Become a Patron!

Paypal Suspending Chinese/UK/AU Vape Retailers

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
3A Vape took my order through PayPal 3 days ago and it has shipped

One day ago it was 4 days ago lol. Regardless these suspensions are rolling out by the week (and possible quicker from here on out).

I have made 3 purchases from Chinese vape vendors in the past 2 weeks, one of them being FT last week. Yet today they got the suspension notice. Makes no difference. Suspensions come tomorrow, not yesterday lol.

It's only a matter of time now that 3Avape and all the rest will be suspended. This is clear at this point. 3 vendors that I know of now claim they are being suspended (or at least restricted) for the same reason - ecig sales. Most of the other vendors, like Heavengifts, are screwed because all they sell is vape (and masks and TP lol).

Heavengifts still, to this day, has not put an alternative US payment option in place. This is an important fact to understand. It's been over a month.

It's important to note that because FT sells a lot of stuff other than ecig, their PP account isn't actually suspended. It's restricted. They just have to block certain skus. But I bet a lot of accessories and things like that will still be available for purchase by paypal.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's weird because I ordered an SXMini G Class from Everzon (China) on 9/26/20, paid with PayPal, and it arrived two days ago.

The point here is that these suspensions are starting to roll out little by little. At some point Everzon will also get suspended. It just didn't happen last week. Maybe tommorow. Maybe next week, maybe next month. No one knows.

But now we have 3 retailers (that we know of) and it's clear that this isn't bullshit on HevavenGifts' part (as I thought it might be).

This is for real, folks.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While I understand the aversion to buying from a Chinese website with a debit card, if you have a credit card it's not usually a huge deal.

My credit card offers complete protection against fraudulent purchases. I am not responsible for fraudulent charges. I'm pretty sure all credit cards operate the same way, but I could be wrong.

My card was hacked 3 times in the last 12 months. No biggie. Only big deal is that I have to go 2-5 days without a card since they always suspend the account and issue you a new card with a new account and roll all your balances and whatnot to the new account.

All 3 times they contacted me telling me it was hacked as soon as the charges rolled in. All I have to do is verify they were not me an dthen they remove the charges and proceed with the account switcharoo process.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think some random Chinese site tried to scam me. I was desperate and found a LV Triade in stock. Fool on me. Luckily it was Paypal so I'm protected.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think some random Chinese site tried to scam me. I was desperate and found a LV Triade in stock. Fool on me. Luckily it was Paypal so I'm protected.
Best to stay away from SomeRandomChineseSite.com?

Last edited:

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Walmart prepaid gold card costs $3 for the initial purchase. Then $3 to load a minimum of $20. That's what I used for a long time but was using it for PayPal transactions. Would be the same with a card. No worries I would think. Just an inconvenience to have to goto Walmart to load the card. Might be possible to load it from another account though. I'm not sure.

Sent from a pile of wood chips
AFAIK there are no charges at all for buying a prepaid Visa/MC from the grocery store. Just whatever amount you apply to it. There might be a 25-cent surcharge, but I did this about a year ago to give as a gift and IIRC it was just the amount I wanted to put on it.

OTOH buying a prepaid CC on FT using PayPal is easiest! LOL!! If that's indeed true that's great.

EDIT: Not to doubt anyone but I just looked and yes, I logged in, stuck a tank in the cart, and there was a text notice under the quantity box that "PayPal and credit cards may not be available as vaping devices are restricted. Gift cards and cryptocurrency are alternatives" (gist). Also noticed on the main page if you buy a gift card within the next week or so, you get 5% off sitewide, + an extra 10% off if you use the Halloween coupon code listed between now and the 31st.

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
AFAIK there are no charges at all for buying a prepaid Visa/MC from the grocery store. Just whatever amount you apply to it. There might be a 25-cent surcharge, but I did this about a year ago to give as a gift and IIRC it was just the amount I wanted to put on it.
It's $4.95 fee to buy a Prepaid Visa MC. I've purchased about 6 this year. Even if you go to giftcards.com they charge you.

The only thing I dislike about using them is when I'm down to $1.85 left on it I can only use it in person. I attempted to use one with a low balance in China and a US shop online and their system won't take it. They'll only take one that can cover the entire cost.

Speaking of China, I have parcel 1 of 2 arriving soon. It left Compton CA 7 days ago. Still no update. China shipped the other parcel at the same time and no update at all since I placed the order on 9/6. Sourcemore.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's $4.95 fee to buy a Prepaid Visa MC. I've purchased about 6 this year. Even if you go to giftcards.com they charge you.

The only thing I dislike about using them is when I'm down to $1.85 left on it I can only use it in person. I attempted to use one with a low balance in China and a US shop online and their system won't take it. They'll only take one that can cover the entire cost.

Speaking of China, I have parcel 1 of 2 arriving soon. It left Compton CA 7 days ago. Still no update. China shipped the other parcel at the same time and no update at all since I placed the order on 9/6. Sourcemore.
Good to know about the surcharge, and you made other good points too. Whole thing appears to be moot though, since FastTech (at least) won't accept Visa or MC either, along with no PayPal. But a gift cert from FT seems a great solution.

Waiting since 9/6 for your stuff... that's highly annoying. I ordered some stuff from GearBest once that landed in shipping purgatory and took 2 months to get here... en route the entire time... but sat here and there for days on end. At least I could see where it was sitting, though.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Good to know about the surcharge, and you made other good points too. Whole thing appears to be moot though, since FastTech (at least) won't accept Visa or MC either, along with no PayPal. But a gift cert from FT seems a great solution.

Waiting since 9/6 for your stuff... that's highly annoying. I ordered some stuff from GearBest once that landed in shipping purgatory and took 2 months to get here... en route the entire time... but sat here and there for days on end. At least I could see where it was sitting, though.
Good idea on the FT cert.
If I don't get an update at least on the CA parcel by Saturday I'm filing claims on both parcels. I paid for 7-15 day shipping. :gaah:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also noticed on the main page if you buy a gift card within the next week or so, you get 5% off sitewide, + an extra 10% off if you use the Halloween coupon code listed between now and the 31st.

It's not 5% off sitewide. You get an extra 5% added to your gift cert if you buy one between now and Oct 29. So if you buy a $20 GC then you get $21. You buy a $50 GC, then you get $52.50 etc.

And the 10% off site wide coupon is valid only on Oct 31 and Nov 1.

Surprise part #1: Gift Cards Sale

Offer:GET EXTRA 5% FREE NOW when you buy gift cards.
Click Here To Buy Gift Certificates.

Valid Date: October 19,2020 - October 29,2020 (UTC-6)

Surprise part #2: Site-Wide Coupon

Offer: Site-wide 10% off
Valid Date: October 31,2020 - November 1,2020 (UTC-6)
Coupon Code: CANDY2020

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well, one parcel is out for delivery but it's the part of the order I'm not in a hurry for. Still nada on the the one that I do want.
I think I'll email them and tell them to cancel the order. More than likely they'll tell me to give it another 30 days.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tried to make a purchase on 3F before and all they take is PP?

That's the case with the vast majority of Chinese vape retailers. Paypal only. And if you don't have or want a pp account you just use it as a processor for whatever card you have. I've come across very few Chinese vape sites that take credit cards "directly". I think sourcemore does (I might be wrong).

That's why this is going to be a major disruption when they all start getting hit.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FT takes credit cards, but you have to send a pic of a government ID. Me for one will not send sensitive info to the Chinese government.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Me for one will not send sensitive info to the Chinese government.
If I post a pic of an ID it has all info except adress and DOB REDACTED. It is actually an Expired License I use in a badge I wear to get on sites.

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats odd I put a little order in for muji and a rta nothing fancy but I used my credit card to pay and I was not asked for id but I have bought from them since 2010 but not with that card my ex's card... on the package it says exactly what I got not like the old days .. when used to say electronic parts lol

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thats odd I put a little order in for muji and a rta ...on the package it says exactly what I got

That's not good.

I don't want my customs form stating exactly what I bought. Sorry to hear FT is now being honest on customs forms.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah always ask before before ordering from a site you haven't dealt with before. There's some good smaller outfits, but always ask. I know I do.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Regardless, if you choose the "USPS Expedited Service to the USA" option there is no customs form on individual packages. It leaves china on a DHL plane then once it gets to the USA the USPS takes possession of it and delivers it.

It does cost anywhere from $2 to $4 but it's better than Epacket or China Post or whatever other free options FT offers.

This method can be super fast sometimes, but usually about 15-20 days. But I've gotten packages in 10 days.

All the other vape retailers call it something different (like USA Express Line or some shit like that) and they all charge anywhere from $8 to $14 and that's just for one mod or tank and it goes us from there.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered 3 mods and a tank from FT. Used the gift card and it went through without a problem.

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It says atomizer the muji does not actually say muji its in Japanese characters

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201023-214524_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201023-214524_Chrome.jpg
    688.3 KB · Views: 9

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah, yes. I can make that out now.

they sent you one of these by accident

7928701-4.jpg

:giggle: :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Molinberry Flavours added to list. This is especially troublesome since they only sell flavoring, which could be used for things no related to vaping.

As I see it, their faux pas was that they say "Flavour for e-liquid". Dumb marketing mistake. Gotta be smarter than that in this industry.

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was expecting this, but makes me sad to see it. 2FDeal was my go to for Chinese sites.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And yet, we will survive this time. As we did before when they seized shipments from the very docks.
Vaping livvvvved after that...and thrived.

Vaping is global....not just USA Collectors and Hobbyists. It is all of those who wish to free themselves from the bonds of smoking and find release in vaping. As I did in 2012. It saved my life without question.

Doc showed me the spotty x-rays, i had a year to live IF I quit NOW. I didn't.
Then, i got a cat and it wasn't just about me anymore...Tiki probably saved my life.

I went whole hog into vaping in 2012 and never have looked back. It' a hobby now. Sometimes a passion, and sometimes I wane and get flocking tired of it...then a new thing or an old new thing..happens...and I am renewed.

Cigarettes, never had THAT on me....I miss them and the stuff that came with them, every day. But, there is more in vaping than in smoking. There is Family....Bretheren, whatever you would call it. A group united. We will persevere. Because our very lives depend on it.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
And yet, we will survive this time. As we did before when they seized shipments from the very docks.

Vaping is global....not just USA Collectors and Hobbyists. It is all of those who wish to free themselves from the bonds of smoking and find release in vaping. As I did in 2012. It saved my life without question.

Doc showed me the spotty x-rays, i had a year to live IF I quit NOW. I didn't.
Then, i got a cat and it wasn't just about me anymore...Tiki probably saved my life.

I went whole hog into vaping in 2012 and never have looked back. It' a hobby now. Sometimes a passion, and sometimes I wane and get flocking tired of it...then a new thing or an old new thing..happens...and I am renewed.

Cigarettes, never had THAT on me....I miss them and the stuff that came with them, every day. But, there is more in vaping than in smoking. There is Family....Bretheren, whatever you would call it. A group united. We will persevere. Because our very lives depend on it.

Great post. Well said.

I haven't missed cigarettes in YEARS. My husband still smokes and omg the stink turns me off so bad, especially in my car.

But I'll tell you, I don't know that I was in crisis, but I believe my sister would be dead by now if not for vaping. Her father died of emphysema at 59. She is 57 now and was diagnosed with COPD when she was 43. She is working and supporting herself for the first time in nearly 15 years. She is truly a Vaping-Saved-My-Life story. I just wish some of the powers-that-be cared one damn thing about hearing those stories.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

But there's a difference between then and now.

Then, they had no legal basis for their actions, therefore they ceased their shenanigans.

Now?
  • Now we have federal regulations set in place, mandated to be enforced by the courts due to a lawsuit brought against the FDA.

• Since Feb 2020, The House Oversight Committee has urged the FDA to mandate a total (but supposedly temporary - but we know how that goes), nationwide ban on the sale of all vape products, citing concerns that nicotine usage increases the chance of death in those who contract COVID-19 (yet they did not urge the FDA to ban the sale of all other nicotine products, nor did they provide any solid, scientific proof of their claims).

• Paypal is suspending vape retailers in China, many of which have yet to replace Paypal with another form of payment, leaving US customers no option to pay for orders.

• Since about Sept or Oct 2019, AliExpress, DHGate and Alibaba have blocked most vape listings from USA IP addresses. Some slip by their systems but all in all they have effective killed the sale of vape gear to USA on these sites.

• Some states are proving to be more harsh than the feds with
    • ejuice bans​
    • total vape bans​
    • excessive taxes​

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Then, they had no legal basis for their actions, therefore they ceased their shenanigans.

Now?
  • Now we have federal regulations set in place, mandated to be enforced by the courts due to a lawsuit brought against the FDA.

• Since Feb 2020, The House Oversight Committee has urged the FDA to mandate a total (but supposedly temporary - but we know how that goes), nationwide ban on the sale of all vape products, citing concerns that nicotine usage increases the chance of death in those who contract COVID-19 (yet they did not urge the FDA to ban the sale of all other nicotine products, nor did they provide any solid, scientific proof of their claims).

• Paypal is suspending vape retailers in China, many of which have yet to replace Paypal with another form of payment, leaving US customers no option to pay for orders.

• Since about Sept or Oct 2019, AliExpress, DHGate and Alibaba have blocked most vape listings from USA IP addresses. Some slip by their systems but all in all they have effective killed the sale of vape gear to USA on these sites.

• ejuice bans​
    • total vape bans​
    • excessive taxes​
I have to agree. Listen folks, as long as anybody believes this has anything whatsoever to do with public health or saving children, they will have us right where they want us.

The greater the case that vaping is an inexpensive, uniquely effective net gain in public health through the cessation of tobacco use, while avoiding the need for prescriptions or state intervention, the more relentlessly they will seek to kill it. At least in anything like the libertarian form we've known.

It is a direct, near military threat to billions and billions and billions of dollars for the bureaucrats and their friends. Until a greater motivation than that presents itself, (don't hold your breath), they will be hell bent on protecting that money.

There are indeed some brain dead, nanny state, mommy groups who actually think they're saving children. They're pawns too. The proverbial "useful idiots."

It won't do any good to debate it, just watch. These people are as predictable as the day is long. Water will sooner flow uphill than the U.S. political machine do what's right rather than what's politically expedient to the tune of vast sums of money and the power that comes with it. And of course with that power then comes more money and on and on it goes.

Power, the institutionalized ability to manipulate and control a population, a culture and society, is the fiercest and most all consuming addiction there has ever been or will ever be. If history has taught us anything, it's that.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Now?

• ejuice bans​
    • total vape bans​
    • excessive taxes​

I know those things. I just couldn't give a fuck about them.
I did illegal drugs for many years, ya think that was difficult to procure? Nope.

The USA also doesn't run the world.
I can use VPN and/or proxies, alt payments like Bitcoin, re-shippers, whatever is needed.

Besides the fact I won't really need to buy anything vape ever again. I'm fully DIY and stocked up for decades. Anyone who is serious about continuing to vape in this ban-happy country knew that was a good idea back in 2016. If you can't or won't DIY, well, GLWT.

I'm more concerned about having a place to live when my lease expires in June. I can legally be priced out of the building, just like I was from my last Apt after ten years of living there.

Vaping is not the most important thing in my life. It's also a privilege, not a right.

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While vaping isn't everything in life, this is a vaping thread on a vaping forum. :huh:

Should we all just refrain from posting about anything vape-related until which time the whole world is rid of each and every non-vape-related problem?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While vaping isn't everything in life, this is a vaping thread on a vaping forum. :huh:

Should we all just refrain from posting about anything vape-related until which time the whole world is rid of each and every non-vape-related problem?
Nice job cherry-picking from my post.

Here ya go: ⭐

BTW your sig line works both ways. ;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
PayPal has be pulling this shit since 2012 and way before the Deeming Regs. Either YOU adjust or you get run over.

VU Sponsors