Become a Patron!

Please help, Terrible burnt taste nothing working

xRelapse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys. I recently got an mvp 20w, and I ordered the kanger sub tank and got it today. I know I can't use the .5 ohm coil, I'm using the 1.2 one. It just tastes terrible. I looked up how to prime it, and I primed it and it still tastes horrible. Although when I look inside the atomizer, there isn't cotton inside and I don't think the (coil?) is in there either. I'm not really sure as to what a coil is, my roommate thinks it's a different thing than me. I just thought it was the thing you wrap around the cotton. But whatever, I don't think the cotton or metal thing is in there. Should I put it in there? Thanks.

xRelapse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok never mind there is cotton in there. I don't get why it's not working it should be..

xRelapse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And yes it looks like that just 1.2 ohms instead of .5

xRelapse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello. I do smoke but I didn't get a vape to help me stop smoking.

xRelapse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nah it's all good. Some of my friends have vapes and it's pretty cool and I just wanted one lol.

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
What wattage / voltage do you have set?

xRelapse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's my Facebook picture. It's from a while ago im 18 now can someone please help

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It's my Facebook picture. It's from a while ago im 18 now can someone please help

Please explain why your member profile says you are 35?

And just so you know, the mods and admins here can look over any changes you make after the fact.

Just saying.........................

xRelapse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I put the wrong age I guess. On my Facebook it says that picture is like from 3 years ago. I go to SUNY Albany upstate NY first year. I'm 18

xRelapse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just want my vape to work. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.. I assure you I am over age.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sorry, gotta ask, looking at my keyboard, how can you miss numbers so very badly when you hit them to get from 18 to 35?

Hell, even when I was a "Frat Rat" back in the day, I never came even close to being that messed up.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Could be a bum coil. 13W on a 1.2Ω should be good, if not a bit on the light side. (I'm currently hitting a 1.5Ω GS Air coil with 14W and getting excellent vapes with a 70/30 juice.)

What kind of e-liquid? For that head you probably need a 70/30, or 50/50, at most, if it's typical of supra-ohm coil pre-made heads.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
airflow is also a factor of pg/vg ratio

xRelapse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I put a random age because I wanted help fast man sorry.

And I'm using 50/50 juice. I've tried everything to get this to work I don't understand why they would send me a burnt coil..

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Please explain why your member profile says you are 35?

And just so you know, the mods and admins here can look over any changes you make after the fact.

Just saying.........................
Hmm. Ok. not buying it,not you UncleGrouchie, but the young lad's explanation. 35yo, no. 18, No. My IMHO.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
start low and work your way up with wattage and the taste could even be not allow the new coil time to saturate . or even hitting it to often

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Although when I look inside the atomizer, there isn't cotton inside and I don't think the (coil?) I don't think the cotton or metal thing is in there. Should I put it in there? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you're like 14 but anyway. You wouldn't get any vapor at all if this is the case.

The coil you have could be a clone. Re-prime and fire it for a few seconds.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
OK, xRelapse..........

You done been busted and you have been voted off the Island.

Before you leave, I would advise you to stop smoking or vaping as either activity is illegal for someone who we STRONGLY SUSPECT IS UNDERAGE for either activity!

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you push the button at all before you primed it or put juice in it? If you did then that ruined the coil right away. Another thing, try washing it. Kanger tech is usually pretty clean but it is always a good idea to clean the parts ( not the coils) when you get new gear.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors