Become a Patron!

Pre made coil tails

Hi have bought some pre made alien coils the tails both point the same direction however my tank needs them opposite. Would I need to wind/unwind them to get them facing right or would this change ohms? Or do both tails the same to even the wind out across both sides? Thanks

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi have bought some pre made alien coils the tails both point the same direction however my tank needs them opposite. Would I need to wind/unwind them to get them facing right or would this change ohms? Or do both tails the same to even the wind out across both sides? Thanks
Usually pre made have opposite legs. Some decks call for the coil to be wrapped backwards so legs are on same side but there's not many.
Depending on leg length vs needed leg length you may need to add or remove 1/2 wrap. Yes it does change resistance but not enough to really matter much unless your pushing the low end on a mech. If regulated you can always tweak watts anyway.

Last edited:
Usually pre made have opposite legs. Some decks call for the coil to be wrapped backwards so legs are on same side but there's not many.
Depending on leg length vs needed leg length you may need to add or remove 1/2 wrap. Yes it does change resistance but not enough to really matter much unless your pushing the low end on a mech. If regulated you can always tweak watts anyway.
Thanks very much for your help

VU Sponsors