Become a Patron!

Opinion: Shadowverse Is Hard to Keep up With, but Is Better Because of It

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Games like Hearthstone and Shadowverse rarely stand still, with new sets of cards added regularly, giving players new puzzles to solve, new strategies to master and new knowledge to acquire. The upside for engaged players is huge – there is actually no end to how much time you can spend engaging with a game and its community. The downside, of course, is the barrier to entry and learning curve that this presents – not just for new players, but for lapsed players too. And I’m not just talking about having a viable card collection, but understanding the meta – the popular decks, the match-ups and how you’re going to tackle it.

Coming back to Shadowverse after a few months off has definitely illustrated this for me. I’ve played the game since it launched just over two years ago, so I have a very good grounding in the core mechanics, but Shadowverse’s pace of change is high enough that it was still like diving into unknown waters when I came back, focused and ready to play. Thankfully, I think it’s worth it.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors