Become a Patron!

Physicians from Weill Cornell Medical College Recommend that Pediatricians Lie to Adolescents About

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nicotine in e-liquid isn't extracted from tobacco? Where does it come from?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Which vendors sell e-liquid with nicotine which isn't extracted from tobacco?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Which vendors sell e-liquid with nicotine which isn't extracted from tobacco?
None, they are lying.
One vendor is working on synthesizing nicotine for vaping but it is nowhere near ready for release yet.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If Nicotine from tobacco = Tobacco Product then where would Nicorette and The Patch stand?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If Nicotine from tobacco = Tobacco Product then where would Nicorette and The Patch stand?
The patch is a prescription medical product. I'm sure no one wants eCigs to be regulated as medical products. Nic gum was, but no longer is. Not sure what category the gum falls under legally. I'm pretty sure the nicotine in the gum is not extracted from tobacco, but is synthetic, however...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The patch is a prescription medical product. I'm sure no one wants eCigs to be regulated as medical products. Nic gum was, but no longer is. Not sure what category the gum falls under legally. I'm pretty sure the nicotine in the gum is not extracted from tobacco, but is synthetic, however...

Sounds like scientific evidence to me......

P.S. I can buy gum, lozenges AND patches, OTC.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

It's all extracted from tobacco.
Companies who sell nic base buy their nic from the same place the gum, Big Pharma (Nicotex, Nicoderm/Nicorette) and now Big Tobacco (Zonnic) get it from.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Sounds like scientific evidence to me......

P.S. I can buy gum, lozenges AND patches, OTC.

And they all are extracted from tobacco.
Like I said, ONE company is working on creating synthetic nicotine for sale.

It is massively more expensive to make but if states like Indiana pass their tax on nicotine content (only on nicotine derived from tobacco) then a liter of 100 mg/ml nic base would cost around $4000.00

This would make the synthetic nicotine a cheaper alternative.

I was informed by an industry advocate who is very in the know and goes to nicotine conferences all over the world of the one company working on getting synthetic nicotine to the market right now.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's all extracted from tobacco.
Companies who sell nic base buy their nic from the same place the gum, Big Pharma (Nicotex, Nicoderm/Nicorette) and now Big Tobacco (Zonnic) get it from.

So it is all a tobacco product, including e-liquid with nicotine...

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And they all are extracted from tobacco.
Like I said, ONE company is working on creating synthetic nicotine for sale.

It is massively more expensive to make but if states like Indiana pass their tax on nicotine content (only on nicotine derived from tobacco) then a liter of 100 mg/ml nic base would cost around $4000.00

This would make the synthetic nicotine a cheaper alternative.

I was informed by an industry advocate who is very in the know and goes to nicotine conferences all over the world of the one company working on getting synthetic nicotine to the market right now.

What happens when the FDA declares synthetic nicotine a controlled substance?

VU Sponsors