Become a Patron!

Problem with a Recipe

piposen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi there,

first i have to say i used Capella for the first time. I also used TFA Spearmint for the first time!

I guess I overdosed one of them or both... What do you think?

The Problem is it tastes like Mint-Shampoo :D

7% Cap Double Watermelon
2% TFA Spearmint
0,5% TFA Honey
0,5% TFA Cinamon SPice

70/30 vpg

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi there,

first i have to say i used Capella for the first time ... and thats why i gues i overdosed it ... But i would be happy to hear your ideas... But i also used TFA Spearmint for the first time!

7% Cap Double Watermelon
2% TFA Spearmint
0,5% TFA Honey
0,5% TFA Cinamon SPice

70/30 vpg

The Problem is it tastes like Mint-Shampoo :D

Did you wash your bottles with any soap before mixing?

piposen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No... Didnt wash it at all I have to say ... Should I? I always thought it comes clean from the seller. But my other mixes in the same bottles tastes great...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No... Didnt wash it at all I have to say ... Should I? I always thought it comes clean from the seller. But my other mixes in the same bottles tastes great...

May have had something left in the bottle, best to at least rinse them well in hot water at least.
If you use any soap be sure to rinse them well.
Although some mixes need to steep for a bit.
Could be one of the flavorings is bad too, might need to test each one separately.

piposen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But the % are ok so far?! Not that i shouldnt go over 0,5% with spearmint ?!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
But the % are ok so far?! Not that i shouldnt go over 0,5% with spearmint ?!

I found that all the "mints" are kinda strong for me anyway.
But I'd try the Spearmint at 0.5% just to find out for sure.

And some complain about some of the Honeys smelling like cat pee.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
TFA Honey is STRONG to me, so I don't know if it's that or not. I also find Cinnamon Spice to be strong, though.

piposen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cinnamon Spice its not for sure... I love it even with 2% in Tropical Fruit mixes ...

And yeah, that honey is strong ... even 0.5 a can taste it through the soap :D

I guess the Spearmint is bad ... just added a drop to plain vg and it tastes the same ..

Ill try again with peppermint and will use 0.5%...

Thanks for the help!

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It could just be a combo of the flavorings too. Cin w/ mint w/ honey. Not sure how those play together in a fruit mix. Maybe on your next attempt leave the cinnamon out and see how honey and mint do with watermelon. If it's good add acouple drops of cin to the mix and see how it changes it. That's what I would do.

piposen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It could just be a combo of the flavorings too. Cin w/ mint w/ honey. Not sure how those play together in a fruit mix. Maybe on your next attempt leave the cinnamon out and see how honey and mint do with watermelon. If it's good add acouple drops of cin to the mix and see how it changes it. That's what I would do.

Could be the honey with spearmint ... or both are bad ... i bought this two from a reseller and maybe they are old ...

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would try lowering that double watermelon just a bit... That's just me though.
I have not used any honey so I can't give an answer on that aspect.
Something about using honey makes me very cautious and hesitant don't know what it is but I don't think I will be using it now or in the near future.

VU Sponsors