Become a Patron!

Pos vape

I bought a new vape a few days ago to replace my old one that I broke.

It's just a k101. I had bought a protank 2 the same time I bought the k101 so I never had to use the tank that came with the 101.

The first day was alright, the second day it went to shit. There was no air flow and it always spit juice in my mouth along with leak out the sides.

I cleaned it out and put it back together many times and nothing. So I used the one that came with the 101 for about two days and it worked better than the protank

Today, I went to a shop to ask someone on how to improve the protank to where it'll actually work. Bought a device to fit on it. It worked for a few hours, now there's almost no vapor.

Can anyone recommend any new solutions?

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How many ohms is the atomizer in the protank? I have an Aerotank that came with 2.5 ohm atomizer and it will barely work on my EVOD batteries, but works fine at 9+ watts on my MVP 2 on VW.

Maybe you just don't have enough power to drive the protank and need to replace the atomizer with a lower ohm one.

If you are not sure, it is printed in a sort of gold laser etched looking print just above the threads where it screws into the head. You may need a flashlight to see it.

Bill

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
version 2 of the arotank base and learn to roll your own coils.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I'm looking at the right thing, I think it says 2.2
2.2 is probably too much for your battery, your other tank is probably down in the range of 1.5. That's what my EVOD 2 tanks are running.

The replacement atomizers are easy to put in, and pretty cheap. You can find them for less than $2 each.

Bill

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, and try a different B&M, the one you are going to isn't very good... Call around and them what you have and what problem you are having. A good one will probably tell you something similar to what I did.

And no, you do not have to upgrade your battery just to use it, you just need lower ohm atomizers.

Bill

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The K101 is a straight thru mechanical right

Usually 1.8-2.0 ohm on coils for those, any higher and it just doesn't seem to get hot enough to vape right

And the spitting, those are crap coils...need to rebuild em...there are tons of howto's on protank style coil rebuilds

Thanks. I'm just going to buy a pack of 1.8 coils tomorrow morning and see how that works but now I've ran into another problem.

I just tested one of the two batteries that came in the kit and the larger battery (3.7v) now does not work or will charge anymore.

If I upgraded to a longer lasting battery, would I still be able to use the 1.8 coils?
Also, could having the wrong coils be the cause of the spicy, throat stinging, hot taste of the vapor?

Last edited:

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! I'll head to the shop tomorrow for the lower atom. But what is a B&M?

Brick and Mortar, means a store vs online.

The volts and/or wattage determines what you can use effectively. My EVOD 2 is 3.5 volts and will not work effectively with the 2+ ohm coils in my aerotank.

I think that the 1.5 ohm coils work better on the lower voltage batteries that I have.

As for the batter that won't work, make sure that the contact is clean. Take the edge of a paper towel and work it around the connector so that it gets down under it to try and suck up any juice that may have passed under it.

I've had all these problems recently and these are the things that I learned that resolved the problems for me with my kits.

Bill

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What battery are you using now?

spicy, throat stinging, hot taste of the vapor?
That's a "dry hit"

Puff on the vape not long hard drag like an analog (drawing long and hard on it dries the wick and make the coil overheat)

VU Sponsors