Become a Patron!

Please recommend a 26/32 clapton wire build for my Velocity Mini

mkhilario

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 26/32 clapton wire, Tobeco Velocity Mini, and iStick 100W.

I would like a flavor build with a slightly warm (definitely not hot) vape. Your suggestions would be appreciated. I don't need a specific wrap count, just recommendations on ohms, coil diameter, spacing and wattage range.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have 26/32 clapton wire, Tobeco Velocity Mini, and iStick 100W.

I would like a flavor build with a slightly warm (definitely not hot) vape. Your suggestions would be appreciated. I don't need a specific wrap count, just recommendations on ohms, coil diameter, spacing and wattage range.
Dual Vertical 6 Wraps Coils, or 6-8 Wrap Quad Coils...The chamber on the Velocity is massive and its hard to make it a warm vape without closing it almost completely down...
My Examples:
20151208_114509-jpg.35244
20151120_160503-jpg.34146

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run dual 3mm 5 wrap coils which run about .35ohms and at 70'ish watts. I run the top holes open and the "mouth" a little less than half way. It's a great mod because there are so many airflow options to tweak your builds. Once in a while I'll open it up most of the way and run it at 125-150 just because. It gets warm and chucks some clouds, but still not hot IMO.

Das Bund

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dual Clapton 6 wrap 2.5mm gives me 0.40 ohms and vapes great in my Velocity mini. I run it from 50w-65w depending on how warm and how much vapor I want.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My Velocity Build for Today :D:p:oops:
Core: 2x26K/52N60 Fused Clapton, Framed with 22K and Wrapped in 40N80 ( 5 Wraps @ .11 Ohms)
20151219_145926-jpg.36096
20151219_145947-jpg.36092

mkhilario

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dual Clapton 6 wrap 2.5mm gives me 0.40 ohms and vapes great in my Velocity mini. I run it from 50w-65w depending on how warm and how much vapor I want.

Do you deliberately space your claptons at all? I only had previous success when creating a tiny space between the wraps. I just jam my thumbnail between each wrap around the circumference, no stretching motion at all. Then I don't pinch after a careful install; just a few strums with a screwdriver.

Last edited:

TogaJon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
_iF-wylyYc

2 x Ribbon Clapton, comes in around 0.2 and you will get them producing at around 90 watts+

mkhilario

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's no way I could imagine myself vaping a 0.2 ohm build on anything but a mech.

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Velocity Build for Today :D:p:oops:
Core: 2x26K/52N60 Fused Clapton, Framed with 22K and Wrapped in 40N80 ( 5 Wraps @ .11 Ohms)
20151219_145926-jpg.36096
20151219_145947-jpg.36092

Hey Raymo. I want to get some "pre-made" coils. Claptons, Aliens etc. I know you build your own, but do you know of a
reliable source for quality exotic builds? I see a few out there like "Thunderhead Creations" for one.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey Raymo. I want to get some "pre-made" coils. Claptons, Aliens etc. I know you build your own, but do you know of a
reliable source for quality exotic builds? I see a few out there like "Thunderhead Creations" for one.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Purecoils.com is a site by a fellow coil builder on the forum CrazyChef. Ive received a few of his coils when Ive felt to lazy to build myself and they are always flawless and made with diligence, time and effort. If you know what goes into making some of thew wire then you will know some of the coils are much more difficult to create and thats why people charge what they do, not to mention even the tiniest coils require alot of wire and if theres even one flaw it needs to be remade until its perfect.
Here's the coils I have gotten from Chef:
20160216_163202.jpg 20160216_163228.jpg

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the reference. Just after posting I found the link to Purecoil. For sure will give them a try. Prices are a bit out of my
cape budget, but the quality looks worth it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the reference. Just after posting I found the link to Purecoil. For sure will give them a try. Prices are a bit out of my
cape budget, but the quality looks worth it.
His prices are about average (compared to other sites) and some coils cost more then others. The coils are good for months after getting them all set up if you maintain them, dryburn and rewick every few days and you will have yourself a great set up that you wont need to replace like a single strand or parallel build. These larger builds can take alot of abused and show very little wear on them.

I have a tobeco velocity (not mini) and I've had these coils in for over 2 months. So far my favorite set up. Dual 26/32 k Claptons 4/5 wrap 3mm ID verticals. Reads .36 on my sig 150 :)

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Raymo and dogg. Glad to hear about the longevity of multi material coils.
I had some idea that mixing two or even three types of wire would create some issues both with safety and durability.

pippin65

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wondering why they call it clapton wire. Any relation to the guitarist?

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes - because it looks like guitar wire.

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Parallel that Clapton wire around a 2.5mm ID, 5 wraps parallel (mimicing a dual 10 wrap) Cannot beat the surface area you get from this setup, and the flavor you get from that much clapton is just....silly.... Dual coil will ohm out around 0.17-0.18. GREAT Vape. Not hot, but warm, DENSE CLOUDS. Vape it around 60-75W, depending on how warm you want it. Cheers!

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Apologies for the necropost, any tips for someone set on making their own for the first time?
There is device out that will basically clapton your wire for you...it makes it about as ezpz what a sleezy as you can go.... http://www.coil-master.net/product/coil-master-314

There is another device out that comes with a 18650 powered drill, but the name of it is slipping my brain right now....There are a couple reviews of it on youtube...I know for a fact that Big Lou East Coast Vape has a video of it on his channel, check it out!

CHEERS!

Calikid

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn I absolutely love those large wicking ports !!! That's RAD dude !

Dual Vertical 6 Wraps Coils, or 6-8 Wrap Quad Coils...The chamber on the Velocity is massive and its hard to make it a warm vape without closing it almost completely down...
My Examples:
My Examples:

VU Sponsors