Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - An RDA Review - The Dead Rabbit SE by Hellvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by to read another one of my reviews. Today I will be going over the Dead Rabbit SE RDA by Hellvape. This one is a bit odd to me. Basically, this is a re-release of the Dead Rabbit V2, but with plastic caps. It keeps the price cheap and also is available in a kit with 4 caps for just a few bucks more. I reviewed the Dead Rabbit V2 recently, so some of this is a copy and paste, with my take on this re-release. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This was sent to me by Sourcemore for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Dead Rabbit V2 RDA

• 1 Clear Acrylic top cap

• 1 Bag of tools

• 1 Bag of spare parts (screws, o-rings, etc)

• 1 Squonk Pin

• 1 Regular Pin

• 1 STICKER!

• Paperwork

Available in clear, red, blue, and black individually, or as a kit with all four.

STOCK SHOT
QvTNLEe.jpg

PACKAGING
J2C4KvA.jpg

OUT OF BOX
4JGdfQ0.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Here we go again, back at it with another Dead Rabbit product. Not going to sugar coat it. This is a Dead Rabbit V2 build deck with plastic caps that are made for side airflow. Yep, that’s what this is. It’s cheaper, and vapes different from other Dead Rabbit RDAs. Comes in the typical Hellvape packaging with tools, spares, squonk pin, and regular pin.

BUILD DECK - Copy and pasted from Dead Rabbit V2 review

As I just mentioned, the build deck is very similar to the original, but they added an angle to how they sit. The purpose of this is great accessibility to snip coil leads after they are inserted. It does help, but I still sniped my leads before dropping them in. Just like the original though, this is very easy to toss a coil in. I like to keep 1-2mm of space between the coil and the deck, as this positions the build in the middle of where air flow comes in. This is one of the more simple decks to work with for a beginner, so I give them props for that

Wicking is nothing too crazy either. Sure, the wicks must be longer since the deck raises the coil way off the base, but it is what it is. I like to strum through my cotton to ensure all fibers are in a linear form. From that point, I snip them so they remain ½-1mm off the base, just tucked under the outer lip of the deck. I never have issues with dripping or squonking this way and it keeps up with mechanical vaping or running at 80-90w.

AIR FLOW

Airflow is actually a big change with this. The Dead Rabbits calling card was top airflow angling down towards the coils. This did a few things. It made it tough to overdrip, blew hot vapor in your face if you purge, and only hit the upper half of the coil. This has been tweaked in the Drop Dead and DR V2 to be smoother, but now we are throwing all of that out the window. The plastic caps are basically straight side airflow, non-adjustable ovals. They are positioned decent enough, but side airflow like this was a thing 4-5 years ago.

PHOTO GALLERY

6Wg1IhH.jpg

1U1R2VG.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Let’s just hit the basics. It’s a re-release of the Dead Rabbit V2 but with plastic top caps. I have nothing against the Dead Rabbit V2. It’s honestly the best Dead Rabbit product, but I feel like these caps should just be an optional thing to buy on top of the Dead Rabbit V2, rather than marketing it as something totally new. The only saving grace for this one is for those who want a cheap RDA with some matchy matchy caps. For $13.89 from Sourcemore, you can get the full kit with all 4 top caps. I think this is a good deal at that price, and it does vape well enough to be worth it. I was actually surprised at how well this vaped. I ran mine at 85-90 watts with fused clapton for the most part, and the airflow position is right on for good flavor. Even though the top cap is plastic, it isn’t terrible for draw either. Yeah, it sucks that it isn’t adjustable at all, but for the price it is kind of expected. Entire thing still seems like a silly re-release of the Dead Rabbit V2, riding the coattails of one of the most popular RDAs of all time, and cashing a check. It works, just not sure it needed to be released. But hey! It’s cheap at least!

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? I would. It is my favorite RDA of the Dead Rabbit series and works well enough to keep it in my collection.

PROS

• Easy to build

• 4-color kit is kind of neat for matching up with mods

• Flavor is actually damn good

• Cheap price tag

CONS

• Wicking relies heavily on capillary action, which is most noticeable when squonking

• Heathen only comes out of the woodwork to toot his own horn with new products

• Airflow is not adjustable

• Top caps are cheap plastic

• Drip tip size is molded to the top cap

Thank you everyone for stopping by and thank you to Sourcemore for sending this my way for review. They have the single kit listed for $11.39 (£8.90 UK) and the 4-cap kit for $13.89 (£10.86 UK). Decent RDA for that low price, no joke.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors