Become a Patron!

Percentage aromas

I apologize in advance for my English, I hope you understand me. I've been seeing on ELR lately to get ideas for some recipes. most have no 50/50 base. what I ask myself is: when I use them, changing the base, should the percentage of aromas also change?
Thanks

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I do not change recipes for the bases I use. The changes I think would be minor and not worth the effort.

Try the recipe as written with your 50/50 base. If you like it you are good to go. If you don't like it you could try decreasing the flavor percentage, but I suspect it was just a recipe that did not fit your palate.

I do not change recipes for the bases I use. The changes I think would be minor and not worth the effort.

Try the recipe as written with your 50/50 base. If you like it you are good to go. If you don't like it you could try decreasing the flavor percentage, but I suspect it was just a recipe that did not fit your palate.
infact, it was just one example

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just curious... what device do you use? Only asking because you mentioned 50/50 base (I tend to use 70VG/30PG and then after adding flavors it's more like 65VG/35PG) 50/50 is usually for small pods and such (but many still like it for other devices) I don't really obsess with the math... just make unflavored base, add flavors and hope for the best. Same for nic... as long as it's close, I'm good (do I really care if it's 11 mg/ml instead of 12... not really, 5 instead of 6?) I will add that for measuring flavors I do love my scale.

Just curious... what device do you use? Only asking because you mentioned 50/50 base (I tend to use 70VG/30PG and then after adding flavors it's more like 65VG/35PG) 50/50 is usually for small pods and such (but many still like it for other devices) I don't really obsess with the math... just make unflavored base, add flavors and hope for the best. Same for nic... as long as it's close, I'm good (do I really care if it's 11 mg/ml instead of 12... not really, 5 instead of 6?) I will add that for measuring flavors I do love my scale.
Nautilus 3

Inviato dal mio motorola edge 20 lite utilizzando Tapatalk

Do you the percentage for Yellow Cake FW?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That is one of those classic (and popular) flavors that most people now avoid (because of the ingredients) A good substitute (that I use) is Flavor Jungle Yellow cake (use up to 5 % solo)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I have used FW Yellow Cake at up to 4% in mixes with other flavors, usually accented with 1% of OOO Powdered Sugar and about 1% of some kind of cookie. Sometimes also 0.5% to 1% of Cap Cake Batter, Cap Butter Cream, or a light custard like FA Custard.

VU Sponsors