Become a Patron!

Paypal Suspending Chinese/UK/AU Vape Retailers

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
3AVape just posted they are accepting PayPal?

Yes, it''s a marketing campaign to say 'Hey, we still have working paypal, buy from us and hurry up!" lol

Good way to capitalize off the paypal scare. They sent out an email too.

‼️Attention: News of Paypal Payment‼️

Dear customers,
Paypal has started to check the transactions of vaping devices, and the Paypal office has stopped some Paypal accounts of vaping companies. Our Paypal account has not been checked by it yet, but maybe in the future, it will come, please order as soon as possible before then. We are looking for a payment method to replace Paypal, which will be available soon, and currently supports other payment methods excepted for Paypal.

SOFORT Banking - Europe
Giropay - Germany
iDEAL - Netherlands
EPS Online-Überweisung - Austria
Bancontact - Belgium
Multibanco - Portugal
Przelewy24 - Poland
European Bank Transfer - Europe
POLi bank transfer - Australia
QIWI - CIS, mostly Russia
Yandex.Money - CIS, mostly Russia
WebMoney - CIS, mostly Russia

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As long as they accept other forms of payment I don't care. I lost confidence in PayPal a long time ago.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As long as they accept other forms of payment I don't care. I lost confidence in PayPal a long time ago.

Staying away from cryptocurrencies, and credit cards, what aside from PayPal do you use? Will it continue to be viable when the regulations go fully into place? And this is a question for anyone generally as much as for @SteveS45.

I simply don't want the hassle of trying to learn cryptocurrencies. What I've gathered so far is it seems you need huge server farms to do the mining aspects. If I had that kind of actual money, I'd damn sure not be using cryptocurrencies.

Credit cards? To me usury is a great sin. For those not aware usury is what is called interest. I'm no good with credit cards because they tend to jack up monthly minimums. Then, get fussy if you can only pay the initial minimum in good faith.

Yes, I understand that's how they make their money. I don't need to agree to using their services, so don't. I also avoid loan sharks for much the same reasoning.

Disclaimer: Contents of my posts may settle in transmission.

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For those of us in the USA, there are no other payment options for 99% of these sites. Very few are putting direct credit card payment options in place and the few that have, well, the systems they are using are shady AF.

Any 3rd party payment processing they do have is exclusively for EU, UK, and AU as those companies don't transact with US banks.

And very few seem to be putting Bitcoin options in place. In fact, the few I have seen offering bitcoin as an option already had that option in place years ago.

That's the whole point of bellyaching over the paypal suspensions for China retailers. Otherwise I would not care either.

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Credit cards? To me usury is a great sin. For those not aware usury is what is called interest. I'm no good with credit cards because they tend to jack up monthly minimums. Then, get fussy if you can only pay the initial minimum in good faith.

I agree. They require restraint. I only use them if I know I can pay them off in full the following billing cycle that way I am not playing into the usury system they are built on. They are a convenient tool if you have restraint. Otherwise they are a terrible curse.

But I won't use a credit card on an international site, let alone a debit card tied to a bank account. Data theft on international credit/debit card transactions is far higher than domestic transactions (especially Chinese sites).

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cremedevape finally got direct credit card option in place I see. So that's good for folks who buy from them. About a month ago the only option available to USA buyers was bank transfer.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Signed up with Paypal in in 2002. Never a problem. Though I have read MANY nightmare stories.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I simply don't want the hassle of trying to learn cryptocurrencies. What I've gathered so far is it seems you need huge server farms to do the mining aspects. If I had that kind of actual money, I'd damn sure not be using cryptocurrencies.

Oh no. You don't have to mine for crytocurrency in order to get it. The average person just buys it, just like you buy a foreign currency, except you don't go to a bank, you buy from exchanges or from others who have it. If I had bitcoin you could buy it from me, for instance.

In fact most of the time it's not to worth even trying to mine because the resources spent are greater than than the ROI (takes equipment investment and electricity to mine for crypto).

Very much like gold and silver. You can mine for it or you can just buy it at the market rate.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So far as I can think, the only major Chinese vape retailers that have yet to be suspended from paypal are:

HealthCabin,
Cloumix,
3F,
Ave40,
3A,
Elegomall

I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Well except for Vapeyaya and LegendGadget but they don't seem to be in business anymore. I placed orders with both in the last year or so and they never shipped and never respondd to email. Waited 2 months each then I had to do paypal disputes to get my money back. They never even responded to the disputes so refund was fast and easy lol.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm surprised 3fvape has not already got hit, as they have 'vape' in their name.

Am gutted to see sourcemore now, has been my favorite store for about year, have some really good deals.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm surprised 3fvape has not already got hit, as they have 'vape' in their name.

Am gutted to see sourcemore now, has been my favorite store for about year, have some really good deals.

Yeah, but aren't you in the UK? If so, it shouldn't affect you much becuase if they don't already they'll probably put another 3rd party processor in place that serves UK. I think Chinese sites that are banned by paypal are using Klarna for UK and Swedish transactions. I don't know anyhting about how Klarna works, but they've been around for a long time.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, but aren't you in the UK? If so, it shouldn't affect you much becuase if they don't already they'll probably put another 3rd party processor in place that serves UK. I think Chinese sites that are banned by paypal are using Klarna for UK and Swedish transactions. I don't know anyhting about how Klarna works, but they've been around for a long time.

I am a Brit, but I live in the US though :)

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FocalEcig lost their pp account, too. But at least they offer a Bitcoin option.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hotecig offering Paypal again but through a strange wonky service called paycode. I don't understand it much except that you generate an dorder then you generate a code for that order via Paycode. You pay for that paycode code via paypal. So it's like buying a gift certificate so taht means you are not protected on the purchase of the product transaction. Paypal can only protect the actual purchase, which in this case is a code # lol.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sage Pay is what I use for Purchases from Vendors in the UK.

Are you in the UK or the USA, if you don't mind me asking.

Never mind, i see you are in the USA. I have not seen sagepay as an option but I have not been paying very close attention to UK sites since the shipping isn't really that great to USA (no epacket lol).

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought Chinese sites would use Alipay (like the Chinese version of Paypal) but it turns out since it's owned by Alibaba who is unfriendly toward ecig products shipped to the USA Alipay isn't an option for Chinese vape retailers :mad:.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just went to 3FVape and put something in my cart so I could see payment options and this is what came up.

1611885528015.png

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just went to 3FVape and put something in my cart so I could see payment options and this is what came up....

Yeah, 3F is still good, as well as the handful of the remaining big players in China.

So far as I can think, the only major Chinese vape retailers that have yet to be suspended from paypal are:

HealthCabin,
Cloumix,
3F,
Ave40,
3A,
Elegomall

I can't think of any others off the top of my head.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree. They require restraint. I only use them if I know I can pay them off in full the following billing cycle that way I am not playing into the usury system they are built on. They are a convenient tool if you have restraint. Otherwise they are a terrible curse.
Even having restraint there's also life with its unforeseen emergencies, constantly differing factors. For instance one might lose work in between billing cycles, not be able to do but so much monthly if at all.

I agree though restraint and discipline, responsibility are all quite ignoble traits to strive to have. We're not always able to "be there", at times through not within our control to help.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In fact most of the time it's not to worth even trying to mine because the resources spent are greater than than the ROI (takes equipment investment and electricity to mine for crypto).

Very much like gold and silver. You can mine for it or you can just buy it at the market rate.

Yep, so ultimately with the general market rate fluctuating minute to minute you're pressed to know it. This hour it might be $300 per coin or 1/100000th of a coin, next its only $0.02 per that. So you're backed into trying to mine. As you say the ROI makes it improbable & untenable.

Again, had that kind of actual money, I wouldn't need cryptocurrencies. Actual money has a lovely option called "paid in full by CASH". People are more than happy to forget names, faces, anything but a say Mr./Mrs./Ms. Cash paid the bill.

"What did they look like?"

"Ah, green/[insert color of local cash currency]."

Barring that, silver, gold, platinum. Silver for the common folk, gold for the middle folk, platinum for the unmentioned folk who own countries.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So you're backed into trying to mine.
Not really though because it's just not for the average person to do even if the time is right. Just like not everyone is cut out to min for gold/silver.
The vast majority of people who use crypto never mined and never intend to. Lots of people use crypto as an investment and make money off it, yet never mined a day in their lives.

In a sense, crypto can be compared to the stock market or even like forex.

Yeah, sure, it's a gamble, but you don't have to mine for it. Even mining is a huge gamble. If you do it wrong and at the wrong time you can end up spending more money than you'll make.

I plan on buying crypto at some point, I'm just keep dragging my feet because ultimately I actually don't really want to do it. I just feel I should get my feet wet then take it from there.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I forgot about Vapesourcing. Just checked them & they lost their paypal, too.

However they have another site called Gearvita with a separate paypal account. If you want to pay using paypal on a Vapesourcing order, you select the Sofort payment method then complete checkout. Your order goes into pending mode. Then you contact VS telling them you want to pay for order # XXXXXXXXXX via paypal. They send you a link to pay an invoice using their GearVita paypal account.

This is tricky for them because there would be ways they can get hosed on an order which I won't go into, but that's the way it is these days. It's like a semi black market. This is what these Chosenite rules and regulations push us towards - the black market. And they know it.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sourcemore just sent an update about payment methods.

We are writing to inform you of the update of our payment methods.

To pay with PayPal, please choose Western Union and generate a pending order first, then contact our customer service at
[email protected].
We will send you an account to make the transfer.

The previous orders which were paid with PayPal are not affected.
We will ship the orders and deal with any issues as normal.

The current sales will be extended.
New payment methods such as Credit Card will be added ASAP.
We will update if there is any changes
here.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sourcemore just sent an update about payment methods.

We are writing to inform you of the update of our payment methods.

To pay with PayPal, please choose Western Union and generate a pending order first, then contact our customer service at [email protected].
We will send you an account to make the transfer.

The previous orders which were paid with PayPal are not affected.
We will ship the orders and deal with any issues as normal.

The current sales will be extended.
New payment methods such as Credit Card will be added ASAP.
We will update if there is any changes here.
That's how I got my order last week through with efun. Contacted cs, they guided me through it using a different pay method through payssion. Generated a pending order and then they asked for my pp addy, sent me an invoice to pay. Paid it and got confirmation.

Not all in favor of China by any means but those fools are on it. Wasn't logged in under an account or anything just as a guest. Put items in my cart, made the pending order. Didn't tell them what I was ordering. Cs hits me back in livechat with 'this you?' and boom had the name, order number, items, price etc. Like in under 30 seconds. In less than 2min had the invoice in paypal. So some manual work was involved, crossed a language barrier halfway around the world and they were up to speed.

They need to give lessons to US businesses. Like directv. I call, have to press 1, press 3, press 2 for english, get some whackadoo on the phone after 5min of automation hell where I already entered my name, account number etc. Person gets on the phone. Ok, can I have your name? Address? Account number?
........ ok hang on let me try to find your account a moment... It says here it's not paid. Oh wait, wrong account. What was the name again? Are you fricken kidding me? lmfao. You got someone there that speaks Chinese? Put them on, they'll get it done.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What you guys really need is Chinese friend from China that has wechat pay or alipay. There done. Ask the site for their wechat and just talk though there.

If you know wechat retailers you might even get it cheaper.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been finding out that if you contact a retailer who has a suspnded paypal, they will have another paypal account they are using. They will tell you how to place an order and then send you a paypal invoice. So if you want somenthing from one of the suspended retailers, contact contact them and ask them how you can pay with paypal.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
3FVape added. But they do have an alternate PP account they use. Instructions on checkout page

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's all a moot point now because they are all (or mostly all) using alternate paypal accounts and taking PP payments off-site. Kinda of a hassle, but better than nothing.

I mean, for the Chinese vendors

VU Sponsors