intro

Rucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello everyone, I am so excited to find this site and learn more about vaping and mods. My start into vaping was my answer to quitting smoking after 25 years of 1-2 packs a day along with occasional snuff. Around 2010. I used the old plastic filters filled with wicking material, they were messy, inconsistent, and inefficient but it worked, I have not smoked cigs for 5 years now. Problem was I stopped vaping and kept using snuff for around 4 years. I eventually got tired of snuff as well and invested in an ego battery and a Kanger Tech Mini Protank 3. Wow was I amazed at how far the business and products had changed over 4 years and was equally amazed at the amount of vapor that was produced. Fast forward to Jan 2015, I have been able to stop using my three different inhalers except for really humid days and I am breathing better than I have in 20 years. Vaping has no doubt extended my life span, it is so great to be able to breath again!!.
I have now been able to completely free myself from tobacco now, yea!!!! I am presently using the old ego batteries with a Kanger Protank 3 with 1.5 ohm coils. I was using mt3 plastic tanks but all 5 have cracked, lesson learned, in the future it will be glass or stainless. I use Mt Baker Vapor as my main source of juice right now but not exclusively, I am always looking for great deals as I am disabled with no income so if it is cheap or on sale I am game if I have the cash. I am at a crossroads now though, both my ego batteries are getting tired and old, like me lol, and the first vv battery, X6, has apparently shorted out as it just stays lit all the time and when I put a tank on it it just flashes a few times and shits off. So the next obvious adventure, MODS. I have no experience with RDA's and Sub ohm tanks, eager to try a Kanger Sub ohm as soon as I can afford one, I am interested in to getting a vv vw box mod. I look forward to learning from this site and evolving my vapor hobby to a mod system. Happy vaping everyone!!!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Rucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks so much for the link RMarcusY, I am daily searching for new deals, I want to progress to mixing my own in the future. Our local vape shop has been selling 30ml for 20 dollars plus tax and while their quality is great I get the same quality for half the price from MBV. I will definitely check out Heartland next. Have an awesome Monday!

Rucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi Rucker! :)

they have some pretty nice pif boxes going on right now, might want to try and see if you can get in on one..
you can find it here

http://vapingunderground.com/forums/pay-it-forward-pif.403/

or make a pif post and see if anyone has gear to donate to you..
wish you the best!
Thanks Smoky Blue, I will check it out. There is so much info here I could read for days! lol I am grateful for the tips, I live in Ohio and Vapor is just starting to take off here so information locally is very scarce. Thanks again and have a great evening!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Smoky Blue, I will check it out. There is so much info here I could read for days! lol I am grateful for the tips, I live in Ohio and Vapor is just starting to take off here so information locally is very scarce. Thanks again and have a great evening!

You welcome! and yes I know how that is.. my state is way behind too..

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
And welcome from me as well!

If you are interested in saving money, you may be interested in RBA's where you can build you own coil and wick assemblies for next to nothing.

But get yourself a decent mod first.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Rucker! :)

they have some pretty nice pif boxes going on right now, might want to try and see if you can get in on one..
you can find it here

http://vapingunderground.com/forums/pay-it-forward-pif.403/

or make a pif post and see if anyone has gear to donate to you..
wish you the best!

+1 to this. @RZAwora is setting up a new one now. I'm part of one PIF box and it's been a great way to connect with other vapers and check out some gear I might not have been able to afford otherwise. Good luck on your vaping journey!

Rucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And welcome from me as well!

If you are interested in saving money, you may be interested in RBA's where you can build you own coil and wick assemblies for next to nothing.

But get yourself a decent mod first.
This is definitely in my future, tired of the inconsistency of some of the ego products, although I love my Kanger Protank 3.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Greetings and welcome

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When you're ready to mix your own juice the DIY section here at VU is unparalleled. I'd be lost without it! Welsome!

Rucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Th
When you're ready to mix your own juice the DIY section here at VU is unparalleled. I'd be lost without it! Welsome!
Thanks, I have learned so much already from this forum, proves old dogs can learn new tricks! lol I would like to move towards making my own, I am primarily a menthol lover as it helps with my COPD, makes me feel 20 years younger as I can breath!! Thanks for the welcome, I plan to be here for a long time, so much info in one place, I have not been sleeping much. I tried to get in on the show Saturday but could not log into chat for some reason, is there a separate registration for chat? Just curious, all my equipment is outdated and failing so winning a contest would be a Godsend. Just spent an hour on FB entering contests, got to get lucky eventually!!

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Th

Thanks, I have learned so much already from this forum, proves old dogs can learn new tricks! lol I would like to move towards making my own, I am primarily a menthol lover as it helps with my COPD, makes me feel 20 years younger as I can breath!! Thanks for the welcome, I plan to be here for a long time, so much info in one place, I have not been sleeping much. I tried to get in on the show Saturday but could not log into chat for some reason, is there a separate registration for chat? Just curious, all my equipment is outdated and failing so winning a contest would be a Godsend. Just spent an hour on FB entering contests, got to get lucky eventually!!
I've not been on VU Live but I have won some contests!

JamesD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad you are getting some relief from your COPD man good luck with it.

Rucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Glad you are getting some relief from your COPD man good luck with it.
Thanks James, it has done wonders, my doctor is so surprised when he checks me and I do not wheeze anymore and my family does not have to smell them stinky cigs anymore. Just found out I will have my taxes possibly by Friday so I am shopping for my new rig. Never have gone sub so thinking about the Kanger sub and the Kanger box, I have been very happy with my protank 3 mini and full size protank 3. Looking forward to cloud chasing for the first time! lol

JamesD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I have the Kanger box and it works great. I am one on the site who can attest to vaping alleviating health issues.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Rucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi IML8, welcome to the forum as I see you are a new member also. I have been losing a lot of sleep reading since joining, awesome site. thanks for the good news on the KBox, I have had some leakage issues with Kanger but I still like them so thought I would give them a shot with some power and a sub, excited!

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have to give the KBox a thumbs up as well. I've been using it for a few weeks and have recently paired it with the 7 ml Subtank Plus and, using the included RBA wicked with rayon, the results are outstanding. With the factory OC coils, it's very good as well, but it's a more flavorful vape with the RBA, IMHO. No leaking issues, so far.

Rucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Awesome! You know now I am getting pumped up and the taxes will not come in till next week! lol Suffering with my old MT3 until Friday when my Protank coils come in. I figured going with the plus would be a good way for a noob like me to learn to build, looking forward to it.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just in case you might be interested in this deal, first time customers can get 15% off using promo code: NEWMFS15

Rucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just in case you might be interested in this deal, first time customers can get 15% off using promo code: NEWMFS15
One stop shop with that deal, thanks!!! I had got their email earlier and had not a chance to look at it yet. Hopeful my taxes come through tomorrow.

Rucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One stop shop with that deal, thanks!!! I had got their email earlier and had not a chance to look at it yet. Hopeful my taxes come through tomorrow.
Getting ready to order now, thanks again IML8 for the info, heck of a deal, hope the shipping is quick!

Rucker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just in case you might be interested in this deal, first time customers can get 15% off using promo code: NEWMFS15[/
Thanks again IML8, got my shipment yesterday. While the charger is hardly useful and the tank seems to have some flash on the threads causing it it screw and unscrew hard in a couple places I am overjoyed with the vapor production. This was one of my complaints when I quit smoking years ago using the old school refillable filters, you got little to no vapor but you did get your nic fits satisfied. No problem now, blowing some serious fog banks!! The flavor is immense, I thought I loved MBV Maui Sunrise before, the flavor is so good now it is like drinking it. Off to shop for a respectable Nitecore charger, I have been charging a new battery with the charger given and after over 8 hours no full charge yet.

VU Sponsors