Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - A Kit Review - The Stick VPC by iJoy

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Stick VPC by iJoy. This compact 1100mah device utilizes iJoy’s UNIPOD 1.6ml refillable pods but is also compatible with JUUL or possibly other pods (didn’t have others to try) via an adapter. This has been done before in other VPC kits by the company, and I find it to be a great option if pods are not yet available for this specific device. Let’s dive down, see how this one vapes, and as always, I will see you down at the bottom for my final thoughts.

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Ave40 for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Stick VPC battery
  • 1 UNIPOD 1.6ml pod
  • 1 USB charging cable
  • 1 Pod adapter
  • 1 Manual
  • 1 Warranty card / vaping safety manual

Available Blue, Black, White, Red, and Rainbow.

STOCK SHOT
OrsUZdV.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
jJ26Hzw.jpg

OUT OF BOX
pouk6tX.jpg

OPERATION

DISCLAIMER: My device did not come with a manual like the iJoy site suggests, so I pretty much had to wing it and go off the basics of their site.

Like many devices on the market, the Stick VPC is turned on and off with 5 clicks of the fire button. It uses this fire button to vape, as it is not an inhale fired device. There is an LED on the fire button which will flash to indicate fault conditions and low battery. This LED also illuminates while charging and flashes red during the charge and turns green when fully charged. The only con to this LED system is, like many other companies, all it shows is a nice bluish light when vaping, then flashes red when the battery is low. There is no indication to represent less than 50% or so, which always gives me battery anxiety not knowing how much is left. Other than these few things there isn’t much more you need to know about operation. Simple, and easy to figure out, which is good enough for me.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

jTt6jpc.jpg

kVibfZz.jpg

YkFyCCM.jpg

a393xWj.jpg

PODS

The pods that come with this device are called UNIPODS. The reason for this name is because it works with the iJoy pods, but also has an adapter for use with other pods on the market thanks to a rubber adapter. I have a picture above which shows it set up with a JUUL pod, and it works just fine on top. The pods that come with this device are not bad at all. Refilling is always hit and miss it seems. Some are messy, some are innovative, and some just work. I never had messy refills using smaller plastic tipped bottles, but I could see a mess happening with dropper bottles.

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

First off, it has a nice, smooth draw. It is a little looser than some of the inhale to fire pod systems, but I like the draw thoroughly. The next thing I noticed was the wicking kept up even when chain vaping it heavily on 70/30 e-liquid, which is also a pro. The only thing it lacks on a little is flavor. It isn’t terrible by any means, but it falls short of some of my favorite pod systems released this year. One nice thing about this pod system is the size and comfort. It is very compact and comfortable to use (love that rounded bottom), but it also packs in a decent sized battery, which is my next pro. I vaped this for two days of work before it finally gave me a flashing red light part way through day 2. I went through about 1 pod a day without the need to refill until I got home, so that’s always a bonus. Another pro is the fact that the adapter that comes with this allows you to use JUUL or Phix pods as well. This is a nice option since JUUL pods (for now) are available all over the place, so there is always an option to keep on vaping even if you can’t buy their own pods in time. This also gives JUUL pod users a battery size which is about equal to 5 JUUL batteries as well. So, it has a handful of good pros, but let’s see how the cons stack against it. The first con is flavor. There are better pod systems out there for flavor, but this isn’t too far off from them. Another con is the lack of battery indication beyond good, and low. I like when there is some indication to show at least a 50% mark or so, which dictates if I will grab this on the go or be left with a dead battery when I am out and about. The last con is the USB cable. It’s like 2 inches long, which just isn’t enough to let the mod sit right in a decent way while charging. Overall, I can say that I like what iJoy did with this one. It is easy to use, has good battery life, and provides a satisfying vape while maintaining a compact cylindrical shape which many may find more appealing. It also has some nice color options too. I can safely recommend this one for someone that is looking to kick the stinkies and start vaping.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? Probably not, as there are a few other pod systems that edge this one out in my opinion.

PROS

• Good battery life
  • Nice color options
  • Affordable
  • Compatible with JUUL pods

CONS

• No “real time” battery indication
  • Flavor is beat out by other pods on the market
  • USB cable is too short
*******Mine didn’t come with a manual, but HOPEFULLY retail does as I see this being made for new vapors that might not know the basic functions that people who have vaped other devices already know.

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Ave40 for sending it my way for review. I am finding this listed online for $25-30-ish. Ave 40 has it listed for $21.24.

Also, use code PD15 for 15% from Ave40

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors