Become a Patron!

Paint Peeling on a Wotofo Troll RDA

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a used Troll RDA. I liked the white finish, but after awhile I noticed the paint was peeling. It took me awhile, but I scraped all the paint off (after soaking in Denatured Alcohol) to reveal a solid Stainless Steel body.
Has anyone else had a painted RDA that peeled?
From now on, I will only buy Stainless Steel...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Me, I rather like the look of SS.

As far as painted topper go, my feeling is at some point they are all going to start peeling due to heat?

But you can paint it again if you like. Just get some kind of high temp paint in a color you like and go to town with that spray can!

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a panzer black hawk which didn't stay black for long but to be fair the ss underneath looked better should have just bought it ss.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have two SS, and one White Mutation X. The white is peeling in a few spots. Kinda bummed, since I like the look, but oh well, at least it's only the exterior. Would be worried about it if it were interior.

My black, bronze, and copper kayfuns haven't peeled at all, though. I do want a Blue atty, but I might stick to plain metals from now on.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have two SS, and one White Mutation X. The white is peeling in a few spots. Kinda bummed, since I like the look, but oh well, at least it's only the exterior. Would be worried about it if it were interior.

My black, bronze, and copper kayfuns haven't peeled at all, though. I do want a Blue atty, but I might stick to plain metals from now on.
You can try torching your SS RDA to turn it blue.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You can try torching your SS RDA to turn it blue.
Thanks man! I hadn't even thought of that. I have 2 in SS, or could wait and hit the White one once it gets worse. I dig the light blue attys, I just know the same thing will happen. Torching is a good idea.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks man! I hadn't even thought of that. I have 2 in SS, or could wait and hit the White one once it gets worse. I dig the light blue attys, I just know the same thing will happen. Torching is a good idea.
Better than color coating. Who knows what might be in those colors.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Agreed, that's why I'm glad it's SS on the inside. I'd have buffed any out on the inside, I'm not into huffing paint.

Hi all.
Yup, my black Mutation X v4 and Subtank Mini are starting to peel too. Not too worried about the Mutation, but the Subtank is a bit concerning, considering that the insides are also painted. So far it's just the airflow area, but who knows? Any suggestion on how to peel the paint off? Will isoprophyl alcohol have the same effect as denatured alcohol? Thanks!

NIMBUS MAXIMUS

Member For 4 Years
My white Troll was peeling and chipping, too. Stripped it down to all stainless by soaking it in Carb cleaner. I stripped my white A-mod SMPL with alcohol. I didn't know if the carb cleaner would affect the copper.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was mad when I saw the paint on the inside of my brand new troll. Of all the dumb things. It's like these manufacturers do understand how their devices are used, but don't quite get the idea. All of these Chinese companies are like that. They can design some amazing stuff, but there's always one thing about it that almost makes you think someone who didn't know what they were doing came up with it.

I went the elbow-grease way and took some 100-grain sandpaper to it. I finished it with 320. Wide, circular motions create a nice effect. A few broad swipes here and there give it nice, tattered look. The left over white in the airflow holes is neat. I kinda like the brushed look with a smooth feel. I've also noticed that the bare steel is actually easier to keep clean. Painted atties get messy and gross too easily.

I'd really like to see more atties electroplated instead of painted. Holds up much better and just looks a lot nicer imo. Shiny, black steel is gorgeous and lasts forever.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the type of paint those pricks used to paint the inside, I just peel the paint off of an authentic and im pissed cuzz that means I been inhaling that shit

VapeForHealth88

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've always been a little paranoid about vaping colored tanks, so I stick with SS. Not saying every manufacturer is using sketchy, potentially harmful paint but I like to play it safe.

VU Sponsors