Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave No Longer Delivers - Summaries of Final Products I Handled

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello every. For those who may have caught this through a sale post or through forums, I am no longer vaping. I wanted to come right out and tell all of my avid readers what's going on right away.About 7 months ago, I was officially diagnosed with Achlasia after having several tests done. This is a throat condition which inhibits the throat from proper function. This most likely was caused by a fall virus that triggered something within my autoimmune disease (psoriasis), which caused my body to attack the nervous tissue connecting the throat to my brain.

One thing I do want to point out is that vaping did not cause my problems. However, it did not help either. I found that some flavorings caused swelling in my throat, which only made my condition worse. I even found that at some point, some flavorings or brands of liquids even caused massive joint paint an cramping (Anything by Jam Monster). This too was correlated to my autoimmune disease.

After speaking to my doctor, we decided maybe we should try to quit vaping and see what happens. I am now 16 days basically vape free. I have had a couple of puffs here and there, but am officially over the cravings. I don't "need" it anymore and it was actually very easy. One thing I did was sold off all of my devices. Looking at all of the great hardware I had made me desire it so much more. I am still getting products in for review, and have a few that I tested for a little before quitting. However, I am done with reviews. I may post a couple of products that I used before quitting, but I just can't get into it or even care to discuss how something vapes when I am trying my hardest to keep vaping out of my head.

TLDR - Throat doesn't work. Doc and I decided to try to stop vaping, now I am no longer addicted.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
That being said, I am giving some hard and fast Pizza Dave summaries of products I had my hands on.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
INNOKIN SCEPTRE - Totally badass pod system. The flavor is off the chain, it has a premium feel, and the battery lasts for days and days. One of the best systems I have tried in a long time. Flavor is even comparable to a calliburn.

ZQ VAPOR XTAL - This too is a top notch pod device. This one is just a tick behind the infamous Calliburn for flavor. Nice size, feels great, and it looks awesome too. Draw activated fire sometimes was finicky, so I button fired it more often than not.

ZQ VAPOR VI 2 - This is more of a small all in one with replaceable coils instead of fully replaceable pods. Very similar vape to the Xtal, but with a larger battery. No major complaints, but it feels a bit cheap.

VAPORESSO XROS - Vaporesso too is diving into the pod/AIO game again. This one has everything you will want in a pod kit to be honest. Love the exposed, clear pod for viewing liquid level. It has adjustable airflow, refills like a calliburn, and has great flavor. Top it off with a solid feeling battery that has decent life and you have a winner. Great kit to snag here.

There honestly isn't a bad pod in this bunch. They all work very good. Innokin has a premium kit in the Sceptre, and Vaporesso did well too. ZQ Vapor, a newcomer is coming in strong.

VAPEFLY KRIEMHELDE - Sourcemore sent this one for me to check out. I had zero interest, but it quickly turned into a favorite. If you are shopping for a sub-ohm tank, just do it. It looks amazing, never had leaking issues, and the flavor is top notch. Stock up on coils and just enjoy the thing! Simply awesome.

DOVPO ODIN 100 - I received this one yesterday. It's the same thing as the Odin Mini, but with their own chip. It has a color screen though, making this obviously some sort of new chip from them. I really loved the Odin Mini, and if I wasn't quitting, this would be one of my favorites as well. It is a solid feeling device, but cheaper for those who don't need a DNA chip!

RINCOE MANTO BEAST RDA KIT - TRASH!!!! Sorry Rincoe, but I didn't give this a fair shake. It looks just like a Dovpo MVVII, but it feels like a piece of shit. Lightweight, cheap.. almost scary to attempt to vape. The RDA is a basic side airflow 2 post that would have fit in back in 2015. Don't buy this.

RINCOE MANTO MAX AIO - Whoa...an AIO like this? This is a dual 18650 pod kit that maxes out at 228w. Yeah... it's a bit nuts, but hey, this is where we are. If I wasn't done, I would gladly give this a fair shake. It feels solidly built and looks nice too. As a bonus, the pod lots down solidly.

KIZOKU UNLIMIT RTA - Another product that is super neat, and I would have been excited to try. The model I have is flat black and looks amazing, and was sent to me by Heavengifts. It has a quick detach base, so accessing the build deck is fast. It basically is bottom airflow, side airflow, and has a simple postless deck. It looks interesting and I would strongly suggest viewing some other reviews once out to check into it!

Alright people.... that's all I've got! Thank you all for your support throughout the 3 years and 300+ reviews. It has been fun!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck to ya Dave.

I have always had problems with most commercial ejuice and flavorings.
Serious oral, throat and lung irritation and swelling.
Why I was DIY very soon after switching to vaping. Could only find a couple of Chinese tobacco gas station ejuice that I could vape until DIY.
Tossed 80+ % of the flavoring I tried in DIY because of this issue. No known allergies and can ingest the flavoring just not vape em.

Hang in there and happy trails to ya.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man I really hate to hear this with vaping being such a passion. I'm glad quiting wasn't too bad. I'm glad you figured out some things and hope all gets better. Thanks for all the reviews.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Always liked your unbiased reviews. I still go back and read some of the older ones. Psoriasis sucks, I've had it since I was 18. All those creams, ointments and tar shampoos that only gave mediocre results. I finally found something that put it at bay and it wasn't prescribed by a doctor. Read about it in a old book my mom had called Folk Medicine. Apple cider vinegar!! One shot glass in a glass of water every day. It changes your body and skin chemistry to acidic based. I don't know if you could handle it or not with your throat being invaded . My psoriasis was only on my skin.
Shoot me a pm if you want to hear more about it. My twin brother had it bad too and the apple cider vinegar worked for him also. I'm not making this shit up !

Last edited:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Always liked your unbiased reviews. I still go back and read some of the older ones. Psoriasis sucks, I've had it since I was 18. All those creams, ointments and tar shampoos that only gave mediocre results. I finally found something that put it at bay and it wasn't prescribed by a doctor. Read about it in a old book my mom had called Vermont Folklore Remedies. Apple cider vinegar!! One shot glass in a glass of water every day. It changes your body and skin chemistry to acidic based. I don't know if you could handle it or not with your throat being invaded . My psoriasis was only on my skin.
Shoot me a pm if you want to hear more about it. My twin brother had it bad too and the apple cider vinegar worked for him also. I'm not making this shit up !
Works for lowering blood sugar too. My sugar gets high at times for the past 20 years and the Apple Cider vinegar and Lemon juice knocks it right back down along with a little exercise.
I don't take any meds for it ( although doctors say i should) and don't plan to. Why should i when this little remedy works just fine!
And @pizzadave80 , Good luck to you on your journey. Going to miss your reviews. Take care!

VU Sponsors