Become a Patron!

OXVA XLIM C - an XLIM with replaceable coils

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

One thing you can’t accuse vape manufacturers of doing, is not providing enough variations of pod systems in line with every possible permutation of features and specifications.

With that in mind, I have the XLIM C from OXVA – the main difference between this and previous XLIM models are the replaceable coils, rather than replaceable pods.

Product overview

The XLIM C is a 900mAh, 2ml pod system, with adjustable airflow, three power settings, type-C 5V/2A charging, compatible with 0.6, 0.8 and 1.2ohm coils.

DSC02230.jpg

What do you get?

• XLIM C device
  • 2ml pod
  • 1×0.6ohm coil
  • 1×0.8ohm coil
  • type-C USB cable
  • lanyard
First impressions

Aesthetically, it’s very similar to the regular XLIM V2 Pod with the same sliding airflow adjustment, fire button and USB placement.

The only noticeable differences are the lack of an LCD screen and a slight height increase.

Pod

Firstly, one thing that disappointed me was that these pods are not compatible with the other XLIM products, it would have been so nice if they fitted into XLIM V2/SQ and vice versa. But they don’t.

But on to the actual pod – it’s a 2ml side-fill pod with a comfortable mouth piece. The rubber tab is easily removed for filling and the coils are push fit – the coils do need to be aligned correctly to fit, with one flat edge making it easy.

DSC02234.jpg

Functions

As a single button device, the fire button does everything – five clicks on/off, four clicks locks the fire button, three clicks cycles through the three power settings. The fire button is back lit with a three color LED that shows power levels, battery level and the usual warnings.

The three power settings are as follows:

• Low/Red – 0.6ohm 18w, 0.8ohm 13w, 1.2ohm 8w
  • Medium/Blue – 0.6ohm 20w, 0.8ohm 15w, 1.2ohm 10w
  • High/Green – 0.6ohm 22w, 0.8ohm 17w, 1.2ohm 12w
How does it perform?

There aren’t any significant differences between the performance of the XLIM C’s removable coils and the pods that I tested with the XLIM SQ and XLIM V2 Pod. I’m assuming they are exactly the same coils just in removable and non-removable forms.

The combination is three step power adjustment and fully adjustable airflow is all you need to get the best out of these coils. I sometimes find that OXVA’s coils work well at the lower end of the recommended power ratings, so being able to keep them at the low setting while fine tuning with the airflow is a useful ability.

As in previous reviews, I really like this range of OXVA’s coils, they are quite flexible when it comes to power and airflow settings (especially the 0.8ohm coil) and have excellent flavor, with secondary flavors coming through quite clearly.

DSC02239.jpg

Airflow

The airflow control is identical to that on the XLIM SQ and XLIM V2 Pod. Fully closed is a very tight MTL draw and fully open is a loose MTL draw, but not something I’d consider comfortable for restricted DL.

Airflow adjustment is something that OXVA have got spot on, it’s very easy to adjust and as long as MTL is your thing, there will be a setting to suit you.

Cost

While the XLIM C is at a similar price point to other XLIM versions, the coils are about 40% cheaper than the equivalent pods.

Conclusion

Nothing hugely different from other XLIM products, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

If you like the XLIM range and you want to save money or be more ecologically responsible by using replaceable coils, this is the one to go for.

Disclaimer

The XLIM C was sent by OXVA for the purposes of this review

DSC02244.jpg

VU Sponsors