Become a Patron!

Orange is the New Black: Season 3 Review

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Heads up, inmates. Even though this is a review of Orange is the New Black's third season in its entirety, it won't go into deep spoilers. I will do my best not to ruin twists and turns for you guys while putting forth my feelings regarding this new batch of 13 episodes. For my spoilery thoughts on some of the specifics of the season, head over to this discussion here.

There's bittersweet irony behind the Emmys announcing their new criteria for what can be nominated as/considered a "comedy" (nothing that runs over 30 minutes) the same year Orange is the New Black delivered unto us its lightest, funniest season to date. Not that pathos wasn't present, there was just less of it. There were dark turns in Season 3, assuredly, but nothing to match Season 2's seasonal villainess Vee and the cruel beatings she wrought. In fact, most of the shocks this year came right at the beginning of the season and then later in the season finale - leaving the most of the middle for fun and enjoyable ensemble euphoria.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors