nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've been working on this recipe for a couple of days, but all my flavors aren't here yet so I can't mix it.

It's nagging at me.

Wanted to see if any of the experienced noggins around here have any suggestions, before I screw up the lovely idea I have in my head for this juice. So without further ado, Hot Fudge Sundae:

Cherry (One Drop Flavors) 0.5%
Double Chocolate (Clear) (TPA) 1.75%
Pecan (TPA) 1%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 4%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP) 1.25%
White Chocolate (VW) 1.5%

Total flavors 10%, will be making it 50/50, 12 mg nic.

Thanks for suggestions.

Jane

ETA: I have some maple pre-mixed juice here that I might add to this also, maybe 1/2 to 1 ml in a mix of 12, which is all I'll do as a tester.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have approximated this mix with pre-mixed flavors I have at home, and made the following adjustments, based on the flavor profile I have in my mind. I want the cherry to be more prominent, and I want a hint of coolness to the mix. There was too much chocolate and maple in the previous mix, made the juice too heavy overall.

Revised Hot Fudge Sundae

Cherry (One Drop Flavors) 1.5%
Double Chocolate (Clear) (TPA) 1.5%
Pecan (TPA) 0.5%
Maple (Pre-mixed) 1% (when mixing, will make this 2% since it is not a concentrate - but it is a strongly-flavored juice)
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 3.5%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP) 2%
Peppermint (TPA) 0.5%
Sweetener (VW) .15%

Still totals to somewhere between 9.5 and 10% total flavoring. I am not going to dissect the maple juice but so much. Eventually the recipe will use a maple concentrate, and the percentage will be reduced accordingly, somewhere in the 0.3% neighborhood.

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It seems to me you are thinking about a real sundae and choosing the various flavors of one to make a juice. Sometimes things like that work...sometimes not. For instance, as opposed to tasting ice cream with chocolate syrup on top, your DIY chocolate & ice cream flavors will likely be tasting more like chocolate ice cream.

When I think about making a DYI juice based on say a "real food" combination, I think how the items contained in the "real food" would taste after I combined them all in a blender. In your recipe, I don't think I would be able to separate the VBIC from the whipped cream flavor. I'm not saying the recipe you have won't be wonderful, but it does seem like one that might be too busy.

I have not tried any one Drop flavors, but if I wanted a more authentic (to me) cherry for a sundae I would choose the (Very Strong) TPA Maraschino Cherry. If I wanted cooling, I would grab some WS-23

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
There's so much to learn, and I appreciate your feedback! Thanks!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It seems to me you are thinking about a real sundae and choosing the various flavors of one to make a juice. Sometimes things like that work...sometimes not. For instance, as opposed to tasting ice cream with chocolate syrup on top, your DIY chocolate & ice cream flavors will likely be tasting more like chocolate ice cream.

When I think about making a DYI juice based on say a "real food" combination, I think how the items contained in the "real food" would taste after I combined them all in a blender. In your recipe, I don't think I would be able to separate the VBIC from the whipped cream flavor. I'm not saying the recipe you have won't be wonderful, but it does seem like one that might be too busy.

I have not tried any one Drop flavors, but if I wanted a more authentic (to me) cherry for a sundae I would choose the (Very Strong) TPA Maraschino Cherry. If I wanted cooling, I would grab some WS-23

Just my 2 cents

This is exactly right, I now realize. I think what I am visualizing is perhaps achievable if I start with the cherry and work "backward" from there.

It may only be cherry, vanilla, and chocolate, so in essence, cherry chocolate, and perhaps even accented with a bit of citrus to brighten it.

Will work on it. Thank you. This is very helpful, and I appreciate you taking the time to really explain. :D

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You and I may be the only people in here that have TFA Pecan. When I was new to DIY, I used it and destroyed stuff lol. I think I used it way too high.

I put together a Turtles recipe (aiming for the taste of Turtles candies). May get around to actually mixing that one of these days. Now that you've told me it's heavy, I've revised my recipe. Thank you. :D

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You and I may be the only people in here that have TFA Pecan. When I was new to DIY, I used it and destroyed stuff lol. I think I used it way too high.

I have that one too although I've yet to crack the seal on it. I had visions of making a Sweet Potato Cassrole type vape with it but the RF Sweet Potato flavor I purchased for that end was/is far too delicate unfortunately.

Out of curiousity, what percentage did you use it at?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have that one too although I've yet to crack the seal on it. I had visions of making a Sweet Potato Cassrole type vape with it but the RF Sweet Potato flavor I purchased for that end was/is far too delicate unfortunately.

3 or 4% I think. It was a catastrophe. Strait chemical flavor, eye-opening not in a good way lol.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Just a thought, but you might be able to rescue that Sweet Potato Casserole if you add some orange to it. (I'm making a reputation for myself, putting cherry and/or orange in everything.) Seriously, though, one of the best sweet potato casseroles I ever made at the holidays was one that called for a fairly substantial dose of orange extract. Coconut would work well, too, even in combination with orange.

It's a great idea, sounds like something I'd like. Autumn spices are right up my alley.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
3 or 4% I think. It was a catastrophe. Strait chemical flavor, eye-opening not in a good way lol.

Ah, so one of TFA's stronger flavors then ... definitely good to know, Thank You!

I made the mistake ONCE of trying TFA Caramel Cappuccino at 5%, not a good experience, lol. :blech:

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just a thought, but you might be able to rescue that Sweet Potato Casserole if you add some orange to it. (I'm making a reputation for myself, putting cherry and/or orange in everything.) Seriously, though, one of the best sweet potato casseroles I ever made at the holidays was one that called for a fairly substantial dose of orange extract. Coconut would work well, too, even in combination with orange.

It's a great idea, sounds like something I'd like. Autumn spices are right up my alley.

Hmm, that sounds like a good combination to me, the orange anyway, not so sure cherry would be a good fit here, lol.

I'll have to give that a try, Thank You!

VU Sponsors