Become a Patron!

Peaches and cream yarn

Kcoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought some peaches and cream yarn to try as wicking material. I love it on my drippers, but I can not get it to wick correctly on my kayfun. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions or videos that might help.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a hard time getting it to work in mine too. I finally gave up because no matter what i did that damn KF would leak out its air holes. Or I'd get dry hits cause it wouldn't wick fast enough.
Until I discovered rayon and that fixed my not so fun Kayfun problem.
But one thing I did not try with the KF and the Peaches and Cream was doubling up on the wick. Instead of one strand of yarn maybe try two strands.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Definitely not one strand with Kayfun's , wrap a coil that you can fit two strands through ( double up with a longer piece and pull it through with a small wire ) and tuck the extra along the tops then put the chimney on. Saturate well and let sit for a few .

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
when i used the peaches and cream yarn in the kayfun, the navy nest wicking method was impressive...
that being said it was wrapped on 2 1/16 '' drill bits creating a rectangular coil, coil resistance was around 1.4 to 1.6 ohms
and i usually stayed between 12 and 17 watts...and my eliquid was 70/30 & 60/40...
all these things come into play when looking at wicking characteristics.

have since moved on to readyxwick

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use it on my kfun
1/6in drill bit 9 wraps
pull one small strand from the full strand that fills the 1/6in coil
I install the coil cover then cut the strand about 3/4 in above the cover and litely tamp it onto the ledge
soak the wick both sides
install the chimney
Instal the rest of the kayfun
I dont get dry hits nor does it flood
You might have to cut the wick a small bit longer or shorter depending on how deep your chanels are

One of my Kafuns uses a tiny bit shorter wick than the others to work right

I use it on my kfun
1/6in drill bit 9 wraps
pull one small strand from the full strand that fills the 1/6in coil
I install the coil cover then cut the strand about 3/4 in above the cover and litely tamp it onto the ledge
soak the wick both sides
install the chimney
Instal the rest of the kayfun
I dont get dry hits nor does it flood
You might have to cut the wick a small bit longer or shorter depending on how deep your chanels are

One of my Kafuns uses a tiny bit shorter wick than the others to work right
I must agree with this here. I have a kayfun and yard works great. My set up similar to this. Quick, easy.

VU Sponsors