Become a Patron!

Orange Coast College student gets 2nd-degree burns after e-cigarette batteries ignite in pocket

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/batteries-709292-coates-fire.html

This articles title is terribly misleading because there IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ECIGARETTE BATTERY.

This asshole was riding a fucking skateboard with an aluminum mod and TWO LIVE BARE 18650'S in his pocket.

When I rode a skateboard I would empty my pockets FIRST - 5150

Here is some highlights from this months Darwin award contestant:

"Coates said the man was skateboarding on campus when he noticed his leg was suddenly on fire. Another student went over to him and doused the flames, but the 18-year-old’s upper leg and groin area had already gotten first- and second-degree burns. He was taken to the burn unit at UCI Medical Center in Orange.

Firefighters said the victim was carrying two “significant sized” spare batteries in his pocket along with the smoking device.

Investigators still aren’t sure what came into contact with the batteries to spark the flames but Coates said it could have been any type of metal, including coins, keys or the device itself.

“In my experience, these e-cigs are fairly safe but these batteries out of their element can be a cause for concern,” he said.

The e-cigarette the student had was made from aluminum, which could have started the fire, especially if it was moving around while he was skateboarding, Coates said."

With all the "exploding ecig" stories in the media it takes a certain kind of stupid to be this stupid - 5150

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No words for stupid....

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good. I hope the dumb bastard can't use his little dick ever again. Especially to reproduce.

VU Sponsors