Become a Patron!

PatheticMR's Apple Sour Surprise

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I made this after reading a post the other day asking about sour, candy style recipes.

This is extremely sour. If you like sour then you should love it, if you don't then you won't! It has a candy fruit taste and is 'in your face' sour.

Hope you enjoy :)

PatheticMR's Apple Sour Surprise

Apple Fuji (FA): 3%
Grape (Flavorah): 2%
Kiwi (FA): 1%
Lemon Sicily (FA): 2%
Lemonade (Flavorah): 4%
Lime (Flavorah): 0.5%
Raspberry (INW): 0.5%

I've said a few times, but I really like Flavorah atm. If you like candy style recipes, give them a go! :)

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This sounds great and I just put in order for some Flavorah flavors but the grape wasn't in it dang it.

FA has a couple of grape flavours and I think they should work. I've not got any at the moment. Please do let me know how it turns out :)

4cowgirl2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have concord grape from FA I will probable try it as soon as the rest of my flavors arrive. Thank you for the share and I will let you know how it works when can

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have concord grape from FA I will probable try it as soon as the rest of my flavors arrive. Thank you for the share and I will let you know how it works when can
Grape concord should work fine. I'd start at 1% with it and add more if needed. Grape is more of a supporting flavour in here :)

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you're gonna use the FA grape concord, start at mega-low percentages and work up. The slightest bit too much and you end up with perfume. :blech::blech::blech:
That FA Concord Grape is horrid ! They should change the name to Concorde Jet Fuel :giggle:. I tried .25% all the way up to 3%, and just got worse.:blech::blech::blech::blech:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Teresa P what % of concord grape would you suggest?
Honestly I would try it without first. FA grape can be good, but needs major sweetening. The Fuji should help FA grape some. If I were to try it I think I'd try .5%. If that's not good I'd do w/o grape.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In all honesty, if I had to use it I'd start as low as .05% and go up from there. It's really a hard flavor to work with, I would try to replace it with something else because it's so frustrating. I've yet to use it in anything and get the right flavor out of it, it's either nonexistent or it turns into cheap cologne. Nasty to me.

4cowgirl2

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you for all the advise I thought it was just me that I couldn't get any of the grape recipes I have tried to work out

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for all the advise I thought it was just me that I couldn't get any of the grape recipes I have tried to work out
No, darlin', you will find that there are unfortunately a few flavors out there that are just not worth the trouble, I don't care how big the name is. ;)

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've not used FA Grape Concord for a while but it should work here. As others have said, maybe try 0.5%. From what I remember of it, it should work okay in here at low %.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Just like FA Blackberry, mix 9 ml PG and 1 ml flavor to dilute the flavor for easier mixing.

VU Sponsors