Preorder Criterion Collection's First 3 Upcoming 4K Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The Criterion Collection has been releasing absolutely incredible versions of the all-time greatest movies in cinema history since its start in 1984. The first LaserDisc Criterion release was Citizen Kane, and now it's the first of six movies coming to the first 4K UHD Blu-ray slate of Criterion Collection releases.

Criterion announced its first slate of 4K movies last week: Citizen Kane, Menace II Society, The Piano, Mulholland Dr., The Red Shoes, and A Hard Day’s Night. Of the six movies, three are available to preorder right now, starting with Citizen Kane.

Preorder the First 4K Criterion Collection Movies​

Note: the Citizen Kane Criterion Collection 4K Blu-ray and Mulholland Dr. are currently discounted at Walmart, but it's likely Amazon will price match sooner rather than later. Just know that Walmart charges when you preorder whereas Amazon charges when the item ships.

I'm personally pretty amped on the Criterion move into 4K. I'm not a cinephile by any means, but I do enjoy the care that goes into the Criterion Collection movies. I have a few on Blu-ray and they're very choice. I also just preordered Citizen Kane, which I have been told is the Metroid Prime of cinema.

Citizen Kane is a movie I put off watching for years and years because I thought there was no way I would like it, then I watched it on whatever streaming service it happened to be running on a few years back and really enjoyed it. I have it on Blu-ray but it's just not the same as having a Criterion Collection case sitting on my shelf.

Seth Macy is Executive Editor, IGN Commerce, and just wants to be your friend.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors