Become a Patron!

Please Help just don't want to blow myself up

Hi, I decided to give up smoking 6 months ago and brought myself a pre made shish pipe with concealed battery compartment now 6 months on I am on my 6th battery so have decided to go ahead and order some bits. And after reading horror stories every where am very nervous about proceeding and just reselling the bits I have brought can anyone tell me from the list below if I put all this together will it be safe. I have read up and think I have the jist but need help from someone a bit more experienced to give me the ok the list of bits I have purchased are below.

1 cherry bomber clone (have read about the short issue after I ordered, hoping to upgrade to the 200w tesla if all goes wells)
2x efest 18650 3000mah 35a 3.7v high drain
1 x uwel crown 22mm top refilling atomizer (prefer a tank)
1 pack of uwel crown replacement coils 0.5ohm

If someone could advise that would be great thanks very much in advance

Rob (currently with 2 eyes and all fingers)

Ps new to the forum be gentle with me and sorry if this post is in the wrong place

Hi, I decided to give up smoking 6 months ago and brought myself a pre made shish pipe with concealed battery compartment now 6 months on I am on my 6th battery so have decided to go ahead and order some bits. And after reading horror stories every where am very nervous about proceeding and just reselling the bits I have brought can anyone tell me from the list below if I put all this together will it be safe. I have read up and think I have the jist but need help from someone a bit more experienced to give me the ok the list of bits I have purchased are below.

1 cherry bomber clone (have read about the short issue after I ordered, hoping to upgrade to the 200w tesla if all goes wells)
2x efest 18650 3000mah 35a 3.7v high drain
1 x uwel crown 22mm top refilling atomizer (prefer a tank)
1 pack of uwel crown replacement coils 0.5ohm pre made

If someone could advise that would be great thanks very much in advance

Rob (currently with 2 eyes and all fingers)

Ps new to the forum be gentle with me and sorry if this post is in the wrong place

Any suggestions wally, on make you could advise on, not liking the idea of the clone due to the stories anyway,

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why don't you just buy a regular mod and stay away from Mechanical mods (Problem solved)
Absolutely no offense whatsoever to the OP; but how and, more importantly, why are noobs getting cheap shady mechs and tanks?

Everyone you see with eyes, fingers, teeth, and bits of jawbone missing in the news are noobs who bought cheap mechs, shitty batteries, and some form of sub-tank. I'm not saying you can't fire a sub-tank on a mech, but slapping a .25 ohm coil tank on a crappy mech with fest/fire batteries is a recipe for disaster; even if you have an understanding of Ohm's law and battery MAH, max and constant current limits.

+1000 Wally. Get a regulated mod, some 25Rs or HG2s and keep the Crown.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just get you a lower powered mod like I stick 60tc very easy to use! what ever. A good Tank crown, melo2 or something similar. Sit back and enjoy and learn. Beware of a lot of the B&Ms that try to sell you anything to make a buck. I hate it when they try to sell you something complicated knowing you just started which will just confuse you to going back to smoking. Sit back and take your time and learn after all I'm sure you have smoked many years so you will have to the time to learn and keep it as simple as you can till you get the hang of it. Nothing wrong with a ego with a small tank to start out on.

Thanks for the help guys, can be quite daunting buying your first and I'm sure I'm not the first or last to buy wrong, so just to recap what I will do now sell the shitty batts change them to Samsung 25rs keep the crown and coils and destroy the cherry bomber with a hammer. Replace that with ELEAF istick TC60W + Melo 2 Starter kit

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are a ton of well made, inexpensive mods out there. Look into Sigelei's product line for something that catches your eye. Eleaf's Istick line also has some good products. I'd stay away from Smoktech, but that's just me. The Wismec Reuleaux RX200 is also a good product, though it requires 3 batteries.

As for batteries, Samsung 25r and LG HG2/4 are very good. Check out liionwholesale.com. They have excellent prices on real batteries. Just avoid the efests. They're crap.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The problem with efests are they are rewrapped.
Some are known to be decent 20 amp hogh drain batteries dressed up as 35 amp batteries and some are known to be shitty 10 amp batteries dressed up as 35 amp batteries.
It's too complicated for an advanced user to waste their time on so it's going to be worse for the new vaper.
That and the fact that the clown at the B&M who got burned into buying 500 of the 10amp ones will swear up and down they are good in order to get rid of them.

xibilius

Member For 4 Years
What is actually the range price you're interested in ?
I'm a Kanger fan so i'll recommend a subox mini v2
or if you're into high power, just get a kanger subtank v2 with less leak & multiple air flow control and an i-stick eleaf, maybe the 40 or 50W
All of this together should cost you around 50 to 80 €
and you will be happy for quite a long time in my opinion :)

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Absolutely no offense whatsoever to the OP; but how and, more importantly, why are noobs getting cheap shady mechs and tanks?

Everyone you see with eyes, fingers, teeth, and bits of jawbone missing in the news are noobs who bought cheap mechs, shitty batteries, and some form of sub-tank. I'm not saying you can't fire a sub-tank on a mech, but slapping a .25 ohm coil tank on a crappy mech with fest/fire batteries is a recipe for disaster; even if you have an understanding of Ohm's law and battery MAH, max and constant current limits.

+1000 Wally. Get a regulated mod, some 25Rs or HG2s and keep the Crown.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
Id say 99% of news are from users using hybrid caps...

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors