Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Starter Kit Review - The Rover 2 Kit by Aspire

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. This is Pizza Dave and today I will be going over the Rover 2 by Aspire. This compact kit is designed for beginners through and through. It has a built-in 2200 mah battery, USB-C charge port w/ 2 amp charging, and is combined with the top airflow Nautilus XS tank which is a solid, care free tank for starting out. It comes off as a beginner setup, but is this something I enjoy? Stay tuned to find out, so let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me Sourcemore for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 NX40 Mod

• 1 Nautilus XS Tank

• 1 2ml glass section

• 1 .7-ohm mesh coil

• 1 1.8-ohm U-tech coil

• 1 USB-C cable

• 1 Bag of spares

• Paperwork

Available in Gunmetal, champagne, turquoise, navy blue, and ruby.

STOCK SHOT
aN3iXT9.jpg

PACKAGING
68NqpoG.jpg

UNBOXED
J8ilxLY.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 108.5mm x 36mm x 24.5mm

Battery: Built-in 2200mah

Power Range: 1-240w in .1-watt increments

Other features: USB-C 2 amp charging

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Holy smokes it’s tiny. When looking into this for review, I was convinced based off pictures that this was a generic dual 18650 mod with a tank on top. However, upon unboxing I found it to be suuuuper tiny overall. Don’t let the size fool you though, as it actually has quite a bit going on. First off, the finish, while being a finger print magnet, looks amazing. It has a classy look for sure. The next thing I noticed was a clear, and nicely sized screen. The last thing I picked up on first glance was the USB-C charge port. This is a win for sure. The Nautilus XS tank looks pretty generic, but also matches up with the mod quite well. With heat sinks at the top, with a nicely knurled top air flow AFC, I began to grow a bit more curious about this one. In the box you will get the mod, a couple of coil options, spare o-rings, and a USB-C charging cable. Lastly, you’ll spot a very generic manual to guide you in the journey.

OPERATION

1, 2, 3, 4 ,5 and you are off and running. It is powered up and ready to play with. Like I said in the intro, Aspire crafted this for simplicity, so operation is a breeze. This is all you need to know.

• 5 clicks of the fire button turns it on and 5 flicks puts it into “sleep mode” Kind of odd as it doesn’t REALLY seem to shut down completely?

• 3 clicks of the fire button shuts down the screen for stealth mode, with 3 more clicks to go back to normal mode

• Fire button combined with + will change the modes to W, VV, or Bypass

• Fire button combined with - will lock the adjustment buttons
Pretty easy, and something that many will be able to handle out of the gate.

USEAGE

To start things off, charging. Charging this is rapid with 2 amp charging. Even when dead, 1 hour and you are about ready to rock. Next, filling. The top of the Nautilus XS brings us back to the Cleito days with the entire top coming off and you will refill around the coil. The glass is held in place very secure so I had no worries that it may fall off. Lastly, adjust the power to the coil setting, adjust the air flow how you like, and you are ready to vape.

With the .7-ohm mesh coil, I opted for 6mg freebase liquid. Running it at 25w was perfect for me with the airflow wide open. The vapor is warm and flavorful and the 6mg was a perfect match in this setup. The airflow of this coil is a loose MTL or tight direct lung. I ran through roughly 10 refills before flavor started to dwindle down on this coil.

With the 1.8-ohm mesh coil, I went with 15mg salt nic. I have tapered off salts a bit lately and found that running at 15w the matchup was also spot on for me. I would think many could run a 25mg in this with no issues, but like i said, I am backing off. The air flow with this coil is more restricted and has a varying range of MTL. I ran it wide open and it was a nice, smooth, MTL vape for me. I ran this coil for 8 refills at the point of this review and it is still good to go.

The mod itself matches the tank to a tee when it comes to power and overall compatibility. I was able to get 3 full work days before charging it with the .7-ohm coil and went a full week without needing a charge with the 1.8-ohm coil. When I had to charge it, it took roughly one hour and some change.

PHOTO GALLERY

zhCIOhL.jpg

ImSF6Uc.jpg

Qs2aMK5.jpg

Cif33wV.jpg

wItYMEL.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

When it comes to beginner friendly setups, the Rover 2 kit fires on all cylinders. The mod is compact, great looking, and is easy to use. The 2200mah battery lasts a long time with this tank and the 2 amp USB-C charging makes it super convenient. The coils they are not using are also a win, as they last a long time, have good flavor, and offer two different types of vape experience. The tank also gets a win for being top airflow, as it is basically leak proof. There are a few cons I don’t like about this kit though. One, it is a fingerprint magnet so I was always wiping away smudges on the outside. Secondly, the coil changes are odd. With the glass being so snugly set in place there is nothing to grab on to unthread them from the base. I also had a wonky moment where one of the coils partially unthreaded during a refill and then, with liquid on the contact surface I was getting “atomizer short” readings with 0.00-ohms on the mod. I dumped the tank, cleaned the bottom and reseated the coil and I was good to go after that.

Is this something I am going to use? Likely not, but I feel that it is a great alternative to pod systems and it is a really great starter kit. I love that one could realistically vape 25mg salts with the MTL coil and eventually work their way down to lower levels with the mesh head. Aspire nailed it for beginners here and it’s a nice little device.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? Pretty much already answered this in the final thoughts, but no… I’d let it burn, but not if I was a beginner.

PROS
  • Nice looking setup

• Compact design

• Top airflow

• Good flavor

• Good coil life

• Excellent battery life

• Fast charging

• USB-C will always get a PRO

CONS

• Finger print magnet finish

• Doesn’t really power down

• Coils are kind of a pain to change (unless you want to get the glass off)

• Random atomizer short fault when a coil partially unthreaded on me

Thank you everyone for reading and thank you for Sourcemore for sending this my way for review. They have these listed for $51.99.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors