Become a Patron!

Organic USP VG safe? palm, mustard, coconut -based? Best new nicotine?

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
I haven't mixed in a while, I usually do flavorless %100 VG %100 VG base nicotine.

I tried nic salts from a bunch of 'better' brands and I do MUCH prefer vape as smooth as possible without having to use almost no nic, but also salts could be adding a chemical or something and I much prefer to keep the vape as clean as possible. I wasn't too crazy about the salts though anyway, they might have been a bit smoother but might have had a funny taste.

Is there something newer than salts or anything?

Also, Organic VG isn't mainstream yet?
I only could find a few on ebay/amazon. Not sure if they're even really organic, no websites likely. SkyOrganics' seems legit but only a tiny bottle and overpriced.
I don't care if the final product of a non-organic is as clean or the same composition as an organic, I just prefer there to be less chemicals used in growing the actual source.

Also, palm, coconut, corn, etc, if I can't get organic USP, what base should I get?
And %100 VG nic base, salt or not, where should I buy?

thanks

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I haven't mixed in a while, I usually do flavorless %100 VG %100 VG base nicotine.

I tried nic salts from a bunch of 'better' brands and I do MUCH prefer vape as smooth as possible without having to use almost no nic, but also salts could be adding a chemical or something and I much prefer to keep the vape as clean as possible. I wasn't too crazy about the salts though anyway, they might have been a bit smoother but might have had a funny taste.

Is there something newer than salts or anything?

Also, Organic VG isn't mainstream yet?
I only could find a few on ebay/amazon. Not sure if they're even really organic, no websites likely. SkyOrganics' seems legit but only a tiny bottle and overpriced.
I don't care if the final product of a non-organic is as clean or the same composition as an organic, I just prefer there to be less chemicals used in growing the actual source.

Also, palm, coconut, corn, etc, if I can't get organic USP, what base should I get?

thanks
I have not used salts but a couple of people I used to know that did said it altered the taste of their mixes over standard nic. Maybe that taste you mention is right, they probably didnt notice it tasted different itself alone as they mixed it with flavours. But that might explain why they said it altered the taste.
I have not heard of anything else myself new in nic.
I get good non palm oil vg here in Australia, well last I looked it was anyway. But you could just ask via an email to suppliers what type it is they sell in regards to what you are after. Good suppliers will always reply, no reply then you can just about bet they have the one you dont want ;)
Cheers.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
guess I'll just use the regular non-organic VG for now.
Iv used both and never noticed any difference. I'll always go for the best I can get like organic non palm etc but wouldnt go without if I couldn't get it and needed it. They will be exactly the same its just the source that will be different. Even then, with how things are now these days you try to do the right thing then find out it was a con and you got the one you tried to conscientiously avoid.
Sad but true these days. I know now after findings etc, that 1/3 easy of charities I've given to over the years went into the pockets of the organisers for holidays and luxuries and not to the needy. That doesn't stop me from giving and it doesn't stop me from conscientiously trying to buy products that are ethical, even though I know 1/3 aren't.
Cheers.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

You answer yourself.

I wasn't too crazy about the salts though anyway, they might have been a bit smoother but might have had a funny taste.

If you "wasn't too crazy" about nicotine salt, why would you then want to use it?

I get my up to this last order max VG base juice from Heartland Vapes. This last order I changed up and got some 50/50 mixed base, that's half PG, half VG. Not sure but believe they use organic palm for their VG here.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You answer yourself.

If you "wasn't too crazy" about nicotine salt, why would you then want to use it?

I get my up to this last order max VG base juice from Heartland Vapes. This last order I changed up and got some 50/50 mixed base, that's half PG, half VG. Not sure but believe they use organic palm for their VG here.
I just checked and saw the suppliers I use no longer list as palm free organic. They used to have a blurb on their pages about their VG being Palm free in support of good and aginst bad farming practices that goes along with farming for vg production and its subsequent land destruction.
Guess they caved in to the lack of that particular product and higher demand for VG in general as they no longer have that info on its origins, just listed as Pharma grade.
I once heard too a couple of years back that its use involved in livestock feed had increased as well. How its used for that im not sure. Nor wether the company that told me that just used it as en excuse for their high price jump either! ;)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just checked and saw the suppliers I use no longer list as palm free organic. They used to have a blurb on their pages about their VG being Palm free in support of good and aginst bad farming practices that goes along with farming for vg production and its subsequent land destruction.
Guess they caved in to the lack of that particular product and higher demand for VG in general as they no longer have that info on its origins, just listed as Pharma grade.
I once heard too a couple of years back that its use involved in livestock feed had increased as well. How its used for that im not sure. Nor wether the company that told me that just used it as en excuse for their high price jump either! ;)

Sugar beet VG is useful to fatten hogs. Though that's usually fed by giving them the greens. It's similar to how corn stalk, husks are used to fatten cattle. Biomass of any kind like that is considered a good low cost "filler". Soy bean and alfalfa are also fillers used.

All of these I listed can produce vegetable glycerin. I could see a retreat from palm for vg due to intensive farming practices being prudent. Though biomass can also be converted over to fuel as well as just fed to stock meat product. I think soon even here in the U.S., we'll need to start realizing the benefit of eating insects for a protein source, and reduce factory farming of meat product.

Then again, I usually don't know too much about such things. Least so I'm told. IIRC though, something like 2/3 of the planet already eats insects for protein, with the U.S. being the last bastion of not. American culture seems to think such is dirty, or backwards. Go live out in the wilds for a week without though. You learn grubs, earthworms, grasshoppers, locusts, ants are all yummy once you realize they help you live.

Besides the USDA allows so much foodstuffs to have insect in it anyway. People here eat it but never realize it. So what difference to choose it knowingly, than get fed say 10% insect in your beef without knowing? Because you need to think about it then? Please. It's mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter.

VU Sponsors