Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An AIO Review - The Aegis Pod by Geekvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. This is Pizza Dave and today I will be going over the Aegis Pod device. Ah yes, another Geekvape product, another Aegis product. This time around, Geekvape has come back to the pod market with a waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof pod system. Unless you have been living under a rock, you know that the Aegis line of devices are generally pretty good and known for durability, but beyond that, they generally function well. Let’s see if this holds that same standard and get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Geekvape and Heavengifts for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET
  • 1 Aegis pod battery

• 1 3.5ml pod

• 2 - .6-ohm “G” coils

• USB-C charging cable

• Paperwork

Available in Black, Gunmetal, Silver, and Rainbow.

STOCK SHOT
XI7LCNd.jpg

PACKAGING
gZqUj7H.jpg

UNBOXED
U3I0Kkd.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 88.1mm x 40.3mm x 18mm

Battery: 800MAH BUILT-IN

Power Range: 40w constant output, non-selectable

Capacity: 3.5ml

Other features: Fire button operated

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

First off, this is a sharp looking device. With a smooth finish, rubberized edges, and soft leather wrap, it all comes together very nicely. The rubber portion adds some grip while the leather has a soft feel. One thing that jumps out beyond the look and feel is the shape. This one is a bit wider than other pods on the market, especially pods with just an 800mah battery. I assume this is larger because they are encapsulating everything more for that durability they are shooting for. It isn’t massive, but just a little odd in shape. It has a nice, solid feel though, and I love that in all my devices. I really don’t like them to be totally as light as a feather, because that just screams cheap. Based on looks, my anticipation to test this out grew a bit more than just seeing photos.

USEAGE

Let’s keep this short and just go top to bottom.

PODS

At the tip of the pod, you will find a wider pod with a wider mouthpiece. It isn’t that much different than something you would see on a Jester or EQ pod system, but with a little less duck bill shape. The pods are held very snugly, especially at first, so give it a yank and if you look at the bottom, you will see the base of the coil and a fill plug. To refill, simply pop the plug open and pour in. I found this to be a bit of a chore once liquid gets on this fill port, it tends to air lock and then spew liquid out as I fill it up. I made a lot of messes on refills and eventually just put my liquid in a metal needle tipped bottle and then it was smooth sailing.

COILS

Since this is more of an AIO than a pod, it has replaceable coils. These are press-fit into the base and held securely with o-rings. The coils that came in my kit are what they call Hybrid Mesh, and they have a resistance of .6-ohms. This mesh shape is more of an open net design instead of a tight mesh. I won’t speak on coil life because everybody vapes differently and we all use different liquids. However, I refilled mine 10 times and it finally started to taste off.

AIRFLOW

The airflow on the Aegis Pod is fixed and designed to be “leak resistant.” Air enters through the one side of the pod, to the base, through a few small holes, then into where the coil sits. This eliminates leaking around an open base and getting liquid all over inside the pod where the contacts sit. I never experienced any leaking, but if it were to happen, it would fill up the base of the coil first and eventually could work its way towards the air inlet. Like I said, I never saw this, but it could happen.

BATTERY

This device comes equipped with an 800mah battery/mod. 5 clicks of the fire button will turn the device on and off. It has no power adjustment, but has a constant output. This means that it will provide the same output throughout the level of the battery until it is dead. It has an LED built into the button to indicate battery level. The book botches this and says Green is at 70-100% then Red is at 0-69%. It has blue as well, and based on use I would say the following.

• Green - 70-100%

• Blue - 30-69%

• Red - <30%

When it is time to charge, pop in the USB-C charging cable and wait roughly 40 minutes or so and it is charged up.

VAPING

This pod kit fires with a button, not inhale fired. Pressing the fire button ramps this thing up instantly with the .6-ohm G coils and it’s super satisfying. The vape is crackly, flavorful, and smooth. The draw, like I said before, is more of a restricted direct lung or loose MTL. I found it pleasing to use, but being a little tighter would have been nice.

PHOTO GALLERY

C8Qt4sJ.jpg

s9ZlRW5.jpg

LMau3c9.jpg

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FINAL THOUGHTS

So I kind of changed up how I did my review this time. It is kind of hard to really do a lot with a pod system, but it is what it is. In the end, what do I like and dislike about the Aegis Pod? Out of the gate, the most impressive aspect is styling and feel. I love how this looks, and the mixture of materials maintains that signature Aegis look and feel. Beyond that, the flavor I get off it is also very rewarding. I typically ran 12mg freebase or 25mg salts, and it worked well with both. The salts were more on the potent side, so that should be noted. I like how this uses the fire button, as it just works and I have no worries of an air switch failing. It doesn’t do anything to really impress me, but it isn’t a slouch either. Now onto some things I don’t like. Easily the most annoying part is the refill port. I found it to be greatly undersized and I made a mess EVERY time I refilled. The second con is the battery size. At 800 mah, I always got to about a half pod before it was low. That’s the reason I never even mentioned the excellent 3.5ml capacity, because with an 800mah battery, you don’t get to take advantage of that. You gotta charge, ya might as well refill at this point! During a work day, I did get to about the end of the day before needing the charge, but still… I get much better battery life from smaller devices. The last few cons are super minimal and many won’t care. One, the mouthpiece is pretty wide, so it won’t be for everyone and the last little con is the air flow. It is fixed, non-adjustable, and is a restricted lung inhale or loose MTL inhale.

Overall, I like this device quite a bit. I love the flavor it provides, love the look, and love the durability. However, refilling this is enough of a turn off for me to never care to use it. SImple as that. If you want it badly, get some metal needle tip bottles and have at it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? Nothing makes this stand out enough to care if it burned.

PROS
  • Good Flavor

• Has a durable, quality feel

• Waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof is pretty awesome for those that are hard on stuff

• Looks great in my opinion

• USB-C charging cable for the win

• Never experienced any leaking through the life of two coils

CONS
  • Tiny refill port is super annoying and messy

• Non-adjustable airflow

• Airflow is more of a restricted direct lung

• Wide mouthpiece may be too wide for some

Thank you everyone and thank you to Heavengifts and Geekvape for sending this my way for review. These are listed for about $30 US or £25 for all of my followers in the UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors