Become a Patron!

Only PG

RekleSage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would like to know about some quality juice brands that supply 100% PG juice options. I recently found out VG wasn't healthy.

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What information led you to think VG wasn't healthy? It may not suit some in high percentages, but I have not seen anything that concluded it was unhealthy. I use about 35-45% in my liquids and have had no issues over a number of years.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find that I prefer VG to PG and generally use a high concentration of it in my mixes - have you tried VG and found that it produces a negative reaction, or did someone just tell you not to use it? If the latter, who and why?

RekleSage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess I'll have to wait on getting my original question answered....I've done research on all of the chemicals and from online and other sources. Vegetable Glycerol produces free radicals in the bloodstream just as cigs do but on a lesser scale. Google free radicals for those of you who don't know what they are. I used to only smoke 100% and I loved it but i value my health so 100% PG is my new thing. That's why I'm asking about anyone that supplies 100% PG juices.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, your call on that. But for the sake of other members who may stumble across this post, it's not common knowledge, nor is it consensus opinion, that VG is "not healthy." If you've got any specific links you'd like to share I'd be happy to see them, but I'm not going to go on a search of teh googles to try to prove your point.

To answer your question, I believe Mt. Baker Vapor lets you choose your PG/VG levels - since most flavorings are suspended in PG, getting a 100% PG liquid shouldn't be a problem. There's also DIY if you're really interested in what goes into your liquid and want to control your risks yourself - not too expensive or difficult to jump into, and much, much cheaper in the long run...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Prepare to stay hydrated, and good luck on thin juice. I like high PG, but I know I couldn't tolerate it at 100%.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I'll have to wait on getting my original question answered....I've done research on all of the chemicals and from online and other sources. Vegetable Glycerol produces free radicals in the bloodstream just as cigs do but on a lesser scale. Google free radicals for those of you who don't know what they are. I used to only smoke 100% and I loved it but i value my health so 100% PG is my new thing. That's why I'm asking about anyone that supplies 100% PG juices.
Of the two PG is the more dangerous of the mixtures I will not go into detail but.. wherever you think you are reading this you are taking it out of context

RekleSage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@OBDABE
Of the two PG is the more dangerous of the mixtures I will not go into detail but.. wherever you think you are reading this you are taking it out of context
That statement holds no subtance..

RekleSage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Prepare to stay hydrated, and good luck on thin juice. I like high PG, but I know I couldn't tolerate it at 100%.
Yea i made the mistake of getting 100PG with 12mg nic....killed my throat waste of my $9 lol.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@OBDABE

That statement holds no subtance..
Huh? Not sure why I'm apparently being called out on that one...but I'm also on the side of @MrScaryZ in believing that VG poses a lesser risk than PG, which is why I prefer the max-VG ratios I use. Of course, I'm going to add that this is only my opinion, albeit one I've reached after considerable research that I'm too lazy to recap in detail here. To each their own - at least you're not smoking, which is something I did for almost as long as the OP has been alive...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea i made the mistake of getting 100PG with 12mg nic....killed my throat waste of my $9 lol.
If the 100PG is your problem (which it very well may be, though that seems to be at odds with your original post), you can get some VG and cut the liquid down...if it's the nic, you could also get some PG and cut the liquid with that.

RekleSage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Huh? Not sure why I'm apparently being called out on that one...but I'm also on the side of @MrScaryZ in believing that VG poses a lesser risk than PG, which is why I prefer the max-VG ratios I use. Of course, I'm going to add that this is only my opinion, albeit one I've reached after considerable research that I'm too lazy to recap in detail here. To each their own - at least you're not smoking, which is something I did for almost as long as the OP has been alive...
I agree 100% :D

RekleSage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I
Typo'd your name sorry. I'll continue to research more on the top because I have a lot of info on VG and its free radicals but not a lot on PG.

RekleSage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If the 100PG is your problem (which it very well may be, though that seems to be at odds with your original post), you can get some VG and cut the liquid down...if it's the nic, you could also get some PG and cut the liquid with that.
Yea next time I'll just use lower nic levels... Won't make that mistake again.

RekleSage

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To answer your question, I believe Mt. Baker Vapor lets you choose your PG/VG levels - since most flavorings are suspended in PG, getting a 100% PG liquid shouldn't be a problem. There's also DIY if you're really interested in what goes into your liquid and want to control your risks yourself - not too expensive or difficult to jump into, and much, much cheaper in the long run...
Thanks so much for your help. Much appreciated

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, keep in mind, it's still going to pack some throat hit. That's the nature of PG.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like Halo and ProVape e-liquid. They aren't 100% PG, though, just high PG. Not sure any vendor in the US sells pre-mixed all PG e-liquid...

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Both of those links led to the same study done on mice but we aren't mice.

http://www.plosone.org/annotation/listThread.action?root=85496

"Taken together our calculations suggest that animals in the discussed study were exposed to nicotine vapor at an intensity which corresponds to a daily exposure in humans on the order of 300-370 mg nicotine. With 1.6% nicotine concentration in e-liquid, to achieve such a dose of nicotine it would be necessary to utilize 18-23 mL e-liquid per day. Using the average value of e-liquid consumption per puff of 0.005mL (Farsalinos et al., 2013) the number of e-cig puffs per day can be calculated as 3600-4600."

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I just can not for the life of me find VG causes free radicals anywhere in the actual study.
Did I miss something?

Free radical measurements in E-cig vapor
Fig. 1, and total particulate matter was analyzed by electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR). Traditional cigarettes produce 2 classes of radicals during the smoking event—gas phase radicals and those associated with TPM. Gas phase radicals are typically very short lived and quench before reaching the lower respiratory tract; and thus their health effects are unclear. On the contrary, TPM-associated radicals are long lived and deposit in all areas reached by TPM. Thus TPM radicals were the focus of this experiment. The EPR spectra demonstrated a free radical concentration of 7x1011 spins/puff, with a g-value of 2.0035 and a linewidth (ΔHp-p) of 6.8 Gauss (Fig. 2A). Thus, E-cig vapor contains a substantial number of free radicals that could be potentially toxic to cells.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0116861

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You do realize I hope that Free Radicals are part of our ability to exist? when one says Free Radicals it has to be very very particular the misunderstanding of Free Radicals is Epic

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/04/25/m...rice-we-pay-for-breathing.html?pagewanted=all

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.researchgate.net/publica...ree_Radicals_in_Electronic_Cigarette_Aerosols

ABSTRACT

Electronic cigarette (EC) usage has increased exponentially, but limited data are available on its potential harmful effects. We tested for the presence of reactive, short-lived free radicals in EC aerosols by electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy (EPR) using the spin-trap phenyl-N-tert-butylnitrone (PBN). Radicals were detected in aerosols from all ECs and eliquids tested (2.5 Ă— 10(13) to 10.3 Ă— 10(13) radicals per puff at 3.3 V) and from eliquid solvents propylene glycol and glycerol and from "dry puffing". These results demonstrate, for the first time, the production of highly oxidizing free radicals from ECs which may present a potential toxicological risk to EC users.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, "dry puffing". Burnt liquid. That might explain the free radicals. I think all these researchers need to take a couple dry hits to find out nobody walks around taking dry hits so their results are screwed.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both of those links led to the same study done on mice but we aren't mice.

http://www.plosone.org/annotation/listThread.action?root=85496

"Taken together our calculations suggest that animals in the discussed study were exposed to nicotine vapor at an intensity which corresponds to a daily exposure in humans on the order of 300-370 mg nicotine. With 1.6% nicotine concentration in e-liquid, to achieve such a dose of nicotine it would be necessary to utilize 18-23 mL e-liquid per day. Using the average value of e-liquid consumption per puff of 0.005mL (Farsalinos et al., 2013) the number of e-cig puffs per day can be calculated as 3600-4600."
So, at a minimum, that's 18 ml of 16 mg liquid...considering anyone that vapes more than 3-4 ml is doing so at a maximum of 6 mg (and that's pretty extreme, though there may well be a couple exceptions to this rule), they'd need to vape a minimum 40 ml of liquid a day - 80 ml if they're vaping 3 mg liquid like I am. I vape a lot and don't roast that much juice in a week!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I trust absolutely 0 of what anything a Bllomturd org is a part of.
Slanted sex panther testing at it's worst.
Like taking life lessons on how not to a murdering corrupt asshole from Hillary.

As far as immune suppression I am going with first hand with a cancer patient with a suppressed immune system. No harm done on that front.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So, at a minimum, that's 18 ml of 16 mg liquid...considering anyone that vapes more than 3-4 ml is doing so at a maximum of 6 mg (and that's pretty extreme, though there may well be a couple exceptions to this rule), they'd need to vape a minimum 40 ml of liquid a day - 80 ml if they're vaping 3 mg liquid like I am. I vape a lot and don't roast that much juice in a week!

Exactly my point.
They were overdosing the mice with eliquid because mice metabolize nicotine differently than humans.
You have to take a study with mice with a grain of salt because we are not mice;)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Exactly my point.
They were overdosing the mice with eliquid because mice metabolize nicotine differently than humans.
You have to take a study with mice with a grain of salt because we are not mice;)
Holy shit, not only that but VG is severally toxic to several species of animals... fuck me they did not do a lab test on those mice they fucking tortured them the fuck to death.

So basis on vg aversion is a anti human shitball who could give two slimy shits if you live or die but deems himself above you in every way.. typical antz, doing shady antz shit. Ban sodas, allow tobacco but tax the living shit out of it, allow non medical people and scientists to deem fucking carpet glue is safe to smoke that the possibility of burning to death.
And yes PG is far more dangerous compared to VG in the sense of toxic.

When bloomturd or his foundations speak listen, do not believe it at all... it is not for the greater good but the greater fuck you and padding their own pockets from your tax dollars.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Aspirin would not be approved by today's FDA. And it's just been recently released, that the holy grail of health nuts everywhere, anti-oxidants, actually FEED cancer cells once they form.

To the OP, we're all going to die. Some of us a lot happier than others. Always parse the information you read. Because OVER 1 billion people agree, pork IS bad for you.

That's all I've got.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of the reaction posts of the two I have read, are directly associated with pg, I trust that and my own coughing reactions to it and vape a 70/30 mix with no problem at all, Blinks at this thread and shakes head.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy shit, not only that but VG is severally toxic to several species of animals... fuck me they did not do a lab test on those mice they fucking tortured them the fuck to death.

So basis on vg aversion is a anti human shitball who could give two slimy shits if you live or die but deems himself above you in every way.. typical antz, doing shady antz shit. Ban sodas, allow tobacco but tax the living shit out of it, allow non medical people and scientists to deem fucking carpet glue is safe to smoke that the possibility of burning to death.
And yes PG is far more dangerous compared to VG in the sense of toxic.

When bloomturd or his foundations speak listen, do not believe it at all... it is not for the greater good but the greater fuck you and padding their own pockets from your tax dollars.
Look up what it does to cats

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Aspirin would not be approved by today's FDA. And it's just been recently released, that the holy grail of health nuts everywhere, anti-oxidants, actually FEED cancer cells once they form.

To the OP, we're all going to die. Some of us a lot happier than others. Always parse the information you read. Because OVER 1 billion people agree, pork IS bad for you.

That's all I've got.
Please link the anti oxidants info.
I will tell you this sugar feeds cancer tumors.

VU Sponsors