Become a Patron!

Pretty new to this so i have a couple questions.

So right off the bat a few weeks ago i walk into a shop and buy a smok m65 mod box and an aspire atlantis tank set up. I like it and it works well.... I take that back the box kinda sucks and I am looking to get the istick 50w tomorrow. Any way I just bought an addie a few days ago and I like it a lot but i don't want to burn threw juice all the time. the addie is a mutation x v3 the shop i got it from built the coil and wicked it for me. But what is the big differences between the mech mods and box mods? Seems to me also that all the box mods do the same thing and don't differ much. will i benefit in putting my addie on a mech mod over the box mod i have now? I know its a lot of questions but just things that run threw my head lol

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mech mods have no safety except for ones common sense.

Regulated mods add safety and variety to ones set up.

With a mech you are stuck with one type of vape dependent on what ohm coil you have.

With a regulated you can play around with wattage to find your best vape on any ohm coil that might be in an atty or tank.

Its really a "what you like best" decision...Mechs will require some knowledge and common sense so you dont blow your face and fingers off.

Any questions?

Edit: By the way box mods can be mechanical also and work like a mech mod does but with the same dangers as a tube style mod...So box mod doesnt just mean a regulated box.

Mech mods have no safety except for ones common sense.

Regulated mods add safety and variety to ones set up.

With a mech you are stuck with one type of vape dependent on what ohm coil you have.

With a regulated you can play around with wattage to find your best vape on any ohm coil that might be in an atty or tank.

Its really a "what you like best" decision...Mechs will require some knowledge and common sense so you dont blow your face and fingers off.

Any questions?
Thank you for that i think being new i will stick with the box until i learn a bit more about the ohms laws them I'm not very good with electrical.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you for that i think being new i will stick with the box until i learn a bit more about the ohms laws them I'm not very good with electrical.

Regulated is really more worry free...Mechs have a place and a following but they arent really for someone new or a beginner in general...you need to invest in good batteries and ohm checkers and chargers and understand coils and ohms law just to be safe...Not that good batteries and ohm checkers and good chargers do t apply to regulated but its alot more important with mechanicals.

youll eventually work your way into it once you understand it more if its still something you want to do.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OP: as a new vaper, please dear god do not get a mech mod. You should stick with regulated devices until you know battery safety and ohm's law. You will learn it all, and it wont take you too long, but just stick with a regulated device until you know what you are doing. You will get more out of it when you know everything about it.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stick with that iStick until you're sure you know enough to not blow your hands and face off. I say this as a mech user who learned on a mech. It wasn't safe, but then the guy who taught me told me as much. I'm lucky. My local vapor shop is staffed by people who know what the hell they're doing.

You'll need to learn about ohms law. How this applies to your coils. How this applies to batteries. What batteries can handle. What batteries are legitimate. What battery companies you can trust. How mech mods work. How to take care of them. How your atomizer connects to your mech mod. Hybrid top caps. There's more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

It's a daunting list, but it's worth learning so you don't end up with hooks for hands and a face like Harvey Dent.

Stick with that iStick until you're sure you know enough to not blow your hands and face off. I say this as a mech user who learned on a mech. It wasn't safe, but then the guy who taught me told me as much. I'm lucky. My local vapor shop is staffed by people who know what the hell they're doing.

You'll need to learn about ohms law. How this applies to your coils. How this applies to batteries. What batteries can handle. What batteries are legitimate. What battery companies you can trust. How mech mods work. How to take care of them. How your atomizer connects to your mech mod. Hybrid top caps. There's more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

It's a daunting list, but it's worth learning so you don't end up with hooks for hands and a face like Harvey Dent.
Thank you I spent a few days on YouTube so far and figured out that the ohms law is pretty straight forward and so is battery safety. As of right now I have a shop building my coils for me safely until I get the right tools and ohm reader to try it out on my own. I have a quick and easy ohms calculator on my phone that works well and a sony 18650 battery that at a full charge has 4.2 volts so then I can just build a coil and put it on the ohms reader to make sure I don't come close to the amp output of the battery. Beside that and making sure I have a well ventilated mech with a battery that is not damaged I should be pretty good right? Btw I won't touch those mods with out the pin in them I looked at those and Idc if I know what I'm doing that just seems very unsafe imo. It's just asking to have a battery explode

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Very good JSHMHN! It is very important to put safety above all else. You dont want to end up in this media as the person who died from "E Cigs"

stewpickles

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the mutation is an excellent atomizer to go with. i would recommend staying away from the istick though. my coworker has one and he absolutely hates it. i just switched to the sigelei 50w and im REALLY liking it. ive had several mech mods which i love a lot too but with the box im finding it a lot more user friendly. i have found that certain juices like certain wattages a little more and taste better depending on the output. you can still chuck some pretty nice clouds too. plus a massive bonus with the sigelei box is that it has an ohm meter built in to it and wont even allow you to run a build lower than .2 ohms.

VU Sponsors