Become a Patron!

Penny Dreadful: "Above the Vaulted Sky" Review

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Warning: Full spoilers for the episode follow...

Evelyn's plan started coming more into frightening fruition this week as she enchanted, and bedded, Sir Malcolm while simultaneously driving his wife to suicide through very disturbing means.

And by disturbing, I of course mean with creepy, god-awful puppetry. Ugh. Those dolls. "Fetishes" as Vanessa called them. They're just terrible. And this week Evelyn rammed nails into the pulsating brain of a Gladys doll, causing the poor woman non-stop, excruciating pain. From there, it took the visions of her own children, Peter and Mina, crawling out of their graves to make her slit her own throat.

"Above the Vaulted Sky" was a cracking good time. Filled with moments both tender and terrifying. The final few minutes featured a sex montage featuring Malcolm and Evelyn, Dorian and "Angelique," and Ethan and Vanessa - who didn't come together but felt very drawn to each other. As if they were about to do the deed. It's worth noting too that this was the first time this season (I believe. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that Penny Dreadful's "Devil's Theme" played. That specific deep cello piece that sounds a bit like a slowed down version of Disney's Haunted Mansion ride tune. It's usually very prominent when Vanessa's dealing with possession problems, but here it came during the montage.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors