Become a Patron!

plume plus dna 30

Randy Mullins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey all Thanks to other post on here i decided to give dripping a go and the plume veil was the unit I chose to purchase. Mostly based off rip trippers videos lol.
Anyway I'll be using a dna 30 box and I'm interested in how do I build a coil that will utilize the device. I've got some 28 ga wire coming but I can pick up something else from my local vape shop if needed

thanks in advance and stay smoke free

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK so many coil options, I honestly suggest cutting your teeth on a plane ole 5-6 wrap macro. Is easy, works well and gives you a nice solid basic understanding of coil wrapping.
If you do not have them pick up 3/32 and 5/64 drill bits they are cheap, it is what you will be rolling on.
If your hands and fingers are an issue 101vapes and other places have coil jigs you can buy,

Randy Mullins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
al right sounds good what about my juice..I need to order some...right now i'm using a 70/30 pg vg blend at 12 mg of nic in my nautilius mini. It is barely giving me the tickle in the back of my throat. The whole idea of me moving to a dripper is so I can get a warmer vape and start cutting my nic down more. I used a friends hades clone with a dripper and he had a zero nic juice and the flavor was crazy good with a nice throat hit from the warmth. He did have a .18 ohm build which I cant do on a dna 30. I know juice is subjective but whats a good starting place to try.

thanks all

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
al right sounds good what about my juice..I need to order some...right now i'm using a 70/30 pg vg blend at 12 mg of nic in my nautilius mini. It is barely giving me the tickle in the back of my throat. The whole idea of me moving to a dripper is so I can get a warmer vape and start cutting my nic down more. I used a friends hades clone with a dripper and he had a zero nic juice and the flavor was crazy good with a nice throat hit from the warmth. He did have a .18 ohm build which I cant do on a dna 30. I know juice is subjective but whats a good starting place to try.

thanks all

Randy
GOOD YOU JUMP ON THE DRIPPING BAND WAGON...
FIRST OF ALL you have to make sure u are using the CORRECT battery.... SONY VTC4-5....
I don't normally drip on 28 gauge its not to thick and warm for me!!
I suggest do a parallel single coil 7 wraps on the screw driver that came with ur plume veil!!
adjust ur atty to single coil configuration to start with, cuz dual coil is intense!!
NICOTINE FROM 12MG TANK SYSTEM is not the same when dripping!!
I suggest purchase a 6mg or 3mg e-liquid, don't drop to zero to quick ur just gonna end up going back to 12mg in a tank system...... EJUICE? there's a lot of vendors out there, but if you go 100%vg 90/10,80/20/70/30,60/40 go get a 6mg nicotine..
50/50 pg ejuice,get a 3mg Nic, the higher the pg the greater the throat hit! If you want some clouds with a decent throat hit CHECK UPNVAPE DOT COM,JUICE MAFIA..
IF you want flavor with a decent throat hit then purchase from the ones I mentioned... IMO

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Picking your preferred juice is not what i would be worrying about , choose whatever you want and experiment. Proper wicking and coil building is what you need to concentrate on , your comment below surprised me :

Anyway I'll be using a dna 30 box and I'm interested in how do I build a coil that will utilize the device. I've got some 28 ga wire coming

Practice practice and practice some more until you get it down and are satisfied , 28 gauge is perfect for a DNA 30 device and most dripper's (my favorite gauge by far) .

For starting out i recommend building coils on 7/64 or even 1/8 size drill bits since you will find it much easier to re wick , 1/8 is a large diameter coil but if you have the power to light it up fast you will find it very easy to work with. For drippers with a single coil setup i sometimes go that big but with dual coils no way .

BigNasy's recommendation of 3/32 or 5/64 is far better when space is at a premium. Pick up some Rayon and use that for wicking , it last and last and stays in good shape far longer than cotton.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Picking your preferred juice is not what i would be worrying about , choose whatever you want and experiment. Proper wicking and coil building is what you need to concentrate on , your comment below surprised me :

Practice practice and practice some more until you get it down and are satisfied , 28 gauge is perfect for a DNA 30 device and most dripper's (my favorite gauge by far) .

For starting out i recommend building coils on 7/64 or even 1/8 size drill bits since you will find it much easier to re wick , 1/8 is a large diameter coil but if you have the power to light it up fast you will find it very easy to work with. For drippers with a single coil setup i sometimes go that big but with dual coils no way .

BigNasy's recommendation of 3/32 or 5/64 is far better when space is at a premium. Pick up some Rayon and use that for wicking , it last and last and stays in good shape far longer than cotton.

28 ga is middle of the road and easy to work with.

chris damron

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a couple plume veils, one of which I exclusively use on my vaporshark dna30. I keep it right around/above 1 ohm using a single coil. Just a basic 28g micro coil works wonders, it seems that simple coils work best with DNA mods. My all time favorite with this setup is a single twisted 28g micro coil at 1.2 ohms. It's great for taking long tasty pulls. 26g also works well but anything thicker than that tends to bring me below 1 ohm, and I don't see the point in sub ohming with only 30 watts of power. Just remember that your resistance is going to determine the way your voltage is regulated, and with slightly higher ohms you are going to be able to utilize the power that a DNA board can put out. The only benefit I can see from running a 0.5 ohm coil on a DNA would be consistency since you would be firing at around the same voltage as a mech but without the drop off

Randy Mullins

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
great advice all. I knew you guys with more experience would keep me straight. I've built coils for my kayfun but not getting that nice warm vape that i got off the setup i tested at the shop. I'll be testing when the unit gets here this week. I was just looking for a good starting place so i can get something built and get vaping on my new tank. I've researched a bit and some ppl say to keep the coil at a higher ohm to use more voltage on a dna but other ppl still build down to a .5 ohm. Thats why you guys are my go to when I need some info.
Thanks again. any other info always welcome

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
28 ga is middle of the road and easy to work with.

Thats why it's my favorite , not too thick and not too thin . Even 30 gauge breaks way too easy for me.

great advice all. I knew you guys with more experience would keep me straight. I've built coils for my kayfun but not getting that nice warm vape that i got off the setup i tested at the shop. I'll be testing when the unit gets here this week. I was just looking for a good starting place so i can get something built and get vaping on my new tank. I've researched a bit and some ppl say to keep the coil at a higher ohm to use more voltage on a dna but other ppl still build down to a .5 ohm. Thats why you guys are my go to when I need some info.
Thanks again. any other info always welcome

Yeah , i like a cooler vape , not really cool but definitely not overly warm , seems i get better flavor but this is why vaping is all personal preference and someone else's vape is rarely going to be your exact preference.

I have a couple plume veils, one of which I exclusively use on my vaporshark dna30. I keep it right around/above 1 ohm using a single coil. Just a basic 28g micro coil works wonders, it seems that simple coils work best with DNA mods. My all time favorite with this setup is a single twisted 28g micro coil at 1.2 ohms. It's great for taking long tasty pulls. 26g also works well but anything thicker than that tends to bring me below 1 ohm, and I don't see the point in sub ohming with only 30 watts of power. Just remember that your resistance is going to determine the way your voltage is regulated, and with slightly higher ohms you are going to be able to utilize the power that a DNA board can put out. The only benefit I can see from running a 0.5 ohm coil on a DNA would be consistency since you would be firing at around the same voltage as a mech but without the drop off

Yeah , i agree , many make a lot more advanced coils, (and so have i ), but in the end i am not convinced they provide a better vape experience than just a basic coil wicked right . I have tried to distinguish a worthwhile difference but it's just not happening.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Randy
GOOD YOU JUMP ON THE DRIPPING BAND WAGON...
FIRST OF ALL you have to make sure u are using the CORRECT battery.... SONY VTC4-5....
I don't normally drip on 28 gauge its not to thick and warm for me!!
I suggest do a parallel single coil 7 wraps on the screw driver that came with ur plume veil!!
adjust ur atty to single coil configuration to start with, cuz dual coil is intense!!
NICOTINE FROM 12MG TANK SYSTEM is not the same when dripping!!
I suggest purchase a 6mg or 3mg e-liquid, don't drop to zero to quick ur just gonna end up going back to 12mg in a tank system...... EJUICE? there's a lot of vendors out there, but if you go 100%vg 90/10,80/20/70/30,60/40 go get a 6mg nicotine..
50/50 pg ejuice,get a 3mg Nic, the higher the pg the greater the throat hit! If you want some clouds with a decent throat hit CHECK UPNVAPE DOT COM,JUICE MAFIA..
IF you want flavor with a decent throat hit then purchase from the ones I mentioned... IMO
He's giving dripping a go, it's baby steps. It's his decision & help from vapers!!!

Bassman333

Member For 4 Years
Switching to a dripper is going to give you a better throat kick no matter what! Especially with a DNA30, do a .4 ohm build and crank that bitch up to 30W! I built a good coil on my Tugboat that you could try. Dual 3/32 7wrap 26ga kanthal, about .52 ohm

I've found a dripper on the DNA30 responds better to a build in the 1.2-2.0Ω range personally. I usually do twin 12-wrap nano's with 30ga.

VU Sponsors