Become a Patron!

Pirates Gold

GordonOliver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is a slightly altered Rum Custard recipe, I made this up last week and tried it today, yo ho Ho.

FA(uk) Cake Batter 2%
FA(uk) Cotton Candy 1%
FA(uk) Bavarian Cream 4%
FA(uk) French Vanilla 4%
FA(uk) Jamacian Rum 4%
FA(uk) Vanilla Custard 4%
Only slight difference is %s and I used Cotton Candy instead of Super Sweet,
Totally better taste than my Rum Custard

amanda.brock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you sure these are FA as in flavour art and not TFA as in the flavour apprentice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frankm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The newer TFA flavor bottles from bull city vapor have a big FA on the bottles. Kind of irked me when I first seen them.

GordonOliver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had this problem with the Rum Custard recipe, all FA but in the UK, if you check the Flavour Art UK web site you will see them, thanks.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No offense but I'm pretty sure you are mistaken.

Yes, FA UK does offer some unique blends not available here in the States however, I looked at all of those and they did not include several of the flavors you have listed above.

For example, Cake Batter, Bavarian Cream and Cotton Candy are NOT listed as FA flavors on the FA UK website, not even as blends.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm just trying to help clear up what appears to be a misunderstanding among flavoring brands.

GordonOliver

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, I'll check something later, because if FA uk don't have what I want I use a guy off a local website who assures me that what he sells are FA flavours, I've just checked the labels on my bottles and the ones off him are not quite the same quality as FA uk, so I could have been mislead and ripped off it seems, I do apologise but it's something I thought I was buying was original, still the recipe comes out ok, but now I'm not to sure what I'm adding.

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
He's probably selling you TFA at FA prices that all. Twice the amount for not as potent.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No worries at all GO, I was just concerned your recipes might be a little hard to duplicate in the future if the brands were messed up. :)

It may just be a mistake also ... TPA /TFA ( The Perfumers Apprentice aka The Flavorist Apprentice ) not that long ago changed their logo to be just 'Fa' as in capital 'F' lower case 'a' which makes it kind of confusing since Flavour Art is also abbreviated as 'FA'. If they had gone with 'TFA' instead, it would have made more sense imho.

Last edited:

Elickwizard

Member For 4 Years
Gordon a good place in the uk for flavours, including FA is www.chefsvapour.co.uk should appeal to your avatar too .

There's also a lot of other companies concentrates there too - I've tended to use FA UK less and less recently as they have a lot of their flavours in stock, except for the Nonna rush of 2016 of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, I'll check something later, because if FA uk don't have what I want I use a guy off a local website who assures me that what he sells are FA flavours, I've just checked the labels on my bottles and the ones off him are not quite the same quality as FA uk, so I could have been mislead and ripped off it seems, I do apologise but it's something I thought I was buying was original, still the recipe comes out ok, but now I'm not to sure what I'm adding.

This sounds awful : - ( Makes me feel grateful for what I usually take for granted--that we have such decent vendors as Bull City, etcetera.

VU Sponsors