Become a Patron!

Possible beginning of seizures

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After three weeks in Chicago customs the package arrived today unopened. All items inside are sealed. It makes no sense at all. Where has it been for three weeks?
If you don't do this a lot, it may seem abnormal, but it's actually not, not at all. I've had, over the last nigh on four years, many instances where packages get held up at various customs facilities for a week or more. Generally, NY Customs is the fastest. Chicago, I've found, to be hit or miss. Sometimes you get a one day turnaround, sometimes 4 days, sometimes a week or more. It happens.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
After three weeks in Chicago customs the package arrived today unopened. All items inside are sealed. It makes no sense at all. Where has it been for three weeks?

Three words... It's the government. I have shit sit in customs for a long time. No reason - it's like they pick a person to fuck with.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Three words... It's the government. I have shit sit in customs for a long time. No reason - it's like they pick a person to fuck with.
Exactly this. I ordered a wrap at the beginning of this month which shipped USPS Priority. 2 days into shipping it basically disappeared, stuck in limbo in NJ. So I emailed the vendor and they sent a new one out on the 13th. I got the original one on the 15th, emailed the vendor, and they said not to worry about it, just keep it. So where's the second one? I was beginning to think they never sent it, but it arrived today. So, 12 days for the first Priority 2 Day, and 17 days for the second. Shit happens. When everyone on this forum has multiple packages held up, then maybe we need to start worrying a little.

And by the way folks, it's not a seizure unless they confiscate your goods and you never get them. Otherwise, it's just held up, maybe for inspection, maybe because some troll decided to delay your package intentionally.

Or maybe this:
188700.gif

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Exactly this. I ordered a wrap at the beginning of this month which shipped USPS Priority. 2 days into shipping it basically disappeared, stuck in limbo in NJ. So I emailed the vendor and they sent a new one out on the 13th. I got the original one on the 15th, emailed the vendor, and they said not to worry about it, just keep it. So where's the second one? I was beginning to think they never sent it, but it arrived today. So, 12 days for the first Priority 2 Day, and 17 days for the second. Shit happens. When everyone on this forum has multiple packages held up, then maybe we need to start worrying a little.

And by the way folks, it's not a seizure unless they confiscate your goods and you never get them. Otherwise, it's just held up, maybe for inspection, maybe because some troll decided to delay your package intentionally.

Or maybe this:
188700.gif
Now that looks like the handling some of my packages received en route to me.

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
YAY! Second package made it through customs and has a delivery date. First package...well that one is still stuck. Wanted my second one more anyway.

Didn't want to double post so edited this one.
First two clones made it, posted a pic in Vape Mail. Got to wait a couple days for the last one. Was more worried when I saw someone going through problems with there package I thought the worst was going to happen to me as well.

Last edited:

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, someone is checking something. I order a goodly amount from overseas. The package that arrived yesterday had been slit open and inspected, then re-taped shut. That's the first time I've seen that.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I order a decent amount from fasttech. Threads like this are a little concerning, but hopefully it's just some weird random experiences individuals are having. So far, I haven't experienced any issues with my orders besides the annoyingly random delays when stuff arrives in Chicago. Never had a package opened. Did have one package that got lost in the mail, at some point after it arrived in the US and was handed off to USPS. That was for an order placed back in June, and Fasttech has just now agreed to process the refund. They're slow, but reliable. Anyways, USPS takes 60 days to verify that a package is lost.

Kind of a long winded way of saying I haven't experienced any FDA-potentially-related weirdness yet, though I am very glad to have ecig's wholesale service available for my larger orders. Makes me feel a little more comfortable doing my "big" dollar purchases with a US vendor.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, someone is checking something. I order a goodly amount from overseas. The package that arrived yesterday had been slit open and inspected, then re-taped shut. That's the first time I've seen that.
Thousands upon thousands of packages flow through customs entry points in various parts of the US daily. There are random scans, watch list scans, country specific scans, and even sometimes scent dog triggered scans. When the customs employee sees something that looks a little off, they open the package and inspect it. It happens a lot, every day. It's only sheer volume (and innocent goods) that prevent you from receiving more opened and resealed packages.

I had an acquaintance that worked at JFK doing just that. You would be amazed at the illicit merchandise being shipped in in volumes small (personal use) and large (distribution) from China (and India/Pakistan and many parts of Africa). You'd also be amazed at how it's shipped in, including stuffed into crap electronics. So, it's really not shocking that some of our gear gets inspected.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thousands upon thousands of packages flow through customs entry points in various parts of the US daily. There are random scans, watch list scans, country specific scans, and even sometimes scent dog triggered scans. When the customs employee sees something that looks a little off, they open the package and inspect it. It happens a lot, every day. It's only sheer volume (and innocent goods) that prevent you from receiving more opened and resealed packages.

I had an acquaintance that worked at JFK doing just that. You would be amazed at the illicit merchandise being shipped in in volumes small (personal use) and large (distribution) from China (and India/Pakistan and many parts of Africa). You'd also be amazed at how it's shipped in, including stuffed into crap electronics. So, it's really not shocking that some of our gear gets inspected.
yeah you know those Chinese xpium dens!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have read horror stories about mail order pharmacy items and a certain state customs agency so it don't surprise me to read vape mail thur the same place is also delayed.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah you know those Chinese xpium dens!
Discussion of particulars is a no-no on the forum, but it does occur. Also other illicit goods like weapons. He was telling me once about one shipper known to hide certain plant materials in person-to-person shipments of pool and pond filters and another that used toys with wheels for certain powders. And, according to him, it's not uncommon at all. So, yeah, you might reasonable expect a mod to be opened and inspected, especially if there's anything inside the battery compartment that is visible on the scanners.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In 70 or so Chinese shipments over the last several years I've had three that were opened and resealed. All before the deeming regs went into effect. Pretty much SOP and luck of the draw I think.

VU Sponsors