Become a Patron!

PMTA and DIY home juice

Burn

Member For 2 Years
How is the PMTA going to affect DIY juice making (Not anything for resale) just personal use?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
We've been discussing this off and on for well over a year. I think most of us believe that nicotine will be impacted more than any of the other components, but it really remains to be seen. I know many DIYers here have stocked up on multiple years' worth of nicotine in case it becomes unavailable, or it becomes so highly taxed that it's unaffordable.

Several of the flavors vendors have changed their company names to try to stay out of the "spotlight" that is on vaping. There may yet be a way for the government to regulate flavors used for DIY, but that's another thing we don't really know yet.

Vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol are used for many other purposes, so most likely will continue to be available. The question is at what cost, and whether one will need some sort of license to purchase.

Short answer? We won't know for sure until we know, and then it will be too late to react. So best to be proactive. Stockpile what you need.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's possible that nic will get taxed to high heaven, but I've not heard a date, or anything at all for that. VG and PG should be readily available since they have many other uses. Flavorings are food flavorings, so it depends where you get those. Some places sell them direct, while vape vendors that sell other vape related items could have a tougher time or just choose to shut down.

On the safe side, if you have the means to, stock up on nic now, because the tax they've mentioned could break you.

In other words, it's all bullshit what they're doing to us. Can't even try to quit smoking anymore. :(

Burn

Member For 2 Years
Thanks,

From what I have been reading I figured that would be the case but also figured there might be something I was missing. I am glad to hear there is not...at least not as of today.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We've been discussing this off and on for well over a year. I think most of us believe that nicotine will be impacted more than any of the other components, but it really remains to be seen. I know many DIYers here have stocked up on multiple years' worth of nicotine in case it becomes unavailable, or it becomes so highly taxed that it's unaffordable......

Short answer? We won't know for sure until we know, and then it will be too late to react. So best to be proactive. Stockpile what you need.

I got this email from Nic River Supply a couple days ago. TBH, I'm not really sure what a lot of these things are but their business has grown out of 2 different warehouses in the last 4 years.

This email sure seems optimistic.

I've met Grant. He's a youngster and very approachable. Y'all could probably call him and ask. You can bet he has a full and lawyerly understanding of pending regulations. Plus, he's in Cali where the regs are tough.

1598073088857.png

Good afternoon, I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. First, thank you for being a River Supply Co client. I appreciate all of you and wanted to reach out personally to give an update on the current status of River Supply Co.

I am proud to share that we have been busy pursuing all of our benchmarks, even in the face of these uncertain times, and have no plans to slow down. Below you will find what we have been up to, and what you can expect on the horizon.

We have completed the following actions:
  • Tobacco Master Files
  • Environmental Assessment
  • ISO 9001 Certification and follow up audits
  • cGMP Certification and follow up audits
  • Complying with all STAKE Act requirements
  • Complying with all Age Verification requirements
The following items are currently in process:
  • Drug Master Files (Two weeks away from completion.)
  • Nicotine Stability Study (First round will be in mid-September with results every quarter.)
  • Cleanroom expansion from 2,400 sq. ft to 3,840 sq. ft (Four weeks away from completion.)
  • Lab expansion, adding three more HPLC machines (Two weeks away from completion.)
  • ISO 17025 certificate to validate our testing methods (Eight weeks away from completion.)
Our goal is to be a supportive resource as much as a quality supplier. This effort is to ensure we are compliant on all levels and can help those making their way through PMTA’s. Please feel free to reach out if you need TMPF information for your application.

Thank you,

Grant Boatman
River Supply Co.
2535 Conejo Spectrum St., Newbury Park, California 91320, United States

[email protected]
http://riversupplyco.com

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We've been discussing this off and on for well over a year. I think most of us believe that nicotine will be impacted more than any of the other components, but it really remains to be seen. I know many DIYers here have stocked up on multiple years' worth of nicotine in case it becomes unavailable, or it becomes so highly taxed that it's unaffordable.

Several of the flavors vendors have changed their company names to try to stay out of the "spotlight" that is on vaping. There may yet be a way for the government to regulate flavors used for DIY, but that's another thing we don't really know yet.

Vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol are used for many other purposes, so most likely will continue to be available. The question is at what cost, and whether one will need some sort of license to purchase.

Yes pretty much this. And DIY products that are labeled as for use in vaping will be forbidden to be sold without PMTA approval. However flavorings not labelled as for use in vaping are not covered under the Deeming regs so should be fine as well as PG/VG.

I do expect that nicotine will be pretty much shut down at some point but for now it is still fine to be sold to consumers. My thought is that it's sale will at some point be restricted to licensed tobacco manufacturers.

There is still a nicotine tax bill or two floating around in congress that will raise the cost of 1 liter of 100 mg/ml nicotine to as much as $5,000.

Nicotine keeps well in a freezer....
I have enough for at least 20 years in mine.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got this email from Nic River Supply a couple days ago. TBH, I'm not really sure what a lot of these things are but their business has grown out of 2 different warehouses in the last 4 years.

This email sure seems optimistic.

I've met Grant. He's a youngster and very approachable. Y'all could probably call him and ask. You can bet he has a full and lawyerly understanding of pending regulations. Plus, he's in Cali where the regs are tough.

View attachment 167203

Good afternoon, I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. First, thank you for being a River Supply Co client. I appreciate all of you and wanted to reach out personally to give an update on the current status of River Supply Co.

I am proud to share that we have been busy pursuing all of our benchmarks, even in the face of these uncertain times, and have no plans to slow down. Below you will find what we have been up to, and what you can expect on the horizon.

We have completed the following actions:
  • Tobacco Master Files
  • Environmental Assessment
  • ISO 9001 Certification and follow up audits
  • cGMP Certification and follow up audits
  • Complying with all STAKE Act requirements
  • Complying with all Age Verification requirements
The following items are currently in process:
  • Drug Master Files (Two weeks away from completion.)
  • Nicotine Stability Study (First round will be in mid-September with results every quarter.)
  • Cleanroom expansion from 2,400 sq. ft to 3,840 sq. ft (Four weeks away from completion.)
  • Lab expansion, adding three more HPLC machines (Two weeks away from completion.)
  • ISO 17025 certificate to validate our testing methods (Eight weeks away from completion.)
Our goal is to be a supportive resource as much as a quality supplier. This effort is to ensure we are compliant on all levels and can help those making their way through PMTA’s. Please feel free to reach out if you need TMPF information for your application.

Thank you,

Grant Boatman
River Supply Co.
2535 Conejo Spectrum St., Newbury Park, California 91320, United States

[email protected]
http://riversupplyco.com
But then retailers are always optimistic right up until they shut down?

I agree no nic shutdown in the close future though.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's possible that nic will get taxed to high heaven, but I've not heard a date, or anything at all for that. VG and PG should be readily available since they have many other uses. Flavorings are food flavorings, so it depends where you get those. Some places sell them direct, while vape vendors that sell other vape related items could have a tougher time or just choose to shut down.

On the safe side, if you have the means to, stock up on nic now, because the tax they've mentioned could break you.

In other words, it's all bullshit what they're doing to us. Can't even try to quit smoking anymore. :(

Hate to dead post but...

Latest scam tax proposal for Nic is out.....

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 7.02.18 PM.png

VU Sponsors