Become a Patron!

Post office sucks big fat...

Mechanical king

Bronze Contributor
2 packages from people on here says they were delivered. Guess what? No fucking packages. How fucking stupid can you be? Read the address, match the address to the address on the house, put said package in said mailbox. NOT A DIFFICULT THING TO DO!

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear you. One way or another I'll make it right. If worse comes to worse I do have another Pulse (sadly I use it a lot) I could send you and refund the price you paid for the Drop or refund the whole thing. I've initiated a search with USPS. Not that I expect it to bear fruit and when it fails I'll file the insurance claim.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the good (I hope) side your other package finally left Houston.

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sometimes the packages show as being delivered and then show up two days later when the postal carrier decides to actually deliver it. Happens all the time.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow your post office must REALLY be bad. So 2 separate packages. Plus didn't you have a package recently that showed up that was empty? I would be calling the postmaster at this point. Sounds like a thief is around to me

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Time to get a P.O Box at a post office. I have one but it's only for really important mail. I like vape mail sent to the street address. However, if some jerk started stealing I would start using the post office box.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the good (I home) side your other package finally left Houston.
Fwiw, the North Houston post office collapsed last week in the storms,, so it's a matter of digging through the wet mail to deliver the mail. All of my mail comes through that location,,, and I live closer to Galveston.

It is what it is-patience

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sometimes the packages show as being delivered and then show up two days later when the postal carrier decides to actually deliver it. Happens all the time.
Yes, I have had that quite often. Next day or even 2 days later it shows up. That or it is in my neighbors box. @Mechanical king Do you have one of those boxes where the neighborhood shares it. It has all smaller boxes inside for each individual? If so, it could possibly be that the carrier put it into the wrong slot.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fwiw, the North Houston post office collapsed last week in the storms,, so it's a matter of digging through the wet mail to deliver the mail. All of my mail comes through that location,,, and I live closer to Galveston.

It is what it is-patience
Wow small world. I grew up in Dickinson.

Yes I know about North Houston distro center roof collapse. I know some of my mail has been held up. I'm not concerned about that.In this case I shipped a package. Tracking shows that it was delivered yesterday. OP says it was not at his mailbox.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First response to my search request with USPS: The parts in bold have been edited to remove the buyer's home town out of respect for his privacy.

Dear DonBaldy (had my real name),

This message is to let you know that we have received your inquiry at the Buyer's home post Office.

After we review and investigate the information you have provided, we will contact you and work with you until the issue is resolved.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this matter.

Sincerely,

KATHI NORSTEBON

Buyer's home post office

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I've had so many packages turn up missing that were supposedly delivered I had to start having my packages sent to my sister across the lake. It's a pain in the butt yet every package marked delivered actually makes it into her mailbox. Now once every so often we drive across the lake just to get my vape mail. I hate my post office!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Open a Case with the Post Office because from my experience that results in missing packages mysteriously start tracking and get delivered. Especially when it shows as delivered but must be passed the Expected or Scheduled Delivery Date. Oh and after you will receive phone calls checking on it. Sometimes 2-3.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've had so many packages turn up missing that were supposedly delivered I had to start having my packages sent to my sister across the lake. It's a pain in the butt yet every package marked delivered actually makes it into her mailbox. Now once every so often we drive across the lake just to get my vape mail. I hate my post office!

I have had so many just stop in Brooklyn my complaint the last time resulted in a package showing Scanned there and left the destination in an hour the next time~!

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Open a Case with the Post Office because from my experience that results in missing packages mysteriously start tracking and get delivered. Especially when it shows as delivered but must be passed the Expected or Scheduled Delivery Date. Oh and after you will receive phone calls checking on it. Sometimes 2-3.
I have begun the process.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm hoping the recipient will. Look I value my reputation and integrity, but I've done my part and I'm trying to do all that I can.

I am not questioning your integrity I am only sharing my experience with the Postal System. I have been told by vendors many times that their responsibility stops once it shows as Accepted by the Carrier. This goes for FedEx, DHL, UPS and USPS

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not questioning your integrity I am only sharing my experience with the Postal System. I have been told by vendors many times that their responsibility stops once it shows as Accepted by the Carrier. This goes for FedEx, DHL, UPS and USPS
Not saying you were, and I sincerely apologize if I remotely implies such.

I'm happy for any advice as I've been very, very lucky and never had this problem. You also correct that technically my responsibility for the parcel ended once it was in the hands of USPS, but I can still try to help if I can.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not saying you were, and I sincerely apologize if I remotely implies such.
I'm happy for any advice as I've been very, very lucky and never had this problem. You also correct that technically my responsibility for the parcel ended once it was in the hands of USPS, but I can still try to help if I can.

No apology necessary my friend and I apologize if you thought I was questioning your Integrity~! And you trying to help in any way you can just confirms how much of a Stand Up Guy you are~! :vino:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No apology necessary my friend and I apologize if you thought I was questioning your Integrity~! And you trying to help in any way you can just confirms how much of a Stand Up Guy you are~! :vino:
Not once did it even occur that you were questioning my integrity. I was just making a statement.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yes I know about North Houston distro center roof collapse. I know some of my mail has been held up. I'm not concerned about that.In this case I shipped a package. Tracking shows that it was delivered yesterday. OP says it was not at his mailbox.
I'm around the corner in Seabrook :)

I am slowly meeting other people who vape,, very few are any form of DIY.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First response to my search request with USPS: The parts in bold have been edited to remove the buyer's home town out of respect for his privacy.

Dear DonBaldy (had my real name),

This message is to let you know that we have received your inquiry at the Buyer's home post Office.

After we review and investigate the information you have provided, we will contact you and work with you until the issue is resolved.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this matter.

Sincerely,

KATHI NORSTEBON

Buyer's home post office
We could have an interesting race,, I have a small Fastech order coming,,,all of my orders come through the collapsed post office,,, I got a text saying I should have the package Friday.

Ps, I send vape stuff out to other people,, I always take a picture of the tracking code and send it as a text to them even though there is no money exchanged... More of a courtesy so we know where the package is at.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Everything showed up today. Had me worried. Appreciate your help @DonBaldy. Wonder if that inquiry didnt put a boot in someone's ass to actually deliver it instead of just marking it as done. Anyway just happy it showed up!
Glad it made it there and yes, it's quite possible that a inquiry got someone moving. Good deal

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

I have some inventory tied up there myself. Trying to figure out what all is lost and what is ruined. OP will find it in his mailbox tomorrow most likely unless the mail carrier screwed up.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have some inventory tied up there myself. Trying to figure out what all is lost and what is ruined. OP will find it in his mailbox tomorrow most likely unless the mail carrier screwed up.
OP was able to locate the parcel.

VU Sponsors