Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod Kit Review - The AirGo by Vaptio

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review by me, Pizza Dave. Today I will be reviewing one of the most unique pod systems I have seen in a while. That pod system is the AirGo by Vaptio. With a design similar to airpods, or similar wireless headphones, the AirGo pod system utilizes a charging case which houses the device along with two pods. It is interesting indeed, and something that is pretty cool, but also kind of gimmicky. Let’s get right to it eh?

This device was sent to me by Vaptio for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 700mah charging box

• 1 80mah mod

• 2 1.5ml, 1.0-ohm pods

• USB-C Charging Cable

• Paperwork

Available in white, gray, and aurora blue

STOCK SHOT
A4bgQwr.jpg

PACKAGING
aDPinr5.jpg

UNBOXED
yaMdZ4Y.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements of case: 73.2mm x 50mm x 24.2mm

Measurement of device: 64.4mm x 20.6mm x 10.3mm

Battery: 700mah charging case, 80mah in the mod itself

Power Range - 11w

Capacity - 1.5ml pod, with spot for spare pod in the case

Other features: Charging case for mod and spare pod

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Wait, this is a vape device? Out of the gate, you see this small case, and it is really neat. Looks just like any other piece of tech, such as Samsung or Apples wireless headphones. This case has LEDs on it to show battery level, and built to feel light, yet sturdy. Open it up, and you see the tips of the pods. Left side is just a pod, but the right side is the pod and mod together. It is very satisfying to open it up for the reveal, and when the mod is removed and inserted, you see the LEDs light up on the front showing that it is charging as well as the battery level at that time, but more on that later. First impressions with this summed up. It’s sleek and very cool looking. It seems more like a piece of tech than a vaping device. Pretty cool, but let’s see how useful it is.

OPERATION

Operation on this one is pretty run of the mill. First off, you have the charging case. It has battery indication on the front. 3 leds represent this level, and basically act as 33% increments or so. This is 700mah and charges in under an hour. The mods themselves are charged when inserted into this case. They claim a full charge lasts 50 puffs or so and combined with a full battery equates to 700 puffs. The battery level of the mod isn’t really known, but when inserted in the case, a RED led will glow and it will turn GREEN when fully charged. I charged the case and started using and it got me through a full week before I charged the box. As far as using the mod portion…. simple draw inhale. It works consistently without too much force.

POD

This is a true pod system. I say this because the pod portion has no replaceable coils. When the pod is dead, ya toss it. The pods have a small flap on the side, and by small I mean small. Total pain in the ass to fill with 30ml gorilla bottles. I struggles to fill both pods and made a massive mess in the process. Metal needle tip bottles would be the ticket for this, but that’s an extra step for those who want to use it. Refilling is frustrating, and beyond that, most liquids struggled to settle into the pod around the coil and chimney, making the process even more difficult. Bear in mind I used 12mg freebase and 25mg salt nice liquids that were 50/50. Pod life is also not the best out there. By the end of my 1 week of using, both pods were done for with just a couple of refills each.

PHOTO GALLERY

xPiRnTD.jpg

HVKrUqn.jpg

a2naWnT.jpg

YFZVaYI.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Not going to sugar coat it, but the pod section of this thing ruins it. At first, it is super cool and innovative! It looks neat, even vapes good for a while. However, refilling the pods is a real chore for “normal” bottles, and the pods just don’t last. It seems like all of their resources went into making this pod system what it is, rather than making it work. I would love to see a V2, but right now, it seems like a halfway completed project. That’s all I’ve got. Really cool LOOKING product, decent idea, but this is a vape device. It’s like buying a brand new Ferrari, but they put a lawnmower engine inside. Sad really. Better luck next time Vaptio.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another?

PROS

• Looks cool

• Battery lasts all week

• Lightweight, but decent feeling case portion

• Love that I can have a 2nd flavor pod with me at all times, or a spare one so I don’t have to refill all day.

CONS

• Refill port is too small and liquid just doesn’t flow in the pods, causing a mess

• Pods don’t last more than a couple of refills

Thank you everyone and thank you to Vaptio for sending this my way for review. Quick Google search says these are selling for about $45 (£35 in UK).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors